- New Ebola Fears in NYC Make Major Ebola Stock Waves (Updated) @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Just when you thought the Ebola virus outbreak risk was dwindling down… Fresh headlines from Dow Jones and the New York post have put the markets on Ebola watch all over again. The location could not be ...
- 5 Dividend-Paying Stocks With Beaten-Down Prices @ Barrons.com - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
By Michael Vallo You don’t have to be an income investor to like dividend stocks, especially when they've been beaten down like Baker Hughes (BHI) and Oshkosh (OSK) have. Don Wordell only buys dividend-paying companies, and yet the RidgeWorth Mid-Cap Value Fund (SAMVX) yields less than 1%. Wordell isn’t in it for the …
- Sidoti Files for IPO: Wall Street Boutique Firm @ 24/7 Wall St. - 4 hours ago
Sidoti & Co. has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for an initial public offering.
- 5 Stocks That Will Benefit as Construction Boom Continues in 2015 @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
One source of growth for the economy continuing to fight back five years after the Great Recession is commercial construction.
- J.P. Morgan Energy Stocks to Buy If $80 a Barrel Oil Is Here for Good @ 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
The energy team at J.P. Morgan have made the case the oil exploration and production stocks are fairly valued.
- Celator Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing Of A $12.9M Public Offering Of Common Stock And Warrants To … Benzinga - 10 hours ago
Celator Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:CPXX), a pharmaceutical company developing new and more effective therapies to treat cancer, today announced the pricing of an underwritten public offering of 6,611,150 ...
- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Announces Closing Of Public Offering of Common Stock Benzinga - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 4:12 PM EDT
Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTPH ) today announced the closing of its underwritten public offering of 4,542,500 shares of common stock at an offering price of $19.00 per share. The shares ...
- [$$] Microsoft on Firm Ground Ahead of Earnings News @ Barrons.com - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 1:29 PM EDT
Bulls are cautiously circling Microsoft ahead of Thursday’s earnings. With the stock trading just under $45, investors are selling Microsoft’s (MSFT) November $38 puts and November $47 calls. The trades express a view that the technology giant is not likely to fall or rally far from its current stock price. Should the …
- Yahoo! Jumps 6%: Mayer Defends Capital Stewardship; FBR Ups to Buy Citing BABA Tax Shield @ Barrons.com - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 11:16 AM EDT
During a conference call following the report, CEO Marissa Mayer defended both her turnaround of the company’s advertising fortunes, and also her stewardship of the company’s cash, having just received $9.4 billion in the Alibaba Group Holding (BABA) IPO last month. Now that she’s past Alibaba, to the extent she can get …
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AOL, ARM, Coke, Cree, 3D Systems, Ocwen, Groupon and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 8:55 AM EDT
These are the top analyst upgrades and downgrades featured by 24/7 Wall St. for Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
- Cowen’s 4 Top Tech Stocks to Buy Before and After Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 8:45 AM EDT
Cowen highlights four top technology stocks in a new research note that may be good fits for any aggressive growth portfolio.
- Tech Five: Yahoo shares surge off earnings @ USA TODAY - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 8:40 AM EDT
Company says it netted more than $6 billion off sale of Alibaba shares.
- 5 Well-Known Russell 2000 Stocks With Up to 100% Potential Upside @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 8:25 AM EDT
A new research note from Jefferies highlights several top Russell 2000 stocks that the analysts at the firm like right now.
- Doubts grow over Shanghai-Hong Kong stock connect @ Financial Times - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 8:13 AM EDT
Asian banks and investors have asked regulators for a month's notice before the start of the Shanghai-Hong Kong stock connect, throwing more doubts over the launch date of the equity trading scheme. The ...
- Yahoo earnings soar on Alibaba windfall @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:14 PM EDT
Yahoo's third-quarter earnings soared as the Internet company collected a huge windfall from Alibaba's recent initial public offering. Revenue also rose slightly from the previous year, a welcome change ...
- Macau: Gaming Revenue Continues To Soften In October @ Barrons.com - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:10 PM EDT
Average daily gaming revenue softened to 761 million Hong Kong dollars for the period between October 13 and 19, 5% lower than the HK$800 million between October 7 and 12, reported Barclays this morning. ...
- How Fiat Chrysler And Other Automakers Performed On First Days Of Trading Benzinga - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 3:08 PM EDT
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (NYSE: FCAU ) finally gave investors the chance to trade stocks of Chrysler again when it was launched on the New York Stock Exchange October 13. It has been more than seven ...
- Midday Gainers From October 21: Aircastle, American Airlines, Agios Pharmaceuticals Benzinga - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 1:44 PM EDT
Bitauto Holdings (NYSE: BITA ) +9% - Shares continue to show strength from the $64 support level. In addition, auto stocks received positive coverage from a couple investment firms on Tuesday. Agios Pharmaceuticals ...
- Jefferies Downgrades BHP, Lowers Metals Price Targets @ Barrons.com - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
With commodities reflecting balances or surpluses in supplies, and risks to demand, Jefferies lowered its price forecasts for metals and coal, and downgraded BHP Billiton. Jefferies lowered its commodity price forecasts and cut earnings estimates for mining companies it covers by an average of 21% in 2015. Its new estimates …
- [$$] 8 Really Cheap Stocks @ Barrons.com - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 10:52 AM EDT
Yet having the courage of his convictions lets Tim Rudderow tune out the daily headlines. Every six months he and his team use a proprietary model to pinpoint the 20 deepest value stocks of the S&P 500, and the fund buys those names and holds them for a year. The strategy doesn’t lend itself well toward downside protection, …
- Lemelson Capital Management Announces Stake In Geospace Technologies Benzinga - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 10:36 AM EDT
Lemelson Capital Management announced on Monday it has acquired a 2 percent stake in Geospace Technologies Corp (NASDAQ: GEOS ). Lemelson Capital Management made headlines recently when BarclayHedge, a ...
- Peak Resorts Files for IPO: Ski Resorts @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Peak Resorts has filed its paperwork with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering.
- Recent Market Weakness Has Put 4 Top Technology Stocks On Sale @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 9:26 AM EDT
After four straight down weeks in the market, the longest such streak since 2011, investors are starting to feel that maybe some of the worst damage is over, at least for now.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Apple, BHP, Ford, GM, IBM, NetEase, Shire and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
These are the top analyst upgrades and downgrades featured by 24/7 Wall St. for Tuesday, October 21, 2014.
- 5 Stocks To Watch Ahead Of Halloween Benzinga - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 7:05 AM EDT
The upcoming holiday offers something to look forward to for candy and snack food makers such as Hershey Co (NYSE: HSY ) and Mondelez International Inc (NASDAQ: MDLZ ), retailers such as The Kroger Co. ...
- Sears, Walgreen And Others Insiders Have Been Buying Benzinga - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 6:56 AM EDT
Sears and Walgreen are among the companies that have seen insider buying recently as the market has become turbulent. Insiders may sell shares for any number of reasons, but conventional wisdom says that ...
- Cramer Remix: Drooling investors circle Apple CNBC - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 7:02 PM EDT
- Midday Gainers From October 20: SinoCoking Coal Up 70%, ITT And Sears Also Rise Benzinga - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
SinoCoking Coal and Coke Chem Ind, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOK ) +73% - The company announced that its carbon dioxide conversion facility began operations on October 18. ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE: ESI ...
- Multiple Firms Bullish On CONE Midstream Shares Following Lockup Expiration Benzinga - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 12:03 PM EDT
Shares of CONE Midstream Partners LP (NYSE: CNNX ) are trending higher in Monday's session as the lock-up period for the shares has expired. Following the expiration, analysts at several firms initiated ...
- 3 Cloud and Communication Stocks to Buy With Big Dividends and Upside @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
Oppenheimer analysts think that the top picks in cloud and communication stocks offer superb growth potential.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AIG, Align Tech, Cliffs, Cyber-Ark, MannKind, Micron and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 8:45 AM EDT
These are the top analyst upgrades and downgrades featured by 24/7 Wall St. for Monday, October 20, 2014.
- Merrill Lynch’s 5 Destroyed Biotech Stocks With 100% or More Upside Potential @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 8:35 AM EDT
A new report from Merrill Lynch highlights five biotechs that have been absolutely crushed but have outstanding potential and catalysts that can drive them much higher.
- Sears Announces Rights Offer and Leasing Deal 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
Two announcements Monday morning from Sears Holdings are intended to put some cash in the company's coffers, but in quite different ways.
- Shares in Dutch feed company Nutreco surge Associated Press - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 5:23 AM EDT
AMSTERDAM (AP) — Shares in Dutch animal and fish feed supplier Nutreco NV have surged after the company announced a management-backed 2.69 billion ($3.43 billion) takeover offer from privately-owned trading company SHV Holdings.
- Lending Club picks NYSE for landmark IPO @ Financial Times - Sun, Oct 19, 2014 12:43 PM EDT
Lending Club, the world's biggest peer-to-peer lender, has chosen the New York Stock Exchange for its hotly-anticipated initial public offering, say people familiar with the planned listing. The IPO is ...
- IPO Week Ahead: E-Cigarette Maker Tops the List @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 9:45 AM EDT
Earlier this year, the IPO market couldn't get enough biotech. To say things have gotten tougher for those usually high-risk, high-reward plays is to put it mildly.
- Huge Market Sell-Off Sparks Some Gigantic Insider Buying @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
Nothing like the biggest market sell-off in years to get insiders' taste buds warmed up to do some buying.
- [$$] 13D Filings @ Barrons.com - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Subsequent changes in holdings or intentions must be reported in amended filings. Source: InsiderScore.com On Sept. 25, Civeo announced it would continue as a corporation and redomicile to Canada after it considered, among other things, a potential conversion to a real estate investment trust. Hedge fund Greenlight Capital …
- Virgin Money pulls out of London listing @ Financial Times - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:35 PM EDT
Virgin Money has pulled out of listing on the stock market this month, days after another "challenger" bank Aldermore aborted its planned flotation. Virgin, which is part-owned by entrepreneur ...
- The 52-Week Low Club for Friday @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
October 17, 2014: Friday appears to have been get-well day on U.S. exchanges — even crude oil made a bit of a comeback after dropping below $80 a barrel Thursday morning. Here are four stocks among the ...
- Ebola Stocks Move in Different Directions @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
Recently we have seen a surge in Ebola-related stocks across the board, but Friday trading brought a mixed view for this group.
- Back to the Future With Fiber Optic Firm Zayo’s IPO @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
Zayo Group priced its initial public offering of 21 million shares on Thursday and began trading Friday morning.
- 5 Underperforming S&P Stocks to Buy Now @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
To find out, we sifted through the index's losers over the past 12 months and sorted out those that our favorite stock fund managers have recently acquired, as well as those that are favorably rated by Wall Street analysts. All are contrarian bets and come with above-average risk, and all will require some (or maybe a …
- Boardroom trades October 18 @ Financial Times - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:05 PM EDT
Ocado non-executive director Douglas McCallum is the one to watch at the online grocer; he has a stellar share-trading record. When he joined three years ago, the shares were above 90p. He waited for nine ...
- Mark Cuban Tweets That Someone Will Buy Netflix Benzinga - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:52 AM EDT
Dallas Maverick owner and technology entrepreneur Mark Cuban tweeted on Friday that he is buying shares of Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX ). Cuban noted that shares of Netflix's market cap of approximately ...
- Macquarie Adjusts Recommendations On Several Retail Stocks Benzinga - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:06 AM EDT
On Thursday, Macquarie Research analyst Laurent Vasilescu adjusted the investment rating and price targets on multiple retail stocks: Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF ) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral; maintained ...
- 4 Tech Stocks Continue to Benefit From Soaring Storage Demand @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Piper Jaffray recently conducted its third-quarter 2014 Value Added Reseller Storage survey and found business is strong and top companies are getting stronger.
- J.P. Morgan Sees Big Buying Opportunity in Battered Solar Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
The analysts at J.P. Morgan say that since solar stocks have traded down so significantly, a huge buying opportunity may be at hand.
- Why Container Store Is Now at Post-IPO Low! 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 9:13 AM EDT
The Container Store Group posted a new post-IPO low Wednesday morning following a dismal earnings report. The worse news, though, came in Container Store's guidance.
- UBS’s Big List of Quality Stocks to Buy Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 8:35 AM EDT
UBS polled all of its analysts, who came up with 26 stocks by now. Here are the ones that offer large cap growth with the best upside.