- [$$] How to Invest in eBay as PayPal Spinoff Nears @ Barrons.com - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
It's time to sell puts on eBay. News of the PayPal spinoff anticipated in 2015 should keep eBay's (EBAY) stock from rising or falling very far. The trade should work until the middle of next year when eBay is expected to divide into two companies. One company will represent eBay's auction business;
- Zalando underwhelms on Frankfurt debut @ Financial Times - 3 hours ago
Zalando left investors underwhelmed after the online fashion retailer made its debut on the Frankfurt stock exchange, with shares losing their earlier froth to close just above their starting price. The ...
- Vivint Solar IPO Live Coverage and Closing Report (Update) @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
Vivint Solar is now public, as its initial public offering began trading Wednesday morning. Shares opened above $16 price.
- Japan Post IPO blow for BoA and Deutsche @ Financial Times - 7 hours ago
Some of the worst fears of Tokyo bankers were realised on Wednesday as Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank were omitted by Japan's government from the line-up of brokers for the giant initial ...
- Biotech Company FibroGen Files for IPO 24/7 Wall St. - 7 hours ago
Biotech company FibroGen filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for its initial public offering.
- Major Fallout Stocks After Confirmed Ebola Case in United States @ 24/7 Wall St. - 8 hours ago
With the CDC not releasing enough data on the patient, there could be an opportunity for traders on both sides of the Ebola story.
- Verizon Communications Inc Chart Still Sporting 'Head And Shoulders' Top Potential Benzinga - 8 hours ago
Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) shares have seen some buying interest throughout the last couple of weeks as the markets have seen increased volatility. Verizon has long been a "safe harbor" ...
- Wunderlich Analysts Bullish On Shares Of Panera Bread Co Benzinga - 8 hours ago
Analysts at Wunderlich Securities upgraded shares of Panera Bread Co (NASDAQ: PNRA ) from Hold to Buy with a $185 price target. Analysts are bullish on Panera’s management team and the company’s attractive ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Boeing, eBay, Hecla Mining, Janus Capital, Orbitz, Ford and Mor … @ 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations covered by 24/7 Wall St. on Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
- Merrill Lynch’s Key Stock Picks for the Fourth Quarter @ 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
With or without mid-term elections, the last quarter of 2014 and January of next year could be a bonanza for stock investors.
- Anworth Announces Increase to Series B Preferred Stock Conversion Rate Benzinga - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH ) announced that in accordance with the terms of Anworth's 6.25% Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock, or Series B Preferred Stock, the conversion ...
- The 52-Week Low Club for Tuesday @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
September 30, 2014: The following stocks are among the 250 equities making new 52-week lows today: Barrick Gold Corp. (NYSE: ABX) dropped 3% Tuesday to a new 52-week low of $14.55. Share volume is 25% ...
- GoPro Inc Stock Finally Hits A Wall - Will It Break Through? Benzinga - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
GoPro Inc (NASDAQ: GPRO ) shares have soared from the $30 June 26 IPO to more than $96 before backing off just a bit. The stock closed at $93.22, up 2.5 percent. Color this IPO a success from a standpoint ...
- Did NOV Investors Want Even More Than a $3 Billion Share Buyback Plan? 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 3:16 PM EDT
National Oilwell Varco has announced that its board of directors authorized a share buyback program for up to $3 billion of outstanding common stock.
- Carl Icahn May Take A Bite Of McDonald's Corporation Benzinga - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 2:47 PM EDT
Shares of McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ) on Monday climbed as high as 2.7 percent, marking the largest percentage gain of the year for the world’s biggest restaurant company. With nearly three times ...
- MLP PennTex Files for IPO @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 2:08 PM EDT
PennTex Midstream Partners has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for an initial public offering.
- UPDATE: Barclays Upgrades Tibco Software Inc. On Acquisition News Benzinga - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 12:26 PM EDT
Barclays upgraded Tibco Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX ) from Underperform to Equal-Weight and raised the price target from $19 to $24. Analysts Raimo Lenschow and Saket Kalia upgraded the rating due to news ...
- Why Deutsche Bank Upgraded Teekay @ Barrons.com - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 10:58 AM EDT
Shares of Teekay (TK) have surged more than 15% this morning after the shipping company announced a new dividend policy after yesterday's close. Deutsche Bank's Amit Mehrotra think the news is good enough to be worthy of an upgrade for Teekay: We are upgrading our recommendation on shares of Teekay Corp. to Buy from Hold, …
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On NiSource Inc. Following Analyst Day Benzinga - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
In a report published Tuesday, Morgan Stanley analyst Brian Lasky reiterated an Equal-Weight rating on NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI ), and raised the price target from $43.00 to $45.00. In the report, Morgan ...
- 6 Top Energy Stocks That May Be Targets After Encana Buys Athlon @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 9:05 AM EDT
UBS analysts list six top energy stocks, some of which are already swirling in the rumor mill, as possible takeover or merger targets.
- Why an undiversified portfolio could mean fewer profits Market Realist - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Another common investor mistake is to have an under diversified portfolio. In a 1991 to 1996 study of the customers of a large US discount brokerage, more than 25% held only one stock and more than 50% ...
- Credit Suisse High-Quality Strong Momentum Stocks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
A new report from Credit Suisse includes a screen for high-quality and momentum thematic growth stocks.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Alcoa, Apple, CSC, Kellogg, Raytheon, Toyota and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 8:10 AM EDT
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations covered by 24/7 Wall St. for Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
- [$$] Alibaba's Post-IPO Stability Bodes Well @ Barrons.com - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Alibaba (BABA:NYSE) By Wedbush ($90.46, Sept. 28, 2014) We believe Alibaba offers a compelling combination of size, growth and profitability, on a global basis. We expect the post-initial public offering (IPO) discussion to become more balanced between risk and reward going forward, but expect Alibaba (BABA) shares to …
- PNC buys advisory boutique Solebury @ Financial Times - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 3:38 PM EDT
PNC Financial Services has bought independent equity advisory firm Solebury Capital, in an unusual move that gives the US regional lender a foothold in the niche but growing market for IPO advisory. The ...
- Must-know: Caesars’ performance since its memorable IPO Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 2:59 PM EDT
Caesars Entertainment's first trade day was one of the best initial public offering performances in the history of the U.S. stock market.
- Digital Ally, Inc. At Critical Price Level Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Shares of Digital Ally, Inc. (NASDAQ: DGLY ) are pulling back sharply Monday, retracing all of Friday's gains as a general retreat in momentum stocks and profit taking are pushing the shares towards the ...
- New York widens global lead for IPOs @ Financial Times - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:56 PM EDT
The US has strengthened its position as the preferred destination for initial public offerings, and is set to rank as the top country for new equity fundraisings for the fourth straight year, following ...
- Pfizer Inc. Stock Fails To Break Out: Is It Headed Back Down? Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:55 PM EDT
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE ) shareholders have experienced the short-term euphoria of seeing their stock rally a massive 10 percent from August to September. The stock failed to eclipse key “triple threat” ...
- Is TIBCO’s Buyout Fairly Valued? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 11:55 AM EDT
TIBCO Software announced Monday morning that private equity firm Vista Equity Partners would be taking it private.
- MLP Watch: Columbia Pipeline Partners Files for IPO 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 11:05 AM EDT
Columbia Pipeline Partners has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for an initial public offering.
- American Eagle Outfitters, Continental Resources, Inc. And Other Insiders Have Been Buying Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:44 AM EDT
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO ), Continental Resources, Inc. (NYSE: CLR ) and Restoration Hardware Holdings Inc (NYSE: RH ) are among the companies that have seen insider buying recently. Insiders ...
- Private equity-backed IPOs could hit seven-year high @ Financial Times - Sun, Sep 28, 2014 7:02 PM EDT
A surge of private equity backed flotations could see global initial public offering activity this year reach the highest level since 2007, according to EY. But the professional services firm has warned ...
- A Baker’s Dozen of IPOs on Tap for Next Week @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
So far in September, 16 IPOs have priced and four have been withdrawn. In the coming week, we are looking for as many as 13 IPOs.
- Insider Buying Consistent This Week, Despite Volatile Market @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
In a week that saw multiple moves of over a percentage point up and down, insiders looking to buy stock still were very busy adding to or initiating positions.
- Earnings season could revive ailing stocks @ USA TODAY - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 8:33 AM EDT
Don't let one bad week shake your confidence in stocks.
- [$$] Alibaba's Advantage: For IPOs, Large Is in Charge @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 2:29 AM EDT
Dow Indicator Alibaba Group Holding is struggling to keep up with the hype. After surging 36% out of the gate, the largest-ever initial public offering traded on Friday 4% below its opening trade. At least seven brokerage firms have already initiated coverage of the e-commerce giant, all with Buy ratings. When big companies …
- [$$] Zalando, Rocket Internet May Soar, Then Stumble @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 2:25 AM EDT
Dow Jones Global Indexes|Global Stock Markets Initial public offerings of two German Internet companies could jump when they debut, but the new stocks may struggle to live up to the hype. Fast-growing fashion retailer Zalando could dress up any portfolio, and Rocket Internet could reach a low orbit. The buzz is understandable: …
- How Will the Market Treat the Yodlee IPO? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 2:55 PM EDT
Yodlee Inc. filed over the summer with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering, and now this IPO is on deck for the week ahead. The company is planning to issue 6.25 million ...
- Yahoo Higher As Starboard Suggests Cost-Cutting Moves, AOL Partnership @ Barrons.com - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 12:32 PM EDT
Yahoo (YHOO) hasn't had a great week. Since hitting a 52-week high of $44.01 on Sept. 15, it's drifted lower, hurt in part by Alibaba (BABA): Though once priced for its stake in the Chinese e-commerce firm, the market is punishing Yahoo as Alibaba remains below $90, a letdown after it spiked to nearly $100 on Sept. 19, …
- Digital Ally, Inc. Shares In Play Following Military Contract Announcement Benzinga - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 11:19 AM EDT
Shares of Digital Ally, Inc. (NASDAQ: DGLY ) were up 30 percent Friday morning following the company’s announcement of a $200,000 order of its complete video evidence-gathering system from a U.S military ...
- Metals and Mining Suffer Worst Stretch Since 1990s: Is a Turnaround Imminent? 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 9:05 AM EDT
A new research report from the global metals and mining team at Credit Suisse cites factors most investors in the stocks are painfully aware of.
- 5 Very Oversold Tech Stocks to Buy After Huge Sell-Off @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
A new research report from UBS analysts tracks the tech stocks that are the most overbought and oversold on a relative strength basis.
- First take: Did Alibaba IPO mark a top for stocks? @ USA TODAY - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 10:25 PM EDT
The stock market has been heading in one direction since the Alibaba IPO: down. Is the top in?
- [$$] Alibaba: Investors Will Get a New 'First Chance' @ Barrons.com - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 4:48 PM EDT
If you missed out on the Alibaba IPO, fret not. Options are scheduled to begin trading on Sept. 29, enabling investors to get a piece of the year's hottest initial public offering Alibaba Group's (BABA) puts and calls should instantly rank among the most volatile in the options market. One dealer says the options could …
- The 4 Stocks That Tanked the Market 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
September 25, 2014: Markets opened lower on Thursday as tech stocks led by Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) had dropped more than 2% about half an hour before the close. A weak report on U.S. durable goods orders ...
- Alibaba IPO Pours Shares Into Shrinking Pool of Stock @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
The company's public debut makes a big splash in a pool of equities that's shrunk by $900 billion in four years
- Travelport IPO Faces Warm Reaction on Otherwise Cold Day @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 2:05 PM EDT
Travelport shares held relatively strong in its initial public offering debut.
- Tech stocks lead US equities lower @ Financial Times - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 12:51 PM EDT
The technology sector led the broader US equity market lower on Thursday as investors shifted out of riskier investments ahead of the third quarter's end next week. The move reversed gains on Wednesday ...
- Travelport stock climbs 10% on first day of NY trading @ Financial Times - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 12:42 PM EDT
Shares in Travelport - the UK travel business backed by private equity group Blackstone - rose 10 per cent on their first day of trading in New York, after the group succeeded in its third attempt to float ...