- Twitter CEO urges patience as investors fret stock price @ USA TODAY - 3 hours ago
Company CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey says company needs to do better job of telling its story.
- CEO pay in 2015: When a $468,449 raise is typical Associated Press - 6 hours ago
- [$$] Sarepta Jumps on FDA Delay but Remains a Buy @ Barrons.com - 7 hours ago
Sarepta Therapeutics shares are up 18%, or $3.29, to $21.73, as investors react favorably to the Food and Drug Administration’s surprise move this morning to delay a decision on whether to grant accelerated approval to Sarepta’s drug for Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Wall Street is interpreting the move as an indication …
- The average raise for US CEOs last year was 10 times the pay of the average American worker @ Quartz - 10 hours ago
CEOs running the biggest US companies saw their pay increase an average 4.5% last year, putting the median CEO pay package at $10.8 million, according to a report from the Associated Press. At $468,449, the median pay raise alone is more than 10 times the pay of the average American worker. Topping AP’s list of…
- Starbucks CEO: One currency matters most with the consumer Yahoo Finance - 15 hours ago
Starbucks has been able to post strong growth while so many traditional retailers continue to report declining traffic.
- Deere Plows Ahead @ Morningstar - 16 hours ago
Ag market weakness persists, but a solid brand and strategy should keep returns high.
- Stock Buybacks Appear to Be Falling out of Favor in 2016 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, May 23, 2016 1:20 PM EDT
After many years of endless stock buybacks, at least one source is signaling that Corporate America is now pushing far less capital toward share buybacks than more recent years.
- Viacom CEO Dauman, board member Abrams removed from Redstone's trust @ USA TODAY - Sun, May 22, 2016 5:46 PM EDT
Sumner Redstone, the ailin92-year-old media mogul who owns a controlling stake in Viacom, has removed two close business associates, including Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman, from his trust.
- [$$] Iliad and Sky consider Italian mobile tie-up @ Financial Times - Fri, May 20, 2016 3:45 PM EDT
CK Hutchison and VimpelCom are in talks with Iliad and Sky among other companies in a bid to address regulatory concerns over the ?20bn merger between their local businesses. The two groups are looking ...
- On topic: Tech news to know now @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, May 20, 2016 2:19 PM EDT
Here’s what’s going on in tech. Oracle vs. Google: Larry Page took the stand Thursday. “When Sun established Java, they established it as an open source thing,” the Google co-founder The post On topic: ...
- Early movers: DE, CPB, FL, HIBB, BKE, TWTR, GPS, ROST & more CNBC - Fri, May 20, 2016 8:01 AM EDT
- Edited Transcript of MNRO earnings conference call or presentation 19-May-16 3:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Thu, May 19, 2016 5:05 PM EDT
Q4 2016 Monro Muffler Brake Inc Earnings Call
- Time Warner Cable CEO’s $93 Million Exit Package Makes No Sense to This Customer Variety - Thu, May 19, 2016 1:15 PM EDT
It wouldn’t surprise me if images of Rob Marcus, Time Warner Cable’s outgoing chairman and CEO, turn up at Bernie Sanders rallies in the coming weeks. Marcus is poised to become the new face of excessive executive compensation. He’s expected to reap a windfall of $92.8 million following the completion of TW Cable’s merger …
- Edited Transcript of RXN earnings conference call or presentation 19-May-16 12:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Thu, May 19, 2016 12:18 PM EDT
Q4 2016 Rexnord Corp Earnings Call
- Tesla Motors: What Its Stock Sale Means For Shareholders @ Barrons.com - Thu, May 19, 2016 11:34 AM EDT
After yesterday's close, Tesla Motors (TSLA) announced that it would sell more shares in order to fund the building of the Model 3. UBS analysts Colin Langan and Eddie Hsieh say the dilution is "as expected." They explain: Tesla announced a 6.8m stock offering (~8.2m with underwriter option) to help fund the acceleration …
- APHB: First Cohort Successfully Completed Treatment in Phase 1 Study of AP-SA01; Full Data in Third Quarter … Zacks Small Cap Research - Thu, May 19, 2016 11:10 AM EDT
AmpliPhi is focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of bacteriophage treatments for bacterial infections. Bacteriophages are viruses that infect, replicate in, and kill bacterial cells while not harming eukaryotic cells. While bacteriophages have been known for over 100 years, up until now their use …
- Why the Tesla Model 3 Megahype Is Turning the Stock Into a Binary Play @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, May 19, 2016 10:35 AM EDT
Given the sheer amount of capital that Tesla has consumed already, the only thing keeping the company from seriously testing market patience and having the bottom drop out of its stock is the very hype ...
- Tesla (TSLA) to Issue Shares to Finance Production Ramp Up Zacks - Thu, May 19, 2016 6:12 AM EDT
Tesla (TSLA) announced a public offer to fund the accelerated production plan for Model 3 and its plans to ramp up annual production volume to 500,000 units by 2018.
- Guotai Junan Securities Co., Ltd. :601211-CN: Earnings Analysis: 2015 By the Numbers : May 19, 2016 @ Capital Cube - Thu, May 19, 2016 4:06 AM EDT
Click here to see latest analysisGuotai Junan Securities Co., Ltd. reports financial results for the year ended December 31, 2015.HighlightsChange in operating cash flow of -42.83% compared to same period last year is about the same as change in earnings, likely no significant movement in accruals or reserves.Earnings growth …
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Announces Huge Equity Offering to Fund Growth @ Motley Fool - Wed, May 18, 2016 9:50 PM EDT
- Viacom to stop paying Sumner Redstone's salary @ USA TODAY - Wed, May 18, 2016 8:38 PM EDT
Viacom, the media company that owns Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, Comedy Channel and MTV, has decided the stop paying the annual salary of chairman emeritus Sumner Redstone, underscoring the end of ...
- Tesla plans to sell $1.7 billion in new stock to fund Model 3 Reuters - Wed, May 18, 2016 6:52 PM EDT
DETROIT/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) will offer up to $1.7 billion of new common stock to finance the accelerated launch of its new Model 3 electric sedan, the electric luxury car maker said on Wednesday. Tesla shares fell 2.2 percent following the announcement, which came after the market closed. …
- Tesla raising cash to fund accelerated production AFP - Wed, May 18, 2016 6:04 PM EDT
Luxury electric carmaker Tesla Motors announced Wednesday it planned to raise $1.4 billion in new capital to help fund stepped-up production of its new Model 3 car. Tesla, which announced in early May that it would accelerate its plan to reach annual production of 500,000 cars by two years to 2018, said it would sell 6.8 …
- Criminal? Goldman Upgrades Tesla To Buy Same Day It Underwrites Offering Benzinga - Wed, May 18, 2016 5:25 PM EDT
Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) announced a $2 billion offering after Wednesday's closing bell. The net proceeds from the offering are to be used to accelerate the ramp of its Model 3. CEO Elon Musk will ...
- 5 Best Tips to Save Money on Taxes Next Year @ Kiplinger - Wed, May 18, 2016 1:30 PM EDT
- Edited Transcript of CUI earnings conference call or presentation 15-Mar-16 1:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Wed, May 18, 2016 6:39 AM EDT
Q4 2015 CUI Global Inc Earnings Call
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Going Public Using an IPO @ Motley Fool - Tue, May 17, 2016 10:01 PM EDT
There are benefits and drawbacks to raising money through an IPO.
- Edited Transcript of AKRX earnings conference call or presentation 17-May-16 2:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Tue, May 17, 2016 3:44 PM EDT
Q1 2016 Akorn Inc Earnings Call
- BCLI: Preparing for Multi-dose Phase 2 Trial of NurOwn™ in ALS; Data From Single-dose ALS Trial in the … Zacks Small Cap Research - Tue, May 17, 2016 11:30 AM EDT
As expected, the company reported no revenues for the quarter. The company exited the first quarter of 2016 with cash and short-term investments of $12.9 million. As of May 6, 2016 the company had approximately 18.7 million shares outstanding.
- Edited Transcript of IMSC earnings conference call or presentation 16-May-16 8:30pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Tue, May 17, 2016 9:41 AM EDT
Q3 2016 Implant Sciences Corp Earnings Call
- Edited Transcript of SNDX earnings conference call or presentation 16-May-16 8:30pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Tue, May 17, 2016 12:13 AM EDT
Q1 2016 Syndax Pharmaceuticals Inc Earnings Call
- Navigating the Alternative Minimum Tax @ nerdwallet - Mon, May 16, 2016 4:32 PM EDT
By Geoffrey M. Zimmerman, CFP Learn more about Geoffrey on NerdWallet’s Ask an Advisor Tax season is over, but if you had to pay the federal Alternative Minimum Tax, the…
- VKTX: Phase 2 Study of VK5211 for Hip Fracture Ongoing; Phase 2 Study of VK2809 for Hypercholersterolemia … Zacks Small Cap Research - Mon, May 16, 2016 4:00 PM EDT
Viking’s (VKTX) lead drug candidate is VK5211, a third-generation non-steroidal Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is being developed for maintenance or improvement of lean body mass (LBM), bone mineral density (BMD), and function in patients recovering from non-elective hip fracture surgery. Hip fracture …
- Oracle co-CEO Safra Catz top paid female exec in 2015, with $57 million @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, May 16, 2016 9:43 AM EDT
Alphabet's Chief Financial Officer Ruth Porat emerged as the No. 2 woman with $41.1 million in awarded compensation after leaving Morgan Stanley, where she held the same role. Her pay package included ...
- Restricted Stock Options vs. Lapsed Stock Options @ Motley Fool - Fri, May 13, 2016 5:04 PM EDT
Stock awards and options are a nice employee benefit, but be sure to understand how yours work.
- Edited Transcript of INOD earnings conference call or presentation 11-May-16 3:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Fri, May 13, 2016 2:00 PM EDT
Q1 2016 Innodata Inc Earnings Call
- Edited Transcript of GS.TO earnings conference call or presentation 13-May-16 1:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Fri, May 13, 2016 12:34 PM EDT
Q3 2016 Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc Earnings Call
- [$$] GAAP's never been holy writ - just ask Silicon Valley @ Financial Times - Fri, May 13, 2016 11:15 AM EDT
It might be just a nip and a tuck; often considerable flab needs to be sucked out. Removing unsightly expenses is all the rage in the US and, naturally, the centre for plastic profits is Silicon Valley. ...
- Noteworthy Insider Buying and Selling at MiMedx Group, Aetna & Others @ Insider Monkey - Fri, May 13, 2016 10:00 AM EDT
It is generally believed that insider buying and selling metrics can provide clues about companies’ future stock price direction. While a vast number of studies show that insider purchases tend to outperform broader stock market benchmarks, insider selling has not been found as informative as insider buying. This is because …
- Why Are We Seeing Fewer Stock Splits? @ Motley Fool - Fri, May 13, 2016 7:22 AM EDT
Compared to the 1990s, we’ve seen relatively few stock splits in the past few years. The Motley Fool’s Dylan Lewis and Sean O’Reilly explain why.
- Edited Transcript of UBI.PA earnings conference call or presentation 12-May-16 4:15pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Thu, May 12, 2016 9:22 PM EDT
Full Year 2016 Ubisoft Entertainment SA Earnings Call
- Edited Transcript of CUI earnings conference call or presentation 10-May-16 1:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Thu, May 12, 2016 6:51 PM EDT
Q1 2016 CUI Global Inc Earnings Call
- Edited Transcript of KROT3.SA earnings conference call or presentation 12-May-16 3:30pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Thu, May 12, 2016 6:18 PM EDT
Q1 2016 Kroton Educacional SA Earnings Call
- Investing in the Road Less Traveled Zacks - Thu, May 12, 2016 3:17 PM EDT
Investing in the Road Less Traveled
- Which industry beats tech in work benefits? @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, May 12, 2016 1:02 PM EDT
By now the tech industry’s perks are legendary — c’mon, sales of ping-pong tables are seen as a tech economic indicator — but a new survey shows that the finance industry The post Which industry beats ...
- Edited Transcript of BLX.TO earnings conference call or presentation 11-May-16 1:00pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Wed, May 11, 2016 2:11 PM EDT
Q1 2016 Boralex Inc Earnings Call
- MasterCard’s CEO Dumped 50% of His Stock -- Should You? @ Motley Fool - Wed, May 11, 2016 12:01 PM EDT
- Consumer-Goods Highlights From the Berkshire Hathaway Meeting @ Motley Fool - Wed, May 11, 2016 9:13 AM EDT
Everyone knows Warren Buffett loves consumer-goods stocks such as Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble. Here’s what he had to say about top CG names at Berkshire Hathaway’s latest annual meeting.
- Why Facebook Is Planning a Stock Split @ Motley Fool - Wed, May 11, 2016 7:57 AM EDT
In its earnings call, Facebook announced plans for a 3-for-1 stock split. The move won’t impact the average investor, but it sets Mark Zuckerberg up to maintain control of the company.
- Edited Transcript of ARWR earnings conference call or presentation 10-May-16 8:30pm GMT Thomson Reuters StreetEvents - Wed, May 11, 2016 1:31 AM EDT
Q2 2016 Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc Earnings Call