- Worth Venture Partners Unveils Multi-Manager Hedge Fund PR Newswire - 47 minutes ago
NEW YORK, March 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Worth Venture Partners ("WVP"), a hedge fund business founded in 2012 by Abby Flamholz and David Wertentheil, is pleased to announce the official seeding of its flagship fund. The Emerging Manager Onshore Fund just launched with $45M on February 3rd with a commitment letter from …
- Michael Fein Joins Okapi Partners as Senior Managing Director PR Newswire - 47 minutes ago
NEW YORK, March 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Okapi Partners LLC, a leading proxy solicitation and investor response firm that advises corporations, institutional investors and mutual fund companies, announced it has named Michael Fein as a Senior Managing Director to lead business development efforts as opportunities to advise …
- KKR Closes the Acquisition of United Group Business Wire - 21 hours ago
KKR, a leading global investment firm, today announces that it has completed the acquisition of United Group , the leading cable and pay TV operator in South Eastern
- Hedge Fund Investors Continue To Question Offshore Director Independence And Credibility, According To … PR Newswire - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 9:15 AM EST
NEW YORK, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Corgentum Consulting, the leading provider of the industry's most comprehensive hedge fund operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, today announced the results of a survey that shows the majority of investors and operational due diligence analysts (73%) feel …
- LLR Partners Closes Fourth Fund at $950 Million Business Wire - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 7:50 AM EST
LLR Partners announces the final closing of LLR Equity Partners IV, L.P. , a $950 million private equity fund that builds on the firm’s 15-year history of investing in and partnering with middle market growth companies.
- KKR Expands Infrastructure and Energy Team into Asia Business Wire - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 9:00 PM EST
KKR, a leading global investment firm, announced it is further expanding its global Energy & Infrastructure business in Asia with the appointment of Tony Schultz, former Managing Director at EIG in Sydney, where he focused on energy, metals and mining investments in Asia Pacific, to serve as Managing Director in Sydney …
- Carlyle to Offer Senior Notes Business Wire - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 9:22 AM EST
Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. today announced its intention to offer, subject to market and other conditions, additional 5.625% Senior Notes due 2043 of Carlyle Holdings II Finance L.L.C., its indirect subsidiary.
- KKR Closes $2.0 Billion North American Oil & Gas Fund Business Wire - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 9:00 AM EST
- Ancestry.com LLC Announces Participation in Goldman Sachs TMT Leveraged Finance Conference GlobeNewswire - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 9:00 AM EST
PROVO, Utah -- Ancestry.com LLC, the world's largest online family history resource, announced its expected participation in the following investor conference:
- U.S. Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds Earned Positive Returns for Q3 2013 and Improved on Their … Marketwired - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 8:45 AM EST
In the midst of a strong period for public equities and a healthy IPO market, U.S. private equity and venture capital funds generated positive returns for the third quarter of 2013, with venture capital ...
- Castlelake Closes Castlelake III, L.P. Marketwired - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 9:47 AM EST
Castlelake, L.P., a global institutional alternative investment firm, today announced that it completed the final closing of Castlelake III, L.P. by reaching its hard cap of $1.4 billion in capital commitments. ...
- Sleep Innovations, Sun Capital Partners Affiliate, Enters into Definitive Agreement to Acquire Assets … Business Wire - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Sun Capital Partners, Inc. today announced that its affiliated portfolio company Sleep Innovations, a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of memory and conventional foam for bedding, furniture, medical, bath, and pet products, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all the assets of Flexible …
- Gen II Fund Services Names Jeff Gendel Managing Director PR Newswire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 3:45 PM EST
NEW YORK, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Gen II Fund Services, LLC, a leading third party Private Equity Fund Administrator, today announced that Jeff Gendel has joined the firm as Managing Director of ...
- Private Equity Market Poised for Uptick in ‘Pricey’ Deals in 2014, Finds Fifth Annual Release of Bain … Business Wire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 12:00 PM EST
The private equity market is primed to expand and prosper in 2014 beyond. New investment activity and deal volume will likely pick-up, though absent an unexpected revival in large public-to-private transactions, it’s doubtful that total buyout deal value will increase; this according to the ‘Global Private Equity Report, …
- Market Vectors Index Solutions Announces February Performance of Market Vectors Hedge Fund Beta Indi … Business Wire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Market Vectors Index Solutions today announced the February performance for its six investable Market Vectors Hedge Fund Beta Indices. Each index is constructed using transp
- One Equity Partners Completes Acquisition of PeroxyChem Business Wire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 9:00 AM EST
One Equity Partners, the global private investment arm of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., announced today the completion of the acquisition of PeroxyChem, formerly FMC Global Peroxygens, a business division of FMC Corporation specializing in peroxygen chemistries.
- The Watermill Group Invests in Innovative Plastics Engineering and Manufacturing Firm Business Wire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 8:37 AM EST
The Watermill Group, a strategy-driven private investment firm, today became the new equity partner for The Plastics Group , a U.S. manufacturer of highly engineered plastic c
- The Carlyle Group Invests in Luxury Inbound Tour Operator Bonotel Exclusive Travel Business Wire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group today announced it has acquired a majority stake in Bonotel Exclusive Travel. The transaction closed on Friday; finan
- The Carlyle Group Agrees to Acquire ADT Korea from Tyco for $1.93 Billion Business Wire - Mon, Mar 3, 2014 6:09 AM EST
Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group has agreed to acquire a 100% stake each in Tyco Fire & Security Services Korea Co. Ltd. and its subsidiaries (ADT Caps Co., Ltd., Capstec Co., Ltd.
- Blackstone / GSO Senior Floating Rate Term Fund Declares Monthly Distributions of $0.10 Per Share Business Wire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 6:26 PM EST
Blackstone / GSO Senior Floating Rate Term Fund announced the declaration of monthly distributions of $0.10 per common share, payable on the dates noted below.
- Blackstone / GSO Long-Short Credit Income Fund Declares Monthly Distributions of $0.098 Per Share Business Wire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Blackstone / GSO Long-Short Credit Income Fund announced the declaration of monthly distributions of $0.098 per common share, payable on the dates noted below.
- Blackstone / GSO Strategic Credit Fund Declares Monthly Distribution of $0.105 Per Share Business Wire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 5:39 PM EST
Blackstone / GSO Strategic Credit Fund announced the declaration of monthly distributions of $0.105 per common share, payable on the dates noted below. Based on the Fund’s current share price of $18.29 , the distributions represent an annualized yield of 6.89%.
- Blackstone Files Annual Report on Form 10-K Business Wire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Blackstone announced today that it has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013.
- KKR acquires majority ownership of Sedgwick CNW Group - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 4:05 PM EST
KKR acquires majority ownership of Sedgwick
- Darrell Crate, CEO of Private Equity Firm Easterly Capital, Confident About 2014 Market Opportunitie … Business Wire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 3:30 PM EST
“Private equity investments continue to offer institutional investors diversified opportunities to balance their portfolios and generate strong returns that are uncorrelated to oth
- Mountain Real Estate Capital Reports Solid Growth for 2013 Business Wire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 9:00 AM EST
Mountain Real Estate Capital , a leading private equity investor in residential land development and homebuilding, closed its first couple of deals in January keeping pace with its strong year in 2013.
- American Energy -- Utica, LLC Announces Closing Of $1.25 Billion Capital Raise PR Newswire - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 7:00 AM EST
OKLAHOMA CITY, Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Energy – Utica, LLC (AEU), an affiliate of American Energy Partners, LP (AEP-LP), announced today that it has closed on its offering of $750 million of seven-year 3.5% convertible subordinated notes that priced last week. The offering was upsized from an initial amount …
- Lampert Capital Markets Appoints Tobias Lenza as Managing Director and Head of Equity Capital Market … Business Wire - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Lampert Capital Markets, Inc. announced today that Tobias Lenza has been appointed as Managing Director - Equity Capital Markets. Mr. Lenza will spearhead the firm’s expansion into
- Dr. Martin Madaus to be Named Chairman and CEO of Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics (OCD) Business Wire - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group today announced that Dr. Martin D. Madaus will become Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics subject to the close of Carlyle’s acquisition of OCD from Johnson & Johnson, which is expected in mid-2014.
- Media Advisory: Panel Discussion - "Be an Outlier: Launching a Hedge Fund Built for Success" GlobeNewswire - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 10:30 AM EST
NEW YORK --
- The Carlyle Group Files Annual Report on Form 10-K Business Wire - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. today announced that it has filed its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 with the U.S.
- Platinum Equity Completes Sale of NESCO to Energy Capital Partners Marketwired - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 5:00 AM EST
Platinum Equity announced today it has completed the sale of NESCO to an affiliate of Energy Capital Partners LLC . Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Deere reaches agreement to sell irrigation operations PR Newswire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 6:00 PM EST
MOLINE, Ill., Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Deere & Company (DE) announced today that it has reached a definitive agreement to sell its irrigation operations to FIMI Opportunity Funds, the leading private equity firm in Israel. After being involved in the production of irrigation products for seven years, Deere announced …
- KKR to Invest in Broadway Mall Business Wire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 4:05 PM EST
KKR today announced that affiliates and clients of KKR, including KKR Financial Holdings LLC , in partnership with Broadway Mall Pacific , acquired Broadway Mall from Vornado Realty Trust.
- MD Private Investment Counsel Continues to Outperform Top Five Firms Marketwired - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 12:41 PM EST
MD Private Investment Counsel , the discretionary investment management arm of MD Physician Services Inc. , remains the largest non-bank-owned private investment counsel firm in Canada according to Investor ...
- Michael H. Conn Joins AllianceBernstein's Growing Alternatives Team as Head of Strategy and Development … PR Newswire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 12:21 PM EST
NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AllianceBernstein L.P. (AllianceBernstein), a global investment management firm with $445 billion in assets under management, announced today that Michael H. Conn has joined the firm as Managing Director - Strategy, Operations and Development, supporting the firm's growing Fund of …
- CORRECTING and REPLACING New Hedge Funds Move Away from Monthly Liquidity in 2013, Seward & Kissel Study … Business Wire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 11:51 AM EST
The link to the "Seward & Kissel New Hedge Fund Study" noted after the first graph of release and in the last graph before the boilerplate should read: http://www.sewkis.com/fi
- HedgeServ Tops Institutional Investor's Alpha Awards For Second Consecutive Year PR Newswire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 11:23 AM EST
NEW YORK and LONDON, Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- HedgeServ, a global fund administrator, announced today that, for the second year in a row, it was named top administrator in the 2014 Institutional Investor ...
- Inflection Strategic Opportunities Fund Posts 10.34% Net Return For 2013, Outperforms Benchmark Indi … Marketwired - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST
Inflection Management Inc. today announced that the Inflection Strategic Opportunities Fund delivered a net return of 10.34% in 2013, outperforming the Fund's benchmark indices and the TSX S&P Index.
- Blackstone Advisory Partners Bolsters Energy Practice Business Wire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 9:00 AM EST
Blackstone Advisory Partners , the financial advisory arm of Blackstone , today announced that Keith Lord and Dayan Abeyaratne will join BAP’s Energy, Power and Renewables Advisory Practice.
- LS Power Equity Advisors Raises $2 Billion for Third Private Equity Fund PR Newswire - Wed, Feb 26, 2014 8:25 AM EST
NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. power and energy infrastructure manager LS Power Equity Advisors, LLC (together with its affiliates, "LS Power") announced the final close of LS Power ...
- Tower Three Partners Makes Investment in The Paslin Company PR Newswire - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 5:41 PM EST
GREENWICH, Conn., Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tower Three Partners, a leading operationally-oriented private equity firm that invests in U.S.-based middle market companies, today announced that it has made an investment in The Paslin Company ("Paslin" or the "Company"), a privately held automotive business headquartered …
- Monthly Index Review Results – Market Vectors Hedge Fund Beta Indices Business Wire - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Market Vectors Index Solutions GmbH today announced the results of the monthly Market Vectors Hedge Fund Beta index review. The following table shows a summary of the review results for all Market Vectors Hedge Fund Beta Indices.
- Quarton Partners Advises Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Company In The Sale Of Qualis Automotive To Centric … PR Newswire - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
BIRMINGHAM, Mich., Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Quarton Partners is pleased to announce that Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Company, Inc. ("HKW") has sold Qualis Automotive L.L.C. ("Qualis") ...
- The cost of compliance rising for Canadian hedge fund industry CNW Group - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 8:30 AM EST
The cost of compliance rising for Canadian hedge fund industry
- Pritzker Group Investment Partner Named President of Healthcare Private Equity Association Business Wire - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 8:10 AM EST
Pritzker Group Private Capital today announced the firm’s healthcare investment partner, Michael Dal Bello, was named president of the Healthcare Private Equity Association, a trade group comprised of more than 50 private equity firms representing 400 healthcare portfolio companies.
- Intervale Capital Raises $495 Million Fund in First and Final Close Bringing Cumulative Funds Raised … PR Newswire - Tue, Feb 25, 2014 6:00 AM EST
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Intervale Capital ("Intervale"), an energy-focused private equity firm with offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Houston, Texas, today announced ...
- Greystone and Quilvest & Partners Form Multifamily Property Acquisition Joint Venture Business Wire - Mon, Feb 24, 2014 9:55 AM EST
Greystone, a real estate investment and development firm, and Quilvest & Partners, a global independent private equity investor, today announced the formation of a joint venture to acquire multifamily assets across the U.S.
- Hedge Fund Association Announces 2014/2015 Board Election Results Business Wire - Mon, Feb 24, 2014 9:25 AM EST
The Hedge Fund Association , a leading global nonprofit trade and nonpartisan lobbing organization, announced today the results of the 2014/2015 board of director’s election.
- Odyssey Investment Partners Closes $2 Billion Fifth Investment Fund Business Wire - Mon, Feb 24, 2014 9:00 AM EST
Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC , a leading middle-market private equity firm with offices in New York City and Los Angeles, today announced the final closing of Odysse