- New King Digital IPO Lawsuit Targets JP Morgan, Bank Of America, Credit Suisse Benzinga - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 4:59 PM EDT
According to recently-filed court documents, King Digital Entertainment PLC (NYSE: KING ) and underwriters of its IPO, including JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM ), Bank of America Corp (NYSE: BAC ) and ...
- The 5 Most Shorted NYSE Stocks in March @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 7:20 AM EDT
Chesapeake Energy, Petrobras and Vale all saw the double-digit percentage increases in the numbers of their shares short between the February 13 and February 27 settlement dates.
- Invest In Footwear? Morgan Stanley Has 2 'Pair' Trade Ideas Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 5:38 PM EDT
In a new report, Morgan Stanley analysts discuss two pair trades they recommend in the branded footwear and apparel space. Analysts have only a "modestly bullish" overall view of the space, but ...
- AMSC Announces Reverse Stock Split Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 5:15 PM EDT
AMSC (Nasdaq: AMSC ), a global solutions provider serving the wind and power grid industry, today announced that a 1-for-10 reverse stock split has become effective, and that trading in the Company's common ...
- Mystery IPO Doubles On Debut @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 3:31 PM EDT
It is just not that common where an initial public offering (IPO) comes along and totally blows its debut out of the water without investors catching on. So, what about a mystery IPO that doubles on its ...
- Does Carl Icahn Trump Capex Cuts at Chesapeake? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 1:40 PM EDT
Famed activist investor Carl Icahn increased his stake in Chesapeake Energy to 11% after the company announced more cuts to its 2015 capital spending budget.
- Should Investors Sell GM Into Its Buybacks? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 1:25 PM EDT
Two reputable Wall Street firms have recently told their clients and investors to sell shares of GM into the company's recently announced larger capital return plan.
- IPO Outlook: More Solar, More IPOs, More Fun This Week Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 11:55 AM EDT
Finally, it looks like the IPO market is back on track with IPOs ranging from biotech to tech to financials. Investors finally have something to get excited about. SolarEdge Technologies (NASDAQ: SEDG ...
- Why the Whiting Capital Raise Destroys Buyout Chances @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 11:00 AM EDT
Due to falling energy prices, one of the hoped-for trends in the sector has been mergers and acquisitions. The hope had been that Whiting Petroleum would be the first serious buyout.
- Whiting Petroleum Slides; Offerings A Signal Buyout Is Dead Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 10:59 AM EDT
Whiting Petroleum Corp (NYSE: WLL ) shares slid 20 percent in early trading Tuesday after the company's plan for a stock offering signaled that reported efforts to seek a buyer have withered. Whiting changed ...
- Freeport-McMoRan Slashes Dividend 84%, Shares Collapse Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 10:24 AM EDT
Freeport-McMoRan Inc (NYSE: FCX ) cut its dividend by 84 percent Tuesday morning, blaming consistently weak commodity prices. Freeport-McMoRan suspended its dividend in 2008 in an environment with weak ...
- Merrill Lynch Says Buy These 3 Top Radio Frequency Chip Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 10:10 AM EDT
In a new Merrill Lynch report, the analysts were especially positive on the radio frequency (RF) chip makers. If they are right, these three chip stocks could be a solid bet for aggressive accounts.
- Should Netflix Show Us The Money? Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 8:47 AM EDT
In a report published Tuesday, Barclays analyst Paul Vogel stated that Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX ) is a "great company" but its low profit per customer generates real risks to bullish expectations ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Atwood, Hartford, Kimberly-Clark, MEI Pharma, Sirius XM, Whiting … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 8:15 AM EDT
Tuesday's top analyst upgrades and downgrades include Atwood Oceanics, Hartford Financial, Kimberly-Clark, MEI Pharma, Sirius XM and Whiting Petroleum.
- Are Steel and Metal Stocks Forming a Bottom? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 7:20 AM EDT
Many of the key steel and aluminum stocks have sold off sharply from their highs. Despite this poor performance, is it possible that the steel and aluminum giants are trying to find a bottom?
- 10 companies buy up their own stock @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 6:52 PM EDT
10 companies buy up their own stock
- Cyberark Software Jumps 12% On Analyst Upgrades Benzinga - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 3:35 PM EDT
Cyberark Software Ltd (NASDAQ: CYBR ) shares jumped nearly 12 percent Monday after a couple of investment banks talked up the company's prospects for fast growth. The computer security company changed ...
- Why This Analyst Thinks Gilead's Technicals Are Setting Up For A Break Benzinga - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:01 AM EDT
Anne-Marie Baiynd was recently a guest on #PreMarket Prep , a daily trading idea radio show hosted by Joel Elconin and Dennis Dick. With the news Friday that Gilead Sciences, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: GILD ) drugs ...
- 5 Stocks to Buy That Love the Current Strong US Dollar @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 10:15 AM EDT
Why Discover Financial Services, Kroger, Lowe's Companies, Microsoft and Tractor Supply may make good sense for investors to buy now.
- 4 Pharmaceutical Stocks to Buy for Outperformance in 2015 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 9:05 AM EDT
A new research report from the technical team at RBC cites Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Mylan and Perrigo as stocks that may continue to show sector leadership.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AK Steel, Carnival, EMC, Kinder Morgan, NVIDIA, Staples, Tyco and … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 8:25 AM EDT
Monday's top analyst upgrades and downgrades include AK Steel, Carnival, EMC, Kinder Morgan, NVIDIA, Staples and Tyco International.
- How to Calculate the Cost Basis of Old Stock @ Kiplinger - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 8:00 AM EDT
If you can't find your purchase date and price, check your old tax filings for clues.
- These 4 Stocks Finished The Week At 1-Year Lows Benzinga - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 3:58 PM EDT
The U.S. markets finished off a great week with a strong day of Friday trading. The S&P 500 jumped nearly 19 points on Friday and finished off the week up nearly 2.7 percent. However, some stocks did not ...
- Is Raytheon an Attractive Investment Option? Market Realist - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
An investment in Raytheon stock would have generated about 94% returns in the past five years. This is just slightly more than the 88% returns from the S&P Index.
- Have Herbalife Shares Bottomed? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 9:45 AM EDT
Shares of Herbalife may still be way down from when activist investor Bill Ackman first publicly went after the maker of vitamins and health products, but they have also bounced handily of late.
- SolarEdge Leads the Week’s IPO List @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 9:25 AM EDT
In this coming week, eight stocks are scheduled to make their public debuts, including a couple of "best efforts" IPOs.
- Massive Energy Insider Buying Highlights Roller-Coaster Market Week @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 9:20 AM EDT
Volatility typically has been a harbinger of steep drop in the markets. You sure wouldn’t guess that by the sheer number of insiders that continue to buy their own companies' shares.
- Insider Selling Wanes as Volatility Spikes @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 9:15 AM EDT
After seeing insider selling really strong for most of the past four weeks, things have really quieted down.
- 11 Analyst Stock Picks Under $10 With Massive Upside Targets @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 9:10 AM EDT
Some analyst calls cover stocks to buy and some cover stocks to sell. Where we often find true hidden gems is in those analyst reports covering small-cap and low-cost stocks.
- Apigee, San Jose-based software developer, files for $86 million IPO @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 4:51 PM EDT
One of the city's fastest-growing tech companies, software-developer Apigee, filed on Friday for an initial public offering, breathing bit of life back into the lackluster IPO market.
- Why Shake Shack Reported a Loss in the Fourth Quarter Market Realist - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
Shake Shack's IPO led to ~$1.1 million in related expenses. Due to these expenses, Shake Shack reported a net loss of $1.4 billion in the fourth quarter.
- Argus Reaffirms Buy At HCP, Stock At 'Attractive' Levels Benzinga - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 12:02 PM EDT
Argus reaffirmed its Buy rating on HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP ) Friday along with a price target of $49. Analyst Lucy Moore was "encouraged by HCP's continued growth in same-property net operating income ...
- Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy, Lowers PT On Finish Line On Positive FY15 Outlook Benzinga - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 9:50 AM EDT
In a report published Friday, Deutsche Bank analyst Paul Trussell reiterated a Buy rating on Finish Line Inc. (NASDAQ: FINL ), but lowered the price target from $30.00 to $29.00. In the report, Deutsche ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Carnival, Ericsson, Honeywell, Pier 1, Tesoro, Trimble and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 8:20 AM EDT
Friday's top analyst upgrades and downgrades include Carnival, Ericsson, Honeywell, Pier 1, Tesoro and Trimble Navigation.
- Credit Suisse Reiterates Neutral, Raises PT On Ally Financial On Strong Capital Return Benzinga - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 8:07 AM EDT
In a report published Friday, Credit Suisse analyst Moshe Orenbuch reiterated a Neutral rating on Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY ), and raised the price target from $24.00 to $25.00. In the report, Credit ...
- Exclusive: The Steady Trader Explains What Alibaba's Stock Needs To No Longer Be A Gamble Benzinga - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 8:05 AM EDT
Serge Berger was recently a guest on #PreMarket Prep , a daily trading idea radio show hosted by Joel Elconin and Dennis Dick. Tune in to the daily broadcast live Monday-Friday at 8 a.m. ET here. Among ...
- Transocean Woes Hammer Offshore Drillers @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 1:10 PM EDT
When the world’s largest offshore driller sneezes, the entire industry gets a cold. That is what happened Thursday.
- GoDaddy Is Going Public And Its Ticker Symbol Will Be GDDY Benzinga - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 12:28 PM EDT
In times of few IPOs in the U.S., domain name registration and website hosting giant GoDaddy Inc. has filed for an initial public offering of at least 22 million Class A shares. The offering is expected ...
- Fed Push for Inflation Implies Support for Gold Price, Miners @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
Sterne Agee sees Fedearl Reserve push for inflation as support for gold prices and gold miners.
- How the Tekmira Secondary Offering Could Help the Company @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 10:35 AM EDT
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals, one of the top names in the Ebola drug arena, is now about to raise a significant amount of capital in a secondary offering.
- GoDaddy to market $418M IPO @ USA TODAY - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 10:10 AM EDT
The Internet domain registrar and website host is known for much-discussed Super Bowl ads
- Should GoDaddy Be Worth $3 Billion at Its IPO Launch? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 9:30 AM EDT
GoDaddy has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for its initial public offering (IPO).
- Does HP Dividend Hike Relieve Some Separation Anxiety? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 9:10 AM EDT
Hewlett-Packard announced Thursday morning that it will raise its quarterly dividend by 10%.
- Sterne Agee Issues Stern Warning On Chesapeake Energy Benzinga - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 9:09 AM EDT
Sterne Agee is out with a harsh criticism of Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK ) Thursday morning, while downgrading the company to Underperform with a $9 price target on the $14 stock. Sterne's ...
- UBS Has Just 5 Chip Stocks to Buy Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
A new report from UBS focuses in on just five semiconductor stocks for clients to consider now.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Chesapeake, eBay, Enterprise, Gilead, Newmont, Wynn and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 8:05 AM EDT
Thursday's top analyst upgrades and downgrades include Chesapeake Energy, eBay, Enterprise Products Partners, Gilead Sciences, Newmont Mining and Wynn Resorts.
- 6 Big Dividend Hikes Expected Soon @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 6:30 AM EDT
24/7 Wall St. takes a look at six more key dividend hikes that investors should be expecting within the next 30 to 45 days.
- Wednesday's After-Hours Movers: Guess?, NQ Mobile And More Benzinga - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 9:37 PM EDT
Guess?, Inc. (NYSE: GES ) jumped more than 12 percent in Wednesday's after-hours session to $18.80 after the company posted fourth-quarter results above the Wall Street consensus. NQ Mobile Inc (NYSE: ...
- Wall St. surges as Fed statement relieves rate worries Reuters - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
U.S. stocks rallied on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve suggested a less aggressive timeline for raising interest rates even as it opened the door for the first hike in almost a decade. The Fed dropped its pledge to be "patient" in deciding when to begin raising rates, but it cut its interest-rate projections over the …
- Is Intercept The Next Biotech To Break Out? Benzinga - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 4:10 PM EDT
Biotech stocks have been breaking to new highs all over the market. Here are just a few: Esperion Therapeutics broke to a new high last week and skyrocketed Tuesday. Ampio Pharmaceuticals bolted higher ...