- 13D Filings @ Barrons.com - 26 minutes ago
Source: InsiderScore.com On Feb. 19, Sarissa Capital Management notified Ariad of its intent to appear at the company’s 2015 annual meeting and nominate Richard Mulligan and Anna Protopapas to the eight-member staggered board of directors. It also declared its intention to “unseat” Harvey Berger, Ariad’s chairman and …
- The Tug of Cheap Options @ Barrons.com - 46 minutes ago
General Electric (GE) recently attracted significant upside call buying ahead of earnings. GE’s key attraction, from an options view, was that its implied volatility—the essence of pricing models—was low, and thus inexpensive, ahead of what could have been a stock-moving event. The VIX should slowly decline if the stock …
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 6 hours ago
InPlay from Briefing.com
- Emerging Market Dividend Payers Currently Offer Value Market Realist - 8 hours ago
Emerging market dividend payers are offering value, given their high volatility.
- Warren Buffett's Best Dividend Stocks @ Kiplinger - 10 hours ago
Consider adding these big payers, all owned by Berkshire Hathaway, to your portfolio.
- Big Short Interest Swings In Semiconductor Stocks Benzinga - 13 hours ago
Early February brought some big swings in the short interest among the leading semiconductor stocks. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ: MRVL ), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA ) and QUALCOMM, Inc. ...
- Why Short Sellers Piled On eBay Benzinga - 13 hours ago
eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY ) stood out among the leading social media companies based in the United States for its surge short interest between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates. Short sellers ...
- 5 Reasons Deutsche Bank Thinks This Data Center REIT Is Now A Buy Benzinga - 13 hours ago
On February 26, Deutsche Bank upgraded mega-data center landlord QTS Realty Trust Inc (NYSE: QTS ) from Neutral to Buy, and raised its price target from $36 to $39, noting "strong growth ahead" ...
- 5 US Companies Focused on Returning Capital to Shareholders @ 24/7 Wall St. - 14 hours ago
UBS reports that corporations are generating an incredible $1 trillion a year in cash, and the believe these five top companies will stay focused on returning capital to shareholders.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: BofA, CA, CBOE, CSX, FedEx, ITT, Potbelly and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - 15 hours ago
Friday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Bank of America, CA, CBOE, CSX, FedEx, ITT and Potbelly.
- Gap shares jump on $1B stock buy-back @ USA TODAY - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:45 PM EST
Q4 earnings per share beat Wall Street forecasts by a penny
- Gap Climbs On $1B Buyback Plan, Dividend Raise @ Barrons.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 4:58 PM EST
Shares of Gap (GPS) were up more than 2% in after-hours trading, after it announced a new share repurchase plan and dividend. The first quarterly dividend will be distributed in April.
- The 4 Stocks That Curbed the DJIA Thursday @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 4:01 PM EST
February 26, 2015: Markets opened lower on Thursday following a reports of a rise in jobless claims, an increase in durable goods orders, and the CPI fell. Energy stocks were the drag on the DJIA again ...
- Has Biocept Reached an Inflection Point? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 3:35 PM EST
Biocept has seen its stock move up over 200% in the past week, only to give back about 20% in Thursday's trading.
- Goldman, JPMorgan Say Whole Foods Set for Gains @ Barrons.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:59 PM EST
Two of Wall Street’s top banks are telling investors to buy bullish calls ahead of Whole Foods Market’s first investor day meeting on Feb. 27. Goldman Sachs is telling clients to buy March $56.50 calls that expire March 6. JPMorgan likes buying March $56 calls that expire on the same day. Both trades pay off if the stock, …
- Short Sellers Come Back To Biotech Stocks Benzinga - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:25 PM EST
By and large, short interest among the leading biotechs and emerging pharmaceuticals reversed course and rose again between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates. Leading that trend were Amgen, ...
- The 5 NYSE Stocks With the Highest Short Interest in February @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 11:35 AM EST
Surges in short interest between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates lifted Pfizer and Verizon Communications into the top five most shorted stocks on the New York Stock Exchange. All of the ...
- Rising Share Prices Temper Short Interest in 3D Printing Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 9:40 AM EST
Short interest in the two-week period ending February 13 rose for three of four of the 3D printing stocks we follow.
- Short Sellers Increase Bets Against Biotech as Shares Continue to Rise @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 9:25 AM EST
The short interest data are out for the February 13 settlement date. 24/7 Wall St. has reviewed the top biotech companies, without focusing on speculative companies.
- 5 Top Jefferies Bank Stock Picks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:55 AM EST
A new research note from the analysts at Jefferies concedes that some of the biggest banks are very cheap, but that doesn’t necessarily make them a great buy now.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: American Express, Cablevision, Groupon, Salesforce.com, T-Mobile, … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:45 AM EST
hursday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include American Express, Cablevision, Groupon, Salesforce.com, T-Mobile and Yelp.
- Short Sellers Bet Against Semiconductor Giants @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:25 AM EST
Recent short interest moves show that investors now seem to be doubting the semiconductor industry, after the previous short interest report was fairly positive.
- Short Interest in Solar Stocks Declines as Crude Oil Prices Rise @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Short interest among solar and alternative energy stocks was mixed during the two-week reporting period that ended on February 13.
- The 5 Most Shorted Nasdaq Stocks in February @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 7:27 AM EST
There was no change in the ranking of the most heavily shorted stocks traded on the Nasdaq in early February, even though two of them saw significant drops.
- Despite Stock Market Highs, 13 Major Dividend Cuts @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:58 AM EST
Most major companies seem to be raising their dividends year after year. That may be the case for most companies, but certainly not all.
- GE: A Cheap Bet Shares Will Rally on Earnings @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:53 PM EST
General Electric, which is as widely held as it is mistrusted, is doing something rarely seen in recent years: trading strongly into earnings. With first-quarter earnings scheduled for April 17, investors are buying bullish calls in anticipation shares rally on the news. General Electric (GE) earnings are rarely treated …
- 8 Stories JP Morgan Is Watching Today Benzinga - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 12:28 PM EST
JP Morgan issued its top eight market stories to watch on Wednesday. 1. Silver In the silver space, Coeur Mining Inc (NYSE: CDE ) was downgraded from Neutral to Underweight while Hecla Mining Company (NYSE: ...
- Why Was Trex Downgraded After An Earnings Beat? These Analysts Explain Benzinga - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST
Despite strong fourth quarter sales and earnings, Trex Company, Inc. (NYSE: TREX ) was downgraded at Stifel on Wednesday morning, from a Buy to a Hold. Trading above $48, the valuation “looks stretched,” ...
- Jamie Dimon Readies J.P. Morgan Investors for Much Larger Dividends Ahead @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:50 AM EST
Many investors will cheer the dividend and shareholder treatment comments from J.P. Morgan's investors day presentation by Jamie Dimon.
- Markets subdued ahead of Yellen's second testimony @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:35 AM EST
U.S. financial markets eased back from record highs in early trading Wednesday. Investors were monitoring corporate earnings from Lowe's, Target and several other companies. Federal Reserve Chair Janet ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Coeur, Comcast, First Solar, Marvell, ONEOK, Whole Foods and Mo … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Wednesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Coeur Mining, Comcast, First Solar, Marvell Technology, ONEOK and Whole Foods.
- Analyst Stocks Hitting 52-Week Highs That Are Still a Buy Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 8:50 AM EST
Jefferies tracks stocks in the S&P 500 Index touching or very close to 52-week highs. These five stocks are rated Buy at the firm.
- Is Alibaba Headed Back to the IPO Price or Lower as Lock-Up Expirations Near? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 8:35 AM EST
At the right price, Alibaba probably is a tremendous long-term stock to have in an aggressive growth portfolio. The question is, what is that price?
- Postal Savings Bank Of China Seeks $25 Billion IPO, And Pre-IPO Investors @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:06 AM EST
We may have a Chinese IPO that rivals Alibaba Group's (BABA) next year. China Daily reported today that Postal Savings Bank of China, China's sixth largest lender by assets, is seeking to raise up to $25 billion in an IPO next year. The bank, currently owned by the national postal service provider China Post Group Corp., …
- GoDaddy takes another step to IPO @ USA TODAY - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:52 PM EST
GoDaddy took another step to becoming a publicly traded company Tuesday
- Shake Shack's So Expensive Not Even Its Lead Underwriters Rate It a Buy @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 3:50 PM EST
How expensive is Shake Shack (SHAK)? Sure we can look at its forward price-earnings ratio of 620, and say very. Or we can take the words of its two lead underwriters, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan, who didn't ...
- Citi Research: Why This Recent REIT IPO Has A 21% Upside Benzinga - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 3:22 PM EST
Citi Research on Tuesday published a research report initiating coverage on InfraREIT Inc (NYSE: HIFR ). 'Launching with a Buy – Unique Platform for Infrastructure Growth' Source: Company Prospectus Filing ...
- TD Ameritrade Chief Strategist Saw Increased Buying Of Calls On First Solar Benzinga - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:22 PM EST
Speaking to Benzinga, TD Ameritrade Chief Strategist JJ Kinahan said that weekly $50 Calls on First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSLR ) saw increased action on Monday. By Tuesday, the stock had spiked to over ...
- Whitney Tilson Explains 'One Of The More Oddball Stocks I've Ever Purchased' Benzinga - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:01 PM EST
In his recent annual letter to fund partners, Kase Capital’s Whitney Tilson disclosed the fund’s top holdings going into 2015 . Big names disclosed in the letter include Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ: CAR ...
- Atlantic Alliance Partnership Files for IPO @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:00 PM EST
Atlantic Alliance Partnership has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for its initial public offering.
- Analysts On Shake Shack: How High Is Too High? Benzinga - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:34 AM EST
Shake Shack Inc (NYSE: SHAK ) gained more than 5 percent Tuesday as analysts released ratings at the expiration of the so-called quiet period. The upscale burger chain went public January 30 at $21 a share ...
- Why Analysts Are Not Impressed With Shake Shack @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:25 AM EST
The post-IPO quiet period for Shake Shack has officially ended and analysts have begun to weigh in.
- Top UBS Health Care Stocks to Buy for 2015 and Beyond @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:05 AM EST
Bought as a basket, these four companies could offer long-term investors a perfect compliment of stocks covering the health care sector.
- Merrill Lynch Dividend Yield Stocks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 9:10 AM EST
We combined two Merrill Lunch ideas that secular contrarians should be long, or own now, and screened the firm's stocks universe for large-cap dividend yield stocks that are rated Buy.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: CSC, Chevron, Coach, Duke, Newmont, Sprint and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Tuesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include American Airlines, Computer Sciences, Chevron, Coach, Duke Energy, Newmont Mining and Sprint.
- Analyst Has 5 Well-Known Technology Buyout Candidates @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 8:15 AM EST
24/7 Wall St. screened the recent RBC list of technology takeover candidates for five higher profile and more well-known stocks.
- Sell Emerging Markets And Buy U.S. Stocks @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Major institutional investors, cloaked in the secrecy of electronic markets, have spent recent weeks adjusting or establishing massive put positions in iShares Emerging Market Index (EEM). The message of these emblematic trades is that institutional investors, largely macro-hedge funds who trade the world, are cautious …
- A Red Flag for Drug Stocks Large and Small @ Barrons.com - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 5:57 PM EST
For the past four years, biotech has been the shining star of the U.S. stock market. Any investor who ignored the hard work for company research and simply bought a sector ETF would have enjoyed returns that dwarfed anything they could have gotten from the broader stock market. “Big Pharma firms and investors have been …
- First Solar, SunPower Surge: Will Jointly Float a Yieldco IPO @ Barrons.com - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 5:45 PM EST
Shares of solar energy technology providers First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR) are each up over 10% in late trading, after the two companies said they will form a "Yieldco" containing assets from each other their operations, which will then be floated as an initial public offering. First Solar stock is up $5.36, or …
- Morgan Stanley Sees Avago Technologies Q1 Beat; New Markets For Sensata Technologies? Benzinga - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 4:44 PM EST
Avago Technologies Ltd (NASDAQ: AVGO ) could beat the first quarter consensus by a small margin on strong demand for data storage products and wired infrastructure, an analyst said Monday Morgan Stanley's ...