- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- Oracle's Ellison: fierce competitor who doesn't like to quit @ San Jose Mercury News - 4 hours ago
Silicon Valley's longest-serving CEO isn't quitting his company, he insists, but his transition at Oracle marks a changing of the guard.
- [$$] CEO Spotlight: McKesson's John Hammergren @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Drug distribution is a classic middle-man business, but there is nothing middling about industry leader McKesson. With nearly $140 billion in annual revenue, McKesson distributes one of every three prescription drugs in North America. McKesson's (MCK) explosive growth and outsize influence reflect the leadership of John …
- The 4 Stocks That Held Up the DJIA @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
September 19, 2014: Markets opened higher on Friday as the financial world waited for the initial public offering from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA). Shares traded higher by 38% at opening and ...
- End of era: Ellison steps aside as Oracle CEO Associated Press - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 7:48 PM EDT
- Larry Ellison, one of Silicon Valley's seminal CEOs, gives up his job after nearly four decades @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 4:14 PM EDT
Larry Ellison's stunning announcement Thursday that he is stepping aside as CEO of Oracle, the corporate colossus he has overseen for 37 years, signals a historic shift in the Bay Area's technology landscape, ...
- Apple, IBM buying back billions in stock: WSJ Yahoo Finance - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 3:52 PM EDT
U.S. corporations are buying back shares of their own company at the fastest pace since the financial crisis. Companies have repurchased a total of $338.3 billion of their own stock so far this year. This is according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
- Tinder resolves sexual harassment lawsuit; marketing chief resigns @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 8:58 PM EDT
The dating app start-up Tinder has resolved a sexual harassment lawsuit lodged by one of its early employees without admitting wrongdoing, and one of the executives targeted by the lawsuit has left the ...
- Small Businesses Can Offer Big Benefits to Attract the Best Talent Entrepreneur - Wed, Sep 3, 2014 2:15 PM EDT
- The Fresh Driving Forces Behind Twitter Stock Gains @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 12:05 PM EDT
Twitter posted a solid premarket gain on Tuesday morning, opening above $50 for first time since March.
- Tesla soars, Conn’s wrath, Wynn loses Yahoo Finance - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 12:04 PM EDT
Tesla, Conns and Wynn make today's list of Trending Tickers
- P&G's Lafley received $19.5 million after returning as CEO @ USA TODAY - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:29 PM EDT
P&G's Lafley: $19.5M in second stint as CEO.
- [$$] 6 Lessons to Learn From Williams-Sonoma Rout @ Barrons.com - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 12:42 PM EDT
The home furnishings retailer Williams-Sonoma delivered in-line quarterly results but got shellacked by investors anyway. Williams-Sonoma's (WSM) stock plummeted 11% early Thursday after meeting Wall Street's fiscal second-quarter earnings projection but issued disappointing guidance for the rest of the year. Some of …
- In India, the big salaries are back CNBC - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 6:44 PM EDT
- Silicon Valley’s Average Wage Goes through the Roof The Fiscal Times - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 2:52 PM EDT
High-tech employees in Silicon Valley remain the highest paid in this industry – while those in San Francisco are seeing the strongest wage growth in the nation, as firms compete for the best talents there. In 2013, the average annual wage for high-tech workers in Silicon Valley was $195,815, according to a recent report …
- 7 Ways to Keep Your Team Hungry Entrepreneur - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
- Pure Storage Hires Former Google Exec As CFO @ Barrons.com - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 3:45 PM EDT
The fast-growing data storage startup Pure Storage now has a new chief financial officer. The Mountain View-Calif.-based company announced today that it has named Tim Riitters, a former finance executive at Google (GOOGL), to the post, effective Aug. 26. Also, hiring a CFO is usually a big step on the path to an initial …
- 5 Secrets for a Jerk-Free Workplace Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 2:15 PM EDT
- The Best Approach to Bringing on Contracted Workers Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
- Full 360-Degree Preview for Hewlett-Packard Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 11:50 AM EDT
Hewlett-Packard will report its third-quarter earnings after the close of trading on Wednesday. We have featured an earnings preview for the PC and IT-services giant, as well as other issues to consider....
- Tribute Pharma (TBUFF) – Strong Q2 results, Revenues up by 21.4% QoQ. Expect revenue to improve in 2 … Zacks Small Cap Research - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:30 PM EDT
This offers a better access to Canadian capital markets and investors. On May 13, 2014, Tribute entered into an exclusive license agreement with Faes Farma, S.A. (“Faes”), a Spanish pharmaceutical company, for the exclusive rights to sell Bilastine (inclusive of prescription and non-prescription for adults and pediatric …
- Why We Replaced (In)Human Resources with 'Employee Experience' Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 13, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
- High-tech's service workers are a growing underclass @ USA TODAY - Wed, Aug 13, 2014 4:43 PM EDT
Bus drivers, janitors, security share none of the perks at tech's biggest companies.
- Soligenix (SNGX): Conservative Cash Burn Coupled With Non-dilutive Financing Zacks Small Cap Research - Wed, Aug 13, 2014 12:45 PM EDT
On Aug. 11, 2014, Soligenix (SNGX) announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. The $0.8 million in revenue increase was primarily related to contracts with the US Department of Health and Human Service's Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) and the National Institute …
- Using Software to Keep Pro Athletes and Startup Millionaires From Going Broke @ BusinessWeek - Wed, Aug 13, 2014 5:49 AM EDT
Wealthfront markets robo-advising services to suddenly rich Silicon Valley types. Now it's targeting a different set of wealthy millennials: San Francisco 49ers players
- Apple's tech jobs held mostly by white, Asian men Associated Press - Tue, Aug 12, 2014 7:30 PM EDT
- [$$] Pricey Fixer Upper @ Barrons.com - Sat, Aug 9, 2014 3:27 AM EDT
Some major Internet stocks have stumbled this year, but shares of residential real estate Website Zillow have soared about 70%. Zillow's all-stock deal reflected this optimism, valuing Trulia at $3.5 billion, a 25% premium to its previous closing price. Shares of Trulia (TRLA), at $58, trade at 10 times this year's expected …
- How an early Facebook employee messed up, got fired, and cost himself $185 million Business Insider - Thu, Aug 7, 2014 5:23 PM EDT
- Zuckerberg Taunted Employees With Samurai Sword, Ex-Facebooker Says Entrepreneur - Thu, Aug 7, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
- 5 Publicly Traded Companies Paying Above Minimum Wage In 2014 Benzinga - Tue, Aug 5, 2014 12:31 PM EDT
While some large publicly traded companies such as Wal-Mart and Panera recently dropped its objections to raising the Federal minimum wage (currently $7.25 per hour), others have gone a step further. ...
- 5 Essential Steps to Prepare for an IPO Entrepreneur - Mon, Aug 4, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
- Twitter Takes Heat For Paying Executives Stock Worth Half Of Its Revenue Benzinga - Mon, Aug 4, 2014 11:23 AM EDT
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ) shares moved lower at Monday's opening after a negative item in Barron's pointed out its ongoing lack of net profits and high cost of executives' stock-based compensation. Twitter ...
- 5 things you can negotiate in an early retirement package Consumer Reports - Fri, Aug 1, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
During the recent economic downturn, cost-cutting, restructuring, and downsizing were the norm. Microsoft’s recent announcement that it will lay off 18,000 workers over the next year shows that i...
- Lions Gate CEO's comp up 400% to $63 million @ USA TODAY - Wed, Jul 30, 2014 1:11 AM EDT
Roaring compensaton: Lions Gate CEO gets 400% boost.
- Lions Gate CEO Jon Feltheimer compensation jumps to $63.6 million @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Jul 29, 2014 8:22 PM EDT
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Chief Executive Jon Feltheimer’s compensation soared to $63.6 million last year -- making him one of the highest paid executives in America.
- Larry Ellison and other Oracle bosses see smaller stock-option grants @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Jul 29, 2014 6:05 PM EDT
Under fire from investors over how much it pays its top brass, technology giant Oracle appears to have slashed by more than half the annual stock options it awards CEO Larry Ellison and some of its other ...
- A Reality Check for Anyone Eager to Work for a Startup Entrepreneur - Tue, Jul 29, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
- Are CEOs worth the millions they're paid? @ USA TODAY - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 5:03 PM EDT
Taking a look at two high-profile companies, Coca-Cola and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- [$$] 13D Filings @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 2:52 AM EDT
13Ds are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission within 10 days of an entity's attaining a greater than 5% position in any class of a company's securities. Source: InsiderScore.com Hedge fund Elliott Management increased its holdings to 14,966,446 shares (9.3% of the total voting shares) as a result of its purchase …
- State sees surge in high-paying white-collar jobs @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Wages for professional services workers rise as an improving economy spurs hiring.
- Twitter admits to diversity problem in workforce @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 6:10 PM EDT
Twitter is acknowledging that it has been hiring too many white and Asian men to fill high-paying technology jobs, just like several other major companies in Silicon Valley.
- [$$] Alcoa CEO Wraps Up $12.9 Million Stock Sale @ Barrons.com - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 5:29 PM EDT
The top executive of aluminum giant Alcoa dug up some sales as shares trade near a multiyear high. On July 15, Chief Executive and Chairman Klaus Kleinfeld exercised options and sold 800,000 Alcoa (ticker: ...
- When does the 'stealth correction' become the real thing? Yahoo Finance - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 10:59 AM EDT
The second “stealth correction” of the year had been underway below the surface for a few weeks, with a broadening list of B-list stocks tiring and investor risk appetites ebbing, and is now threatening to break into the open.
- Apple director Campbell to retire; BlackRock's Wagner to join @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
Apple said Bill Campbell, the company's longest-serving current director, will retire from the board and will be replaced by BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner.
- New Stock Coverage: T-Mobile Is Pretty in Pink @ Minyanville - Tue, Jul 8, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
Wall Street ratings agencies set the tone for today's stock market.
- New Ford CEO gets $5.25M pay package @ USA TODAY - Wed, Jul 2, 2014 4:03 PM EDT
Mark Fields also will get to use private jet to travel.
- Ford board sweetens pay deal for new CEO Fields @ USA TODAY - Wed, Jul 2, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
Mark Fields, who succeeded Alan Mulally this week, gets raise, bonus and use of private jet
- New Stock Coverage: SolarCity Doesn't Need Fireworks to Light It Up @ Minyanville - Wed, Jul 2, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
Wall Street ratings agencies set the tone for today's stock market.
- Labor issues in the airline industry that investors should know Market Realist - Wed, Jul 2, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
The airline industry has had a history of problems due to labor unions. Employee stock option plans (ESOPs) were used in the airline industry to overcome the adverse effects of unions.
- Twitter replaces CFO Mike Gupta with former Goldman executive Noto Reuters - Tue, Jul 1, 2014 4:37 PM EDT
Twitter Inc named Anthony Noto as CFO, putting the well-regarded former Goldman Sachs GS.N executive who led its successful November IPO in charge of finances. Twitter shares rose as much as 4.8 percent after the messaging service announced its latest upper-management shake-up. The previous CFO, Mike Gupta, was named …