- Black & Decker's Archibald got $84M last year @ USA TODAY - 3 hours ago
Nolan Archibald's "synergy bonus" worth more than $50 million
- Is American Superconductor the Next Big Alternative Energy Winner? 24/7 Wall St. - 10 hours ago
If you are an active trader or an investor in renewable energy stocks, the move seen in fuel cell stocks and other alternative energy and renewable energy stocks has been nothing short of amazing. Now ...
- eBay CEO Donahoe's total pay for 2013 sinks 53 percent @ San Jose Mercury News - 13 hours ago
eBay CEO John Donahoe's total compensation for 2013 plunged 53 percent compared with 2012, when the San Jose e-commerce company gave its leader more than $23 million in stock awards.
- Cablevision’s Dole to the Dolans Faces a Legal Challenge @ BusinessWeek - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
A shareholder of the underperforming cable company has filed a lawsuit alleging James and Charles Dolan make too much money
- Buyback ETF Manager Has Three Top Buyback Stocks Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Some investors love dividends, while others prefer share buybacks to drive the shares higher through time. 24/7 Wall St. recently had a chance to speak with Minyi Chen, who is the portfolio manager of ...
- Ford Mulally awarded $13.8M for 2013 performance @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Can convert to cash in 2016, also eligible to sell in stock now.
- Where Boutique Bankers Still Struggle on the New Wall Street The Fiscal Times - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 3:30 PM EST
The planned IPO of 7-year-old investment bank Moelis & Co. is a signal of just how far boutique bankers have yet to come — that, in spite of all their hopes in the immediate aftermath of the financial crisis, they’re still stuck in their niches while the largest institutions are more dominant than ever. In its filing with …
- eShares Tackles The Headache Of Startup Valuations By Offering “409A-As-A-Service” @ TechCrunch - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 8:00 PM EST
Apparently it refers to a section of the corporate tax code around the valuations used for employee stock options. Ward suggested that these valuations can be a pain, not just because of the cost ($3,000 to $5,000) but also because they need to be redone periodically, unless the startup is willing to risk the wrath of …
- Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer to retire after 18 years @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 9:43 AM EST
Apple's chief financial officer Peter Oppenheimer will retire at the end of September after 18 years at the company.
- Understanding Earnings @ Morningstar - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Decode the confusing terminology used to report company performance.
- Workday, Salesforce, Splunk: How Long Can the 'Rich Uncle' Business Model Last? @ Minyanville - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 9:45 AM EST
One day the markets will stop climbing and shareholders will be tapped out. Until then, it seems that certain companies -- and especially cloud enterprises -- can do no wrong.
- Todd Harrison: Thoughts on Technical Levels, Highfliers, and Cannabis @ Minyanville - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 11:20 AM EST
The stock market navigates another critical crossroads.
- In Fake Classes Scandal, UNC Fails Its Athletes—and Whistle-Blower @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 5:56 AM EST
The fake classes scandal at Chapel Hill and the $16 billion business of college athletics
- Coupons.com IPO Seeks $1 Billion Valuation 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 3:57 PM EST
The initial public offering for Coupons.com is getting closer and closer to fruition. The online coupons site has set the terms at 11.5 million shares to be sold between $12.00 and $14.00. The company ...
- 4 Reasons WhatsApp May Be 'Worth More' Than $19 Billion to Facebook @ Minyanville - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 9:15 AM EST
Zuckerberg's comment about the value of the social media messaging app was unexpected, but not necessarily off the mark.
- How to Control Your AMT Exposure @ Morningstar - Mon, Feb 24, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Be aware of the common triggers for the AMT--and take steps to minimize them.
- What Your 2013 Tax Return Is Telling You @ Morningstar - Mon, Feb 24, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Go line by line to see whether you're maximizing credits and deductions and practicing tax-efficient portfolio oversight.
- Todd Harrison: The Angels and Demons of Stock Market Trading @ Minyanville - Fri, Feb 21, 2014 10:15 AM EST
Knowing yourself is the first step toward successfully trading the tape.
- [$$] American Air Execs Sell $64 Million in Stock @ Barrons.com - Fri, Feb 14, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Four American Airlines Group insiders including the top executive unloaded 1,836,980 shares for $63,858,326, or $34.76 each, from Feb. 7 through 13 via outright sales and after options exercises. Chief ...
- Tax credits for all MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 14, 2014 4:26 PM EST
- People Must Be Valued or Innovation Will Leave With Them Entrepreneur - Fri, Feb 14, 2014 3:30 PM EST
- Why Control4 Shares Could Still Double 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 12, 2014 12:10 PM EST
Control4 Corp. (NASDAQ: CTRL) surged after the company’s fourth-quarter earnings report. This is a home automation player with wider ambitions than just your new home. While the stock gained visibility ...
- Who's at the Helm? 10 Steps for Evaluating Management @ Morningstar - Wed, Feb 12, 2014 7:00 AM EST
By considering management's record and looking at the context of its decisions, you'll gain insight into whether a company is a good investment choice.
- The Secret to Keeping Employees Happy (Infographic) Entrepreneur - Fri, Feb 7, 2014 3:14 PM EST
- Venture capital looks to be in a full-blown recovery — but is it too much, too soon? @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Feb 7, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Rip-roaring demand for tech IPOs has created lots of happy people in Silicon Valley. But it also has some tech CEOs feeling pressured to bring their companies to market -- and some venture capitalists ...
- Stocks End Higher After Earnings, Data, ECB Comments @ Morningstar - Thu, Feb 6, 2014 4:30 PM EST
Stocks were broadly higher this morning after central bank comments, data and earnings. Initial unemployment claims fell a slightly larger-than-expected 20,000 to 331,000 last week. The report comes ahead of tomorrow's closey-watched payroll and unemployment rate report. Both the European Central Bank and Bank of England …
- Twitter's 4Q Shows Caution Signs for Investors @ Morningstar - Thu, Feb 6, 2014 9:30 AM EST
At today's stock price, investors should be more concerned about Twitter's limited reach and slowdown in new user growth, says Morningstar's Rick Summer.
- As Stock Plummets, Twitter Finds Itself Desperate for New Users @ WIRED - Thu, Feb 6, 2014 6:30 AM EST
Twitter shares plummeted after the company announced it had failed to reach 250 million monthly users. Now Twitter executives are desperate to recruit new users.
- Biz Break: Twitter and Pandora plummet after earnings, Yelp gains @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Feb 5, 2014 6:41 PM EST
Today: Twitter's first earnings report as a public company leads to a serious dive in its stock price, while Pandora and Yelp join in the earnings report barrage. Also: Google gains after antitrust compromise, ...
- Don't Worry: GM Hasn't Shortchanged Mary Barra @ BusinessWeek - Wed, Feb 5, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Rough calculations don't include stock awards tied to the company's performance
- High expectations for Twitter's first earnings report since eye-popping IPO @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Feb 5, 2014 11:36 AM EST
Twitter will announce quarterly earnings amid high expectations from investors, who see it as an emerging rival to Facebook and Google in the booming mobile ad business.
- Full Twitter Earnings Preview: Estimates, Options, Shorts, Offering and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 5, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Twitter reports earnings on Wednesday after the close, and 24/7 Wall St. has prepared a preview looking at the trading history, analyst opinion, options expectations, valuations and more.
- Microsoft: Nadella Sees Strength in Software Heritage @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 4, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Shares of Microsoft (MSFT) ended the session down 13 cents, or 0.4%, at $36.35, after the company confirmed months of speculation this morning in naming its cloud computing chief, Satya Nadella, as its new CEO, replacing Steve Ballmer, and said chairman Bill Gates will give up his spot at the head of the board of directors …
- HP's Meg Whitman gets big salary boost @ USA TODAY - Mon, Feb 3, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Meg Whitman salary to rocket from just $1 to $1.5 million a year.
- Don't Make These Tax Mistakes The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Feb 3, 2014 9:44 AM EST
- Yahoo in the Firing Line: It's About More Than Money The Fiscal Times - Fri, Jan 31, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Getting fired is never fun, but a giant severance package can help ease the pain. For Henrique de Castro, the Yahoo chief operating officer ousted this month after a little more than a year on the job, the embarrassment of being so publicly canned might not be easy to move past. The Yahoo situation is hardly unique in …
- Despite the Big Drop, Call Options Dominate Yahoo! 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 29, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Yahoo! may be down about 7% after its earnings signaled what is still a lack of serious growth in its turnaround strategy. What is interesting is that the options trading community is keeping a more bullish ...
- eShares Now Offers Electronic Stock Options And Real-Time Cap Table Updates For Private Companies @ TechCrunch - Tue, Jan 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST
When we last checked in with eShares, the company had just launched its platform for issuing and managing electronic stock, rather than paper certificates, to employees, investors, and other shareholders. ...
- The Real Payday for JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon @ BusinessWeek - Mon, Jan 27, 2014 12:12 PM EST
JPMorgan Chase's board of directors is expected to decide this year whether CEO Jamie Dimon can collect stock options worth $34 million
- [$$] Hey, Big Spender! @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 25, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Many appear to be buying too high, and would better serve investors by dishing out bigger dividends instead. A recent screen of repurchase activity suggests companies such as Viacom (VIA) and Lowe's (LOW) are buying stock at overly ambitious levels. Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG), L-3 Communications (LLL), and WellPoint …
- Another year, another big pay day for Viacom CEO Dauman @ USA TODAY - Fri, Jan 24, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Viacom CEO scores big pay day
- JPMorgan board gives CEO Dimon a 74% pay hike @ USA TODAY - Fri, Jan 24, 2014 5:57 PM EST
Despite legal woes, JPMorgan rewards CEO Jamie Dimon with fat pay hike.
- NSA Spying Sends Data to Canada @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Jan 23, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Data storage companies in Canada say the country protects privacy
- Investors look on the bright side: Are they wearing blinders? Daily Ticker - Wed, Jan 22, 2014 8:21 AM EST
It's been more than a year since stocks had a correction of 10% or greater. The Daily Ticker's Aaron Task talks with Yahoo Finance senior columnist Mike Santoli about what investors should be watching for early signs of a market retreat.
- Texas Instruments Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jan 21, 2014 9:31 PM EST
Good afternoon, and thank you for joining our fourth quarter and yearend earnings conference call. As usual, Kevin March, TI's CFO, is with me today. This call is being broadcast live over the web and can be accessed through TI's website. This call will include forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties …
- New Stock Coverage: Paris Is Happy With Hilton @ Minyanville - Tue, Jan 21, 2014 9:22 AM EST
Wall Street ratings agencies set the tone for today's stock market.
- 'Charge rage': Too many electric cars, not enough workplace chargers @ San Jose Mercury News - Sun, Jan 19, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Silicon Valley tech campuses are facing a new but increasingly common problem: As demand for electric car chargers exceeds supply, a host of thorny etiquette issues have arisen, along with some rare but ...
- Too many electric cars, not enough workplace chargers creating tension on Silicon Valley tech campus … @ San Jose Mercury News - Sun, Jan 19, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Eager to reduce energy use, German software company SAP installed 16 electric vehicle charging ports in 2010 at its Palo Alto campus for the handful of employees who owned electric vehicles.
- Start-up story: A 13-year pursuit of success @ USA TODAY - Sun, Jan 19, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, still without a product on the market, sees stock price surge in 2013.
- [$$] Options in a Stockpicker's Market @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 18, 2014 12:01 AM EST
It seems like a good time to deploy options strategies that can actively manage risk while maximizing returns. Internet stocks exemplify the market's momentum, and so I'd like to use Akamai Technologies, Yelp, and Twitter to show how you can use these strategies. In a recent online Striking Price Daily column ("How to …