- Massive Insider Selling as Market Hits Record Highs @ 24/7 Wall St. - 45 minutes ago
We cover insider selling each week at 24/7 Wall St., and despite the big numbers and share counts that are starting to hit the tape, there is no immediate reason for alarm.
- What's in his wallet? Capital One discloses CEO Fairbank's compensation @ USA TODAY - 14 hours ago
No salary, but Capital One CEO's compensation valued at $19.6M.
- Why Amazon hired former White House press secretary Carney Yahoo Finance - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:53 PM EST
Former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is now the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Affairs at Amazon.
- Inside Chipotle’s kitchen: What’s really handmade The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 8:55 AM EST
At Chipotle, if a customer asks for more, employees will generously oblige. They’ll add rice, beans or salsa. But they are trained to be stingy with the “critical seven,” expensive foods including steak, ...
- How to Save Money Running Your Startup Entrepreneur - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:15 AM EST
- Taiwan Hangs Out The Welcome Sign @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:01 AM EST
According to Taiwan’s national news agency, nearly 7,500 people from Hong Kong were given residency last year, the highest rate of emigration since the apprehensive years before Hong Kong’s 1997 handover to China by the United Kingdom. Money is also pouring in from all quarters: foreign investors have bought more than …
- Four years after Mid-Market tax break, Zendesk wins over community @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 7:19 PM EST
After adding up the dollars and cents, the tax deal has paid off for San Francisco. But what’s less measurable is whether the so-called Twitter tax break is paying off for the community, which, like it ...
- Oil patch CEOs beginning to feel the pain of lower crude prices @ USA TODAY - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 12:42 PM EST
Pay cuts in the down trodden oil patch? Schlumberger CEO's comp falls 24%
- Kandi Technologies Says SEC Won't Act On Probe Benzinga - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 1:39 PM EST
Kandi Technologies Group Inc. (NASDAQ: KNDI ) shares gained Tuesday after the company said the Securities and Exchange Commission won't take enforcement action in connection with a probe disclosed by Kandi ...
- What investors can learn from their 2014 tax returns Morningstar - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 11:21 AM EST
- Why Sandell wants to revamp Brookdale’s board Market Realist - Mon, Feb 16, 2015 5:05 PM EST
Sandell wants Brookdale to revamp its board because It has no director with real estate experience and lacks in independent shareholder representation.
- Vitesse Semiconductor seeks to profit from Internet-connected devices @ Los Angeles Times - Sun, Feb 15, 2015 10:59 PM EST
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. certainly has a list of well-heeled customers: Cisco Systems, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and IBM, to name a few.
- Insiders Sell High-Profile Stocks as Market Trades Higher @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 14, 2015 9:15 AM EST
For the second week in a row, despite positive moves in all of the indexes, insider selling is at a medium level. While some of the trades were large, the overall volume seems lower than expected.
- These tax credits can save you hundreds of dollars MarketWatch - Thu, Feb 12, 2015 12:39 PM EST
- B/E Aerospace Inc (BEAV), Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM), T-Mobile US Inc (TMUS): John Orrico’s Water Island … @ Insider Monkey - Wed, Feb 11, 2015 1:46 PM EST
Water Island Capital is a merger-arbitrage fund that was founded in 2000 by John Orrico. In its latest 13F filing, the firm revealed an equity portfolio valued at nearly $3.0 billion, which contains 106 stocks. The majority of the companies from the portfolio are in line with the fund’s strategy and represent companies …
- Apple Inc. (AAPL), Visa Inc (V), Actavis plc (ACT): Laurion Capital Reveals Top Stock Picks @ Insider Monkey - Wed, Feb 11, 2015 12:59 PM EST
Benjamin A. Smith’s Laurion Capital Management recently filed its 13F Form for last quarter with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Therein, the investment firm disclosed its top picks by the end of 2014. Its largest holding – excluding stock options and ETFs – was in Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), with a stake of …
- Web.com Group Inc (WWWW): Okumus Strikes Deal and Appoints Two Directors @ Insider Monkey - Tue, Feb 10, 2015 1:02 PM EST
After going activist a couple of months ago, Okumus Fund Management, an activist fund led by Ahmet Okumus, has stroke a deal with the board of Web.com Group Inc (NASDAQ:WWWW), under the terms of which the board appointed two new independent directors, John Giuliani and Rick Rudman. Okumus is the largest shareholder of Web.com …
- Huge Insider Selling as Markets Approach All-Time Highs Again @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 7, 2015 9:15 AM EST
Needless to say, when a market has an almost six-year run like we have seen, insiders are itching to take some money off the table.
- Don’t fall into a tax trap The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Feb 6, 2015 2:32 PM EST
- Why you should care that IBM's CEO is grossly overpaid @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Feb 6, 2015 12:28 PM EST
Reader E.G. Rice of Marina del Rey has taken issue with my recent post on the nice raise that IBM has given its chairman and CEO, Virginia Rometty, despite the company's awful financial results in 2014. ...
- Managing Millennials: 5 Tips on Overseeing 'First Timers' Entrepreneur - Thu, Feb 5, 2015 4:00 PM EST
- Mirati Therapeutics Inc. (MRTX): Baker Bros. Advisors Increases Stake in Growing Stock @ Insider Monkey - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 1:30 PM EST
Julian Baker and Felix Baker’s Baker Bros. Advisors recently disclosed an increase of around 929,700 shares to its position in Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:MRTX). According to the 13D Form filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the hedge fund now owns approximately 3.3 million common shares, representing …
- Hewlett Packard values Meg Whitman's compensation at $19.6 million, up 11% @ USA TODAY - Mon, Feb 2, 2015 5:16 PM EST
Turnaround efforts boost Meg Whitman's compensation to $19.6 million in '14.
- Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman gets raise amid sales decline @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, Feb 2, 2015 2:50 PM EST
Hewlett-Packard boss Meg Whitman has graduated from the dollar-a-year club, as the struggling company prepares to split up.
- HP's Whitman gets a $2M compensation raise for 2014, despite laying off thousands of employees @ ZDNet - Mon, Feb 2, 2015 12:12 PM EST
- How to File Your Taxes: DIY or Professional DailyWorth - Mon, Feb 2, 2015 12:00 AM EST
There are plenty of individuals and firms vying to help you complete your taxes: The tax preparation industry represents more than $10 billion each year. If your employer provides you with a W-2, “taxes have already been taken out of your paycheck and going the DIY route is fairly simple,” says Shannah Compton, a certified …
- Perils of the Two-Faced Markets @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 2:59 AM EST
For the month just ended, the financial markets might be regarded as two-faced. Stocks suffered their second straight monthly decline, while government bonds soared as their yields fell to record lows. April may be the cruelest month to the poet, but U.S. equity investors are down some $1.1 trillion since the market’s …
- Starbucks' Outgoing COO Sells $8.8M in Stock @ Barrons.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:52 PM EST
Three Starbucks insiders sold 127,314 shares for $11,203,232, an average of $80 each, on Jan. 26 and 27 as the stock set steep prices. Troy Alstead, outgoing chief operating officer, exercised options ...
- Reject the Tinder Approach to Sales and Your Business Will Be Thrive Happily Ever After Entrepreneur - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:00 PM EST
- Expert Advice: 5 Questions That Create a Strong Management Section for Your Business Plan Entrepreneur - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 2:30 PM EST
- 10 Things Buried In Apple's Last 10K You May Not Know Benzinga - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 12:55 PM EST
With Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL ) set to deliver earnings this week, now would be a good time to take a look back at the company's most recent 10K filing for a few numbers that some investors might have ...
- Buyers On Bad News @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 12:01 AM EST
December Hedge Funds: Best, Worst, Biggest Not many hedge fund managers started running other people’s money as early as Richard Mashaal. He was just a teenager when his father, venture capitalist Victor Mashaal, gave him 3,000 Canadian dollars, set him up in his broker’s office in Montreal, and told him he had a few …
- Spike in eBay Shares on Q4 Earnings Puts These ETFs in Focus - ETF News And Commentary Zacks - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 3:35 PM EST
Shares of eBay are in focus following their Q4 results and their Paypal plans, putting these ETFs in focus.
- Money Minute: What do you do when you find out your coworker earns more than you? Yahoo Finance - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 12:47 PM EST
Yahoo Finance's Mandi Woodruff offers tips on what to do if you find out your coworker earns more than you (for doing the exact same job).
- eBay Posts Mixed Earnings, Plans Job Cuts and Spin Offs - Stocks in the News Zacks - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 7:47 PM EST
eBay beat the consensus earnings estimate, but announced job cuts and spin offs of not just PayPal but the enterprise unit as well.
- Why Disney CEO Makes $47 Million @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Jan 17, 2015 9:50 AM EST
CEO and Chairman Robert Iger is about to collect $46.5 million in compensation for 2014, due in part to the success of "Frozen" and "Guardians of the Galaxy."
- U.S. job openings at highest level in 14 years @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 9:39 PM EST
U.S. employers felt so secure about the economy's potential that this fall they advertised the most job openings in nearly 14 years, according to the latest government data.
- What to Expect From Alcoa Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 11:50 AM EST
Many investors use Alcoa as a bogey for the entire economy and the metals sector. That tie may seem less relevant now that Alcoa has been booted out of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Amazon’s diaper deal spawns new rival The Wall Street Journal - Thu, Jan 8, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- Divorce and Your Money @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 6, 2015 2:30 PM EST
Take these steps to avoid financial disaster.
- Bryn Mawr Bank - Continental Bank Close Merger at $125M - Analyst Blog Zacks - Mon, Jan 5, 2015 10:20 AM EST
On Friday, Bryn Mawr Bank Corp (BMTC), the holding company of Bryn Mawr Trust Co, announced the completion of the merger with Continental Bank Holdings, Inc. (CBH), the parent company of Continental Bank.
- Insiders Sell High-Profile Stocks as 2014 Trading Comes to an End @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Jan 3, 2015 9:10 AM EST
With the 2014 trading year coming to an end last week, the pace of inside selling picked up a bit as insiders continued to sell stock in time to put it on the 2014 ledger and tax forms.
- As 2014 Ends, the Bull Rests, and Markets Slip @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 3, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Vital Signs On the last day of the year, the bull rested. Stocks took most of the week off, dropping three straight days after a record close Monday for the Standard & Poor’s 500 index. The major indexes ...
- First NBC to Buy State Investors; Accretive to 2015-16 EPS - Analyst Blog Zacks - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Strengthening its footprint in the New Orleans metropolitan area, First NBC Bank Holding Company (NBCB) is set to acquire State Investors Bancorp, Inc. (SIBC).
- Now's the time for your financial review @ USA TODAY - Sun, Dec 28, 2014 12:02 PM EST
Why not tackle financial plans after the holiday season, when clearer heads prevail?
- 13 Analyst Stocks at $10 and Under With Huge Implied Upside @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Dec 27, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Many investors are looking for where to put their money now that the Dow Jones Industrial Average has hit 18,000.
- Tech Insiders Sell Shares as Markets Hit All-Time Highs @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Dec 27, 2014 9:10 AM EST
In a week when the markets were putting in some all-time highs, many insiders stayed on the sidelines, which is yet another positive as the bull market looks to continue as we head into 2015.
- EBay Chiefs to Quit Post PayPal Spinoff, Earn $35M on Exit - Analyst Blog Zacks - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:30 PM EST
In line with a regulatory filing, five of eBay Inc.'s (EBAY) top executives will step down following the spinoff of its payment-processing unit PayPal next year.
- Snapchat's revenue strategy discussed in emails leaked in Sony hack @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 8:03 PM EST
Months after a leak of salacious emails from his Stanford University fraternity days embarrassed Snapchat's young chief executive, the unauthorized release this week of a more recent set of emails offered ...
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Announces Departure of Richard A. King, President And CEO Benzinga - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 5:05 PM EST
On November 5, 2014, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the “Company”) announced the departure of Richard A. King, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Mr. King's separation was not the ...