- 13 Analyst Stocks at $10 and Under With Huge Implied Upside @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Dec 27, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Many investors are looking for where to put their money now that the Dow Jones Industrial Average has hit 18,000.
- Tech Insiders Sell Shares as Markets Hit All-Time Highs @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Dec 27, 2014 9:10 AM EST
In a week when the markets were putting in some all-time highs, many insiders stayed on the sidelines, which is yet another positive as the bull market looks to continue as we head into 2015.
- EBay Chiefs to Quit Post PayPal Spinoff, Earn $35M on Exit - Analyst Blog Zacks - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:30 PM EST
In line with a regulatory filing, five of eBay Inc.'s (EBAY) top executives will step down following the spinoff of its payment-processing unit PayPal next year.
- Snapchat's revenue strategy discussed in emails leaked in Sony hack @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 8:03 PM EST
Months after a leak of salacious emails from his Stanford University fraternity days embarrassed Snapchat's young chief executive, the unauthorized release this week of a more recent set of emails offered ...
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Announces Departure of Richard A. King, President And CEO Benzinga - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 5:05 PM EST
On November 5, 2014, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the “Company”) announced the departure of Richard A. King, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Mr. King's separation was not the ...
- Starbucks CEO Schultz Sells $29M in Stock Near High @ Barrons.com - Mon, Dec 15, 2014 5:16 PM EST
Three Starbucks insiders including the top executive sold 448,320 shares for $37,543,225, an average of $83.74 each, on Dec. 9 and 10. The sales came on the heels of a record-high stock price. Chairman, ...
- JPMorgan Ups GoPro To Buy, Sees Multiple Catalysts Ahead @ Barrons.com - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 10:10 AM EST
GoPro (GPRO) is rising Friday following an upgrade from JPMorgan. Analysts Paul Coster,Paul Chung and Mark Strouse raised their rating on the stock from Neutral to Overweight, without changing any of their ...
- Moody's: Global investment banks' pay policies still pose risk to bondholders @ Moody's - Tue, Dec 9, 2014 9:35 AM EST
New York, December 09, 2014-- Despite efforts by regulators to reduce emphasis on short-term results in determining executive compensation at the global investment banks, the time periods to receive compensation ...
- How Investors Are Lowering Their 2014 Tax Bills @ Morningstar - Sun, Dec 7, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Readers say selling losers, giving to donor-advised funds among the ways they'll reduce their tax hit.
- 9 Analyst Stock Picks Under $10 With Massive Upside Calls @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Dec 6, 2014 9:15 AM EST
With Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 Index hitting new highs, investors are now looking for new ideas and value stocks that they might have overlooked.
- Microsoft shareholders approve $84 million CEO pay Associated Press - Wed, Dec 3, 2014 7:20 PM EST
- The Truth Behind 12 Common Startup Funding Myths Entrepreneur - Mon, Dec 1, 2014 4:00 PM EST
- Zenefits, a Bay Area online broker, rattles health insurance industry @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, Dec 1, 2014 11:23 AM EST
Software company Zenefits has become the fastest-growing startup in recent memory by upending the health insurance industry. That's because this high-tech startup is also a health insurance broker, working ...
- Cloud Computing Is the Future, but for Now It's a Money Pit @ Barrons.com - Sat, Nov 29, 2014 12:01 AM EST
One of the most shocking revelations of the dot-com era of the late ’90s was that supposedly “frictionless” electronic businesses involve real costs. That hard truth is coming back with a vengeance in ...
- Intuit CEO: $28 million reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving @ USA TODAY - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 7:21 PM EST
Thankful on Thanksgiving?: Intuit CEO has $28 million to be thankful for.
- Herbalife CEO boosts his stake in struggling company @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 10:21 PM EST
The chief executive of Los Angeles nutritional products maker Herbalife Ltd. is adding more than $12 million of company stock to his personal holdings, a move the firm said shows his "complete confidence ...
- Lavish perks spawn new job category The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 11:55 AM EST
At tech companies, aim-to-please specialists provide yoga classes, Jell-O shots.
- Facebook shuttle drivers give unions toehold in Silicon Valley @ USA TODAY - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 6:35 PM EST
Facebook shuttle bus drivers voted to join the Teamsters union on Wednesday night in a rare win for organized labor in free-wheeling Silicon Valley.
- GoPro Prices Secondary Offering at Huge Discount: Opportunity and Risk @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 9:15 AM EST
A new filing indicates that the GoPro secondary offering will be about 10.4 million shares at $75 per share.
- Dejour Energy: 3rd Quarter Results, Woodrush/Hunter Project Update Zacks Small Cap Research - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 8:00 AM EST
Dejour Energy (DEJ.TO) (DEJ) reported results for the third quarter ending September 30, 2014. Gross oil and gas revenues (before royalties) declined 5.9% Year-Over-Year (YOY) to $2.26 million, which was primarily due to the sale of a 65% working interest in the Kokopelli Project (including the four producing natural gas …
- Micron Tech CEO enjoys macro increase in pay, stock gains @ USA TODAY - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 6:40 PM EST
Micron Tech CEO gets macro pay increase, up 66% over 2013.
- Equinox Holdings, Inc. -- Moody's downgrades Equinox's first lien bank rating to B1, affirms B2 CFR; … @ Moody's - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Approximately $840 million of long-term bank debt instruments affected. New York, November 18, 2014-- Moody's Investors Service downgraded the first lien senior secured bank debt rating of Equinox Holdings, ...
- GoPro To Obtain An Estimated $99.3 Million In Secondary Offer Benzinga - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 5:05 PM EST
GoPro Inc (NASDAQ: GPRO ) secondary offering expected later this month will feature 9.07 million shares to be sold by insiders while the company will sell an additional 1.29 million shares. Plans for the ...
- Is This the Sunesis Resurrection? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 1:55 PM EST
On Monday, Sunesis made an announcement that it would be making a presentation regarding its drug candidates vosaroxin and cytarabine.
- Insider Selling Surges as Markets Hit Record High @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Nov 15, 2014 9:15 AM EST
With the markets at or near record highs, the volume of insider selling has reached some of the highest levels this year.
- Jana Partners Increases Its Activist Stakes Handily @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 10:35 AM EST
The latest 13F filing for Jana Partners showed that its stock holdings had risen to about $19.31 billion.
- Gilead Sees Large Insider Stock Sale Into Debt Offering @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 12, 2014 1:35 PM EST
A Gilead Sciences bond offering and a key insider stock sale netting over $14 million should be considered by investors.
- A Great Chief Marketing Officer Can Make All the Difference. Here's How to Snag One. Entrepreneur - Tue, Nov 11, 2014 3:15 PM EST
- Focus For Amarantus Remains On The Pipeline Zacks Small Cap Research - Mon, Nov 10, 2014 3:30 PM EST
On November 10, 2014, 2014, Amarantus BioScience (AMBS) reported financial results for the third quarter 2014. Operating expenses included $1.899 million in R&D and $2.070 million in G&A. Net loss in the quarter totaled $4.399 million, or $0.01 per share based on an average share count outstanding of 767.7 million during …
- Tonix Pipeline Should Keep Rolling Forward In 2015 Zacks Small Cap Research - Mon, Nov 10, 2014 1:30 PM EST
On November 10, 2014, Tonix Pharmaceuticals (TNXP) reported financial results for the third quarter for the period ending September 30, 2014. R&D expense has been tracking higher over the past few quarters as the company pushes forward with its two key pipeline products, TNX-102 SL and TNX-201. We expect R&D to decline …
- Inside Apple's Gigantic Rewards Program for Shareholders @ BusinessWeek - Mon, Nov 10, 2014 5:48 AM EST
Four charts show how the world's most valuable company will give $130 billion to its shareholders
- [$$] 3 Ways to Trade Gold Now @ Barrons.com - Thu, Nov 6, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Gold is dancing around a four-year low as the U.S. Should the stock decline below the strike price, investors are obligated to cover the put or buy the SPDR Gold Shares.
- Progress Continues At DARA Bio Zacks Small Cap Research - Thu, Nov 6, 2014 10:30 AM EST
On November 5, 2014, DARA BioSciences, Inc. (DARA) reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014. This was the second quarter in a row that DARA Bio exceeded Wall Street consensus revenue expectations.
- Alibaba joins Facebook, others downplaying cost of employee-stock grants Yahoo Finance - Wed, Nov 5, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Big Internet companies emphasize "adjusted" profit numbers that exclude heavy expenses tied to employee stock grants. Why does Wall Street play along?
- Chrysler 3Q earnings up 32 pct. on rising sales Associated Press - Wed, Nov 5, 2014 1:15 PM EST
- How to Find the Purpose of Your Business Plan Entrepreneur - Tue, Nov 4, 2014 1:30 PM EST
- Alibaba growth surges in first earnings report since IPO @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Nov 4, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Alibaba posted strong second-quarter earnings that showed the Chinese e-commerce giant is continuing a blistering pace of growth.
- Alibaba's bottom line crimped by stock-compensation costs @ USA TODAY - Tue, Nov 4, 2014 9:46 AM EST
As with other tech companies, workers don't come cheap for Alibaba.
- Americans spending gas savings on...gas Yahoo Finance - Tue, Nov 4, 2014 7:54 AM EST
The auto industry is booming and that may offer some clues as to why consumers are shrugging off the slide in gas prices.
- Deutsche Bank Cuts Westport Innovations Benzinga - Mon, Nov 3, 2014 8:23 AM EST
Westport Innovations Inc.'s (NASDAQ: WPRT ) short-term stock value could be a causality of lower oil prices, an analyst said Friday. Deutsche Bank's Vishal Shah cut his rating to Hold from Buy on the Vancouver ...
- [$$] Why Alibaba Will Knock Down JD.com @ Barrons.com - Sat, Nov 1, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
As China’s populace leaps toward the middle class, hundreds of millions of newly minted consumers have quickly found their way from the corner store to the Internet mall. Online-shopping sites like those operated by Alibaba Group Holding can introduce goods and services around the developing nation faster than traditional …
- [$$] Facebook Lifts Spending. On What? It Won't Say. @ Barrons.com - Fri, Oct 31, 2014 11:39 PM EDT
This past Tuesday, Facebook (FB) reported revenue for the three months ended in September that was above analysts’ expectations, but forecast revenue this quarter to rise less than Wall Street had been modeling. Although Facebook is indicating a healthy sales increase of as much as 47% this quarter, that’s nothing compared …
- Don't Shrug Off Small-Cap Stocks, Says Kiplinger Analyst Benzinga - Mon, Oct 27, 2014 5:23 PM EDT
Amid last week’s market volatility, a few voices rang out strongly reminding investors that the stock market rotates through semi- predictable cycles . Within these cycles, spikes and dips appear drastic ...
- 'Silicon Beach' brings tech boom to Los Angeles Associated Press - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 5:19 PM EDT
- 'Silicon Beach': Tech boom hits Los Angeles @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 2:48 PM EDT
So long Silicon Valley. These days entrepreneurs and engineers are flocking to a place better known for wave surfing than Web surfing. Amid the palm trees and purple sunsets of the Southern California ...
- L.A. tech firms boost perks to attract top skills @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 10:01 PM EDT
How does an old-fashioned print-era company — formerly known as the Yellow Pages — attract top Westside talent to its offices in Glendale as it tries to remake itself as an online local search company? ...
- How Overpaid CEOs Hurt Investors @ Kiplinger - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
If more companies spread their wealth beyond the boardroom, they'd improve their bottom lines.
- Microsoft's Nadella gets $84M pay package Associated Press - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 8:57 PM EDT
REDMOND, Wash. (AP) — Microsoft has given its new CEO Satya Nadella a pay package worth $84.3 million, most of it in the form of long-term stock awards.
- [$$] New Tools for Options @ Barrons.com - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Alibaba Group Holding ’s huge initial public offering has spurred fresh interest in the U.S. Although Alibaba has been trading for just a month, its options were recently the 12th most actively traded of some 3,600 listings, with many traders rushing to place bullish bets. According to the Options Industry Council, 71.9% …
- Container Store pays workers on average $50,000 @ USA TODAY - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 3:26 PM EDT
Container Store employees are paid more than double the national average salary for retail workers.