- Few Insiders Selling Stock as Market Volatility Spikes Higher @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
Nothing gets insiders and owners of stock a little nervous more than markets trading near all-time highs, and volatility starting to rear its ugly head.
- Volatile Market Week Doesn’t Stop Insiders From Buying Stock @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
With volatility spiking much higher than last year, one thing that bodes well for equity investors is the number of insiders that continue to add to their holdings.
- A Stable Play in Volatile Markets @ Barrons.com - 12 hours ago
Corning (GLW) recently reported fourth quarter earnings that were stronger than expected. The condition of the dividend is that investors must be willing to buy the stock if it falls below the $22 strike price at expiration. The proximity of the strike and stock prices raises issues that are important to understand because …
- Revenge of the Giants in Stock Picks @ Barrons.com - 15 hours ago
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and Credit Suisse Group took top honors in the latest Barron’s-Zacks ranking of focus-list stock selections—each list a compilation of a broker’s best stock ideas—elbowing aside the smaller brokers that had notched impressive victories in a string of previous surveys. As was the case in …
- 4 Ways Shake Shack Is Not Like a Tech IPO (Despite Its Price) The Fiscal Times - 21 hours ago
Hot off the grill, Shake Shack (NYSE:SHAK) shares more than doubled in their first day of trading, serving up a whopping $1.7 billion valuation for the New York-based burger joint. Chinese online retailer Alibaba (NASDAQ:BABA) was the world’s biggest IPO last September. Shake Shack’s opening day pop of 130 percent is …
- Shake Shack shares more than double in stock market debut Associated Press - 22 hours ago
- Shake Shack Jumps in Debut After Raising $105 Million in IPO Bloomberg - 22 hours ago
Shares of the burger chain more than doubled to $45.90 at the close in New York, giving it a market value of $1.6 billion. Shake Shack sold 5 million shares for $21 apiece in the IPO, according to a statement Thursday, after offering them for $17 to $19 each. The strong IPO is an indication of shifting attitudes toward …
- The 4 Stocks That Sank the DJIA on Friday @ 24/7 Wall St. - 23 hours ago
January 30, 2015: Markets opened lower on Friday after the report on GDP showed expansion in the U.S. economy was less than expected. Equities traded in the red in all sectors but basic materials for ...
- Stocks That Battle Cancer Were The Best-Performing Biotechs In January Benzinga - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 1:03 PM EST
Motif Investing is a new way for investors to own a collection of stocks in a certain "motif." Through the website, an investor can easily identify which trends might be profitable and buy an ...
- Shake Shock: Shake Shack's IPO is Out of Control @ Barrons.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 12:28 PM EST
Shake Shack's (SHAK) IPO is officially out of control. Shares of Shake Shack are trading at $48.55 at 12:08 p.m. today, up more than 130% from the offering price of 21. As a result, Shake Shack now has ...
- Why you should buy energy stocks now: Expert CNBC - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 12:04 PM EST
- Shake Shack IPO Debuts as Home Run @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 11:05 AM EST
The latest entry into the fast-casual dining space made a big noise Friday morning, when Shake Shack began trading at over $47 a share.
- Is HOG A Hog? Wedbush Says 2015 Story Intact Benzinga - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 11:04 AM EST
Harley-Davidson Inc (NYSE: HOG ) on Thursday reported its fourth-quarter results in which the company earned $0.35 per share, a penny better than the Street's estimates but a penny short of what James ...
- Shake Shack soars to $1.7bn on debut @ Financial Times - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 10:46 AM EST
Shake Shack, the high-end American burger chain founded by acclaimed restaurateur Danny Meyer, has more than doubled in value to $1.7bn on its debut on the New York Stock Exchange. The shares opened at ...
- Morgan Stanley's 5 Key Reasons For Ally Financial Overweight Rating Benzinga - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 10:21 AM EST
Morgan Stanley on Friday reviewed Ally Financial Inc (NYSE: ALLY ). Analysts rate the bank as Overweight and lowered their price target from $30.00 to $27.00. Morgan Stanley wrote, “With expected loss ...
- UBS Spots 5 Very Oversold Stocks With Possible February Reversals @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 10:20 AM EST
Obviously the overall market has been in a topsy-turvy mode for most of the January trading days, and earnings for the most part have been good, but very mixed.
- Wedbush Says Outerwall Remains A Value Stock Benzinga - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 9:15 AM EST
Outerwall Inc (NASDAQ: OUTR ) is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter results after market close on February 5. Michael Pachter of Wedbush commented in a note on Thursday that the company is expected ...
- Top Analysts Defend Battered Technology Stock Leaders @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 8:45 AM EST
The whole week has been one train-wreck after another for some of the top technology stocks. Not just marginal players have been stung, but market share leaders have been taken to the woodshed.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Cameron, Dollar General, Genworth, Groupon, SunPower, Visa, Yahoo … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 8:15 AM EST
Friday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Cameron International, Dollar General, Genworth Financial, Groupon, SunPower, Visa and Yahoo.
- Shake Shack IPO prices above expected range @ USA TODAY - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 9:24 PM EST
Hamburger chain Shake Shack has priced its initial public stock offering at $21 per share, above its proposed range of $17 to $19 per share.
- Shake Shack IPO: Everything You Need to Know The Fiscal Times - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 4:15 PM EST
Burger chain Shake Shack is expected to go public Friday in a much-hyped IPO that’s just the latest sign of the rise of so-called fast-casual restaurants that promise higher quality food, even if it is at higher prices than those at giant chains like McDonald’s. McDonald’s shares are flat over the past year, trailing the …
- The 4 Stocks That Lifted the DJIA on Thursday @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 4:01 PM EST
January 29, 2015: Markets opened slightly higher on Thursday then sank before making a comeback later in the day. Only the oil and gas sector is trading lower as the day’s session draws to a close. Shortly ...
- Delta Will Fly Higher, One Big Investor Bets @ Barrons.com - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 3:00 PM EST
Delta Air Lines may be an exception to investor fears that volatility will be the key trait of what is widely expected to be a difficult year on Wall Street. On Wednesday, Delta (DAL) attracted massive bullish action in the options market in anticipation that the almost $50 stock surges to $70 by mid-September. The new …
- Two New Biotech IPOs Debut Friday, One Deal Delayed Benzinga - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 1:47 PM EST
Although Spark Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ONCE ) and Shake Shack Inc (NYSE: SHAK ) are the most hyped deals of the week, there are two other biotech deals that will debut on Friday, January 30. TRACON Pharmaceuticals ...
- Analysts Give Lukewarm Reception To Las Vegas Sands Earnings Benzinga - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 10:20 AM EST
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS ) beat earnings expectations Wednesday night with a headline income of $0.90 per share, compared with expectations of $0.81. Revenue fell to $3.42 billion from $3.66 billion, ...
- Jefferies Has 5 Large Cap Tech Stocks to Buy Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 10:15 AM EST
In a new research note from Jefferies, five top tech companies are standouts in the firm's coverage universe.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Apple, Arch Coal, Boeing, Petrobras, Qualcomm and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 8:40 AM EST
Thursday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Apple, Arch Coal, Boeing, Petrobras and Qualcomm.
- 5 Stocks That Should See Huge Buying on Russell Month-End Index Changes @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 8:20 AM EST
A new research note from the quantitative strategies team at Jefferies highlights the top buys and sells for the Russell 1000 and Russell 2000. These five companies will see the most shares bought on the ...
- Options Strategist: Selloff In Alibaba Is An Opportunity For This 'Must Own' Stock Benzinga - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 8:03 AM EST
Thursday morning's post-earnings selloff in Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) is an opportunity to get into a “must own” stock, according to an options strategist. Alibaba has come down significantly ...
- First Solar, SunEdison Buck Trend In Solar Short Interest Benzinga - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 7:30 AM EST
First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSLR ) and Sunedison Inc (NYSE: SUNE ) bucked the short interest trend among the leading U.S. solar-related stocks between the December 31 and January 15 settlement dates. Real ...
- Short Sellers Move On Google, Pandora, Yelp Benzinga - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 7:26 AM EST
Among the leading social media companies based in the United States, short interest in Google Inc (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) A shares, Pandora Media Inc (NYSE: P ) and Yelp Inc (NYSE: YELP ) grew by the largest ...
- Wedbush Analyst Says Facebook Trading Down Due To Disappointing Ad Revenue Benzinga - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 5:11 PM EST
Speaking to Benzinga, Wedbush Analyst Shyam Patil said that shares of Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) are trading down in the after-hours session due to disappointing ad revenue. While Patil was still going ...
- Yahoo Stock Undervalued Ahead of Alibaba Spinoff @ Barrons.com - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 3:15 PM EST
Yahoo (YHOO) made the right move for investors yesterday in deciding to spin off its hugely valuable stake in Alibaba Group (BABA) to shareholders in a tax-free manner rather than trying to keep some of the proceeds for corporate use. Yahoo shares are up about a $1, or 2%, to $49 in afternoon trading and there could be …
- Las Vegas Sands Shares Fall Ahead Of Q4 Results Benzinga - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 2:45 PM EST
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS ) shares fell ahead of its fourth-quarter earnings report expected Wednesday after the bell. The company changed hands recently at $56.30, down 1 percent. During the past ...
- What You Need To Know About The Spark Therapeutics IPO Benzinga - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 2:06 PM EST
Six companies are set to go public on Friday. Below are details on the most anticipated biotech deal of the week. The two best deals of the week are thought to be Spark Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ONCE ) ...
- Shake Shack Boosts IPO Price Range @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 1:55 PM EST
In an amended filing with the SEC, Shake Shack has raised its expected price range for the company's pending initial public offering to a new range of $17 to $19 a share.
- How Investors Can Play Starbucks and Microsoft @ Barrons.com - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 1:28 PM EST
Have a short call with your Starbucks coffee. With Wedbush analyst Nick Setyan calling for the $88 stock to hit $100 on the strength of a recent earnings report, investors can sell Starbucks’ January $100 call for $3.10. The strategy works for investors who own the stock, and want to secure the analysts’ target price. …
- Icahn: Short squeeze is driving Apple stock higher CNBC - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 12:51 PM EST
- Apple stock pushes toward record after massive holiday sales @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 12:19 PM EST
Apple stock hopped Wednesday after the tech giant announced record profit and revenue in the holiday-shopping quarter, nearing the company's all-time high as analysts predicted more growth to come.
- What to Expect From EMC Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 12:05 PM EST
Storage giant EMC is scheduled to report earnings Thursday morning before the opening bell.
- Short Sellers Starting to Gang Up on Biotech @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 11:00 AM EST
24/7 Wall St. has reviewed the top biotech companies, without focusing on speculative companies. For the majority of the selected stocks, short interest is down.
- Short Sellers Move Back Into 3D Printing Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 10:50 AM EST
Short interest in the two-week period ending January 15 rose for all four of the 3D printing stocks we follow.
- Short Interest in Solar and Alt Energy Stocks Mixed, With One Big Move @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 10:15 AM EST
Short interest among most of the solar and alternative energy stocks we cover made some modest moves in the two-week reporting period that ended on January 15.
- Short Sellers Run for Cover in Semiconductor Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 9:15 AM EST
Recent short interest moves show that investors seem to be growing marginally more optimistic on the semiconductor industry as a whole, as short interest is dropping for the most part.
- J.P. Morgan’s 5 Applied Technologies Stocks to Sell Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 8:55 AM EST
Here are five applied technologies stocks rated Underperform now at J.P. Morgan, with some of the firm's rationale on why they are.
- HanesBrands Raise Quarterly Dividend To $0.40 From $0.30, Announces 4-For-1 Stock Splot Benzinga - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 8:32 AM EST
HanesBrands (NYSE: HBI ), a leading marketer of everyday basic apparel under world-class brands in the Americas, Asia and Europe, today announced that its Board of Directors is raising the company's quarterly ...
- UBS Makes First Changes to 2015 Dividend Ruler Stock List @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 8:30 AM EST
A new report from UBS includes the first 2015 changes to the firm's Dividend Ruler list of stocks to buy. We screened the list for the current highest yielding stocks.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AOL, Caterpillar, Goodyear, Southwest, Synchrony, Yahoo and Mor … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 8:15 AM EST
Wednesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include AOL, Caterpillar, Goodyear, Southwest Airlines, Synchrony and Yahoo.
- The 5 Most Shorted NYSE Stocks in Early January @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Advanced Micro Devices has disappeared from among the most shorted stocks on the New York Stock Exchange, but that was because its listing moved to the Nasdaq.
- The 5 Most Shorted Nasdaq Stocks in Early January @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 6:50 AM EST
Advanced Micro Devices joined the most heavily shorted stocks changing hands on the Nasdaq as the new year got underway. Before that it was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.