- Ex Wal-Mart CEO had deferred pay valued at $140 million @ USA TODAY - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Wal-mart CEO retired with $140 million in deferred pay, $20 million in stock gains
- Is Your Company a Good Fit for an Employee Stock Ownership Plan? Entrepreneur - 6 hours ago
- Plug Power Holders Win, and Lose, from Capital Raise 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
Plug Power is doing something that is good for the company, but at the expense of existing shareholders. The controversialcompany filed to raise capital via the sale of common stock.
- Activist urges 'fix' for Silicon Valley @ Financial Times - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 6:36 PM EDT
One of the West Coast's leading activist investors has added to the growing criticism of corporate governance in Silicon Valley, and of Google in particular, amid fresh warnings of a bubble in tech valuations. ...
- [$$] Cash In on Earnings With This Trading Menu @ Barrons.com - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 2:23 PM EDT
The chance to make big profits on short-term moves is one of Mr. Market's most powerful pheromones. It's a key reason why earnings season often turns the most conservative investors into aggressive traders. Jim Strugger, MKM Partners' derivatives strategist, created such a list for us, and the trading menu is presented …
- Taxpayers Hit Twice by Fast-Food Pay Practices: Report The Fiscal Times - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
When McDonald’s (NYSE: MCD) becomes the first of the major publicly traded restaurant chains to deliver up its first-quarter earnings Tuesday morning, investors hope that it will give the sector a boost. ...
- Caterpillar's CEO compensation cut 32% to $12M @ USA TODAY - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Douglas Oberhelman got a small raise in salary, but cash incentives and stock options fell.
- Time Warner's Bewkes got 27% pay bump to $32.5 million @ USA TODAY - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 6:32 PM EDT
Time Warner's Bewkes: $32.5 million in pay, nearly $30 million in stock, options gains for 2013
- Monster Beverage execs slurp up big gains @ USA TODAY - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 2:52 PM EDT
Energy drink execs energized by big gains at Monster Beverage
- Halliburton: The Weather Did It @ Barrons.com - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 1:08 PM EDT
Shares of Halliburton (HAL) have jumped more than two percent today, as bad weather during the first quarter allowed investors to look through the oil-services company's disappointing North American profit margins. The Wall Street Journal has the details on Halliburton's financial results: Overall, for the first quarter, …
- Stock Downgrades: Taco Bell Owner Yum Brands Heads South @ Minyanville - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
Wall Street ratings agencies set the tone for today's stock market.
- Raytheon Plays Offense as Defense Tightens @ Barrons.com - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Only a little more than three months old, 2014 is shaping up as a big year for defense-electronics contractor Raytheon. A string of high-margin foreign-contract wins, a stabilized U.S. defense budget, strong cash flow, vastly improved pension finances, a 10% dividend hike, and stock buybacks add up to a stock that's poised …
- The worst money mistakes you can make in a marriage DailyWorth - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:14 PM EDT
- Short stint, big payout: View CEO severance packages @ USA TODAY - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 5:58 PM EDT
USA TODAY Network highlights CEOs who have received golden parachutes after short stints on the job.
- Get Used to It: The Rich Do Get Richer The Fiscal Times - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 5:45 AM EDT
The French economist and author Thomas Piketty spoke in Washington on Tuesday about his unlikely bestseller, Capital in the 21st Century, a 696-page tome on global economic history. Even though he boiled down his research on economic inequality from data going back hundreds of years, his conclusions were very topical in …
- NHC.TO: Zacks reviews of Northstar Healthcare’s strategy and 2013 results Zacks Small Cap Research - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Northstar Healthcare (NHC.TO) holds interests in and operates four ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) in Houston, Dallas and Scottsdale. The company has experienced a dramatic increase in revenues over the last several quarters as a result of the implementation of management’s growth strategy composed of enhanced Direct-to-Consumer …
- Comcast execs score $30 million plus paydays @ USA TODAY - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 6:19 PM EDT
Nothing fuzzy about executive compensation at Comcast
- CBS' Leslie Moonves paid $67 million in 2013; Redstone gets $57 million @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 5:47 PM EDT
CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves remains the king of media compensation.
- CBS CEO Leslie Moonves the latest entertainment exec to score big @ USA TODAY - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 5:41 PM EDT
CBS' CEO Moonves received $67 million in 2013 comp, plus stock gains of $64M
- How's this for CEO pay: Zilch @ USA TODAY - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 9:09 AM EDT
Think the $1 a year CEO is a bargain? Fossil Group's CEO gets nothing
- Stock, options push value of Gap CEO's 2013 comp above $80 million @ USA TODAY - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:13 PM EDT
Gap CEO's comp valued at $81.4 million
- What's a Benchmark? Or Buyback? Or Moat? @ Morningstar - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Readers said they were unclear on what certain financial jargon means, so we're providing a few more definitions.
- Mallinckrodt buying Questcor for about $5.6B @ USA TODAY - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 3:03 PM EDT
The combined company will be headed by Mallinckrodt President and CEO Mark Trudeau.
- Mallinckrodt buying Questcor for about $5.2 billion @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 9:49 AM EDT
ANAHEIM — Mallinckrodt is buying Anaheim-based Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc. for a combination of stock and cash valued at about $5.2 billion.
- Nasdaq takes a dive as momentum stocks cool @ USA TODAY - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
A tough day for momentum stocks puts a big hurt on the Nasdaq.
- Millions by millions, CEO pay goes up @ USA TODAY - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 3:14 PM EDT
CEOs' median pay leaped 13% in 2013.
- Charlie Rose Talks to Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Apr 3, 2014 7:00 PM EDT
The Starbucks CEO discusses mobile payments, winning over China, and his foray into tea with Oprah
- The Data-Driven Company That Accomplished Very Little Entrepreneur - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
- Why Mark Zuckerberg's $1 Salary Means Nothing Entrepreneur - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 10:54 AM EDT
The CEO and co-founder of Facebook may have a $1 salary on paper, but he took home $3.3 billion by exercising stock options for 2013.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg earns $1 salary in 2013 Daily Ticker - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 10:25 AM EDT
It's official. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has joined the $1-a-year club for CEOs like Steve Jobs and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg reaps $3.3B gain from stock options @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 9:19 AM EDT
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg reaped a $3.3 billion gain last year by exercising stock options in the social networking company that he founded in a Harvard University dorm room.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg reaps $3.3-billion gain from stock options @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 31, 2014 8:02 PM EDT
Facebook Inc. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg reaped a $3.3-billion gain last year by exercising stock options in the social networking company that he founded in a Harvard University dorm room.
- Facebook CEO reaps $3.3B gain from stock options @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 31, 2014 7:14 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerberg exercised stock options again in 2013 after making $2.3 billion in 2012.
- Morgan Stanley's Gorman gets 73% pay boost @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 7:03 PM EDT
Morgan Stanley CEO Gorman got $13.9 million in 2013, up 73% from 2012
- Discovery's Zaslav: $119 million man @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 5:41 PM EDT
Zaslav's 2013 compensation at Discovery Communications: $119m
- Google's Page, Brin stay at $1 a year @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 4:56 PM EDT
Google billionaires decide $1 a year salaries are just fine.
- How A Nadex Binary Is Impacted By Implied Volatility Benzinga - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 4:41 PM EDT
Implied Volatility can impact the price of an option more than any other factor. Implied Volatility is a fancy word for an expected move. The longer there is until expiration, the more time there is for ...
- Ford CEO gets 11% raise to $23.2M in 2013 @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 3:07 PM EDT
The automotive company's CEO experienced quite the pay raise as a result of a profitable year.
- Energous IPO: Smartphone charging from a distance gets a boost @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 3:07 PM EDT
Less than two years after forming a company, Pleasanton-based Energous managed to bring in $24 million in an initial public offering meant to help the small team complete its vision of smartphones and ...
- Senate Democrats Push a Hodge-Podge of Tax Measures The Fiscal Times - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 6:15 AM EDT
Although major tax reform still seems elusive this year, Senate Democrats are cooking up a hodge-podge of tax provisions that have strong support and could win approval before the November election. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden (R-OR) said on Thursday he plans to revive a raft of tax breaks that expired …
- BofA's Moynihan gets 89% boost in annual comp @ USA TODAY - Thu, Mar 27, 2014 6:16 PM EDT
It paid to be a banker in 2013. Several CEOs at major banks saw big bumps in compensation.
- The Most Bearish Week of Q1 is Almost Over -" What about April? iSPYETF - Thu, Mar 27, 2014 1:01 PM EDT
This is a good news, bad news kind of scenario. The bad news: The last week of March is one of the worst weeks (seasonally speaking) of the first quarter. The good news: The worst week is almost over. ...
- Retire? Not in a Million Years. Entrepreneur - Thu, Mar 27, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
- Dunkin' Brands CEO got plenty of dough in 2013 @ USA TODAY - Wed, Mar 26, 2014 5:13 PM EDT
Dunkin' this: CEO got $25 million in 2013 compensation
- [$$] Why Traders Are Spooked @ Barrons.com - Tue, Mar 25, 2014 6:14 PM EDT
On Monday, just as the market opened, the price of many stocks surged so much that the settlement of derivatives tied to the Standard & Poor's 500 index occurred at a price some 10 points higher than Friday's closing price. They are confused by the bank's statements after the recent rate-setting committee meeting.
- Will Box shares soar like Facebook's or lag like Groupon's? @ USA TODAY - Tue, Mar 25, 2014 2:34 PM EDT
IPO filing for Internet-storage firm shows fast growth but a long trail of operating losses.
- eBay Inc. Issues Letter to Shareholders Benzinga - Tue, Mar 25, 2014 8:32 AM EDT
eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY ) today announced that it has issued the following letter to its shareholders. The company also said it has filed a definitive proxy statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission ...
- Coca-Cola disputes investor claims over exec pay CNBC - Mon, Mar 24, 2014 10:08 AM EDT
- J.C. Penney CEO Gets Huge Raise @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 24, 2014 8:15 AM EDT
J.C. Penney Co. Inc.'s CEO Myron E. (Mike) Ullman just got a huge boost in pay after spending a year trying to right the sinking retailer's ship. Whether he deserves the pay hike is arguable after a really ...
- PepsiCo CEO's pay bumped 5% to $13.2 million @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 21, 2014 8:04 PM EDT
Indra Nooyi's compensation increase due to higher performance-based bonus, proxy filing shows.