- Apparel Retailers Break Out: How to Pocket Gains @ Barrons.com - 13 minutes ago
The breakout event was driven by Gap Inc. (GPS), which jumped Friday after the company announced a new $1 billion share buyback program, which follows its previous $500 million program announced last October. They may not have formed official breakouts but many, such as L Brands (LB) have been in solid bull trends for …
- Goodrich Offers 12 Million Shares in Secondary Offering @ 24/7 Wall St. - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Goodrich Petroleum announced Monday morning that it would have a secondary public offering of 12 million shares.
- Nasdaq hits 5,000 after 15-year absence @ Financial Times - 3 hours ago
After an absence of 15 years, investors briefly watched the Nasdaq Composite trade above the fabled 5,000 threshold on Monday. The US technology benchmark previously stood above this level in March 2000 ...
- Warren Buffett's Best Dividend Stocks @ Kiplinger - 3 hours ago
Consider adding these big payers, all owned by Berkshire Hathaway, to your portfolio.
- First Take: Back to the future — Nasdaq 5000 circa 2015 @ USA TODAY - 5 hours ago
The tech-packed index tops 5000 for the first time since the dot-com crash in 2000.
- 5 Dividend Stocks to Buy as European Index Crushes S&P 500 @ 24/7 Wall St. - 5 hours ago
Owning a few top European stocks in a well-balanced portfolio makes good sense at this juncture, especially with the U.S. markets hovering near all-time highs.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: CenturyLink, IBM, Isis, J.C. Penney, Wayfair and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - 7 hours ago
Monday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include CenturyLink, IBM, Isis Pharmacutical, J.C. Penney and Wayfair.
- 3 Blue-Chip Tech Stocks That Are Cheaper Now Than Last Year @ 24/7 Wall St. - 8 hours ago
Any way you look at it, the current stock market is rich. Yet, three of the UBS's four top IT hardware stocks are actually trading cheaper that a year ago.
- Short-sellers abstain as China opens door @ Financial Times - 13 hours ago
A new scheme allowing global investors to short-sell mainland Chinese stocks through Hong Kong failed to attract a single order on its first day of operation, highlighting the flaws in the programme. The ...
- American Express, General Electric And Other Stocks Insiders Have Been Buying Benzinga - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 10:56 AM EST
Even with markets reaching for record highs, insider buying has remained strong of late. American Express, General Electric and Sprint were among those that have seen significant insider buys in the past ...
- 7 Top Earnings Previews for the Week Ahead @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 9:15 AM EST
24/7 Wall St. has put together a preview of some of the larger companies reporting in the first week of March, including Include Staples, Costco and Kroger.
- 5 Small Cap Analyst Stocks Under $10 With Massive Upside Potential @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST
Here are five recent analyst stock picks in the small cap arena with shares under $10 but with big upside potential.
- Bankia reports a rise in fourth-quarter profits @ Financial Times - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 11:02 AM EST
Bankia, the Spanish lender that came to embody the country's crisis, reported a rise in profits in the fourth quarter despite charges to compensate investors for its ill-fated 2011 initial public offering. ...
- Biotech, Digital Ad IPOs on Calendar for First Week of March @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 9:25 AM EST
Last week was a downer for initial public offerings. Perhaps the action will pick up a bit in the coming week with a couple of new IPOs scheduled to begin trading.
- Massive Insider Selling as Market Hits Record Highs @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 9:15 AM EST
We cover insider selling each week at 24/7 Wall St., and despite the big numbers and share counts that are starting to hit the tape, there is no immediate reason for alarm.
- Huge Blue-Chip Purchases Highlight Recent Insider Buying @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 9:10 AM EST
The insider buying data that hit our screens this week showed not only a marked increase in the trade size, but also in the dollar values.
- 13D Filings @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:03 AM EST
Source: InsiderScore.com On Feb. 19, Sarissa Capital Management notified Ariad of its intent to appear at the company’s 2015 annual meeting and nominate Richard Mulligan and Anna Protopapas to the eight-member staggered board of directors. It also declared its intention to “unseat” Harvey Berger, Ariad’s chairman and …
- Home Depot Boosts Payout 26% @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Tables: Week’s Dividend Payments: NYSE | Nasdaq | AMEX Week’s Ex-Dividend Payments: NYSE | Nasdaq | AMEX The world’s largest home-improvement chain is sprucing up its shares with a heftier dividend and a new buyback plan. Home Depot ratcheted up its quarterly dividend 26% last week, to 59 cents per common share from …
- Emerging Market Dividend Payers Currently Offer Value Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:05 PM EST
Emerging market dividend payers are offering value, given their high volatility.
- Big Short Interest Swings In Semiconductor Stocks Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:41 AM EST
Early February brought some big swings in the short interest among the leading semiconductor stocks. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ: MRVL ), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA ) and QUALCOMM, Inc. ...
- Why Short Sellers Piled On eBay Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:40 AM EST
eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY ) stood out among the leading social media companies based in the United States for its surge short interest between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates. Short sellers ...
- 5 Reasons Deutsche Bank Thinks This Data Center REIT Is Now A Buy Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:39 AM EST
On February 26, Deutsche Bank upgraded mega-data center landlord QTS Realty Trust Inc (NYSE: QTS ) from Neutral to Buy, and raised its price target from $36 to $39, noting "strong growth ahead" ...
- 5 US Companies Focused on Returning Capital to Shareholders @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:15 AM EST
UBS reports that corporations are generating an incredible $1 trillion a year in cash, and the believe these five top companies will stay focused on returning capital to shareholders.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: BofA, CA, CBOE, CSX, FedEx, ITT, Potbelly and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 8:50 AM EST
Friday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Bank of America, CA, CBOE, CSX, FedEx, ITT and Potbelly.
- Gap shares jump on $1B stock buy-back @ USA TODAY - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:45 PM EST
Q4 earnings per share beat Wall Street forecasts by a penny
- Gap Climbs On $1B Buyback Plan, Dividend Raise @ Barrons.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 4:58 PM EST
Shares of Gap (GPS) were up more than 2% in after-hours trading, after it announced a new share repurchase plan and dividend. The first quarterly dividend will be distributed in April.
- The 4 Stocks That Curbed the DJIA Thursday @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 4:01 PM EST
February 26, 2015: Markets opened lower on Thursday following a reports of a rise in jobless claims, an increase in durable goods orders, and the CPI fell. Energy stocks were the drag on the DJIA again ...
- Has Biocept Reached an Inflection Point? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 3:35 PM EST
Biocept has seen its stock move up over 200% in the past week, only to give back about 20% in Thursday's trading.
- Goldman, JPMorgan Say Whole Foods Set for Gains @ Barrons.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:59 PM EST
Two of Wall Street’s top banks are telling investors to buy bullish calls ahead of Whole Foods Market’s first investor day meeting on Feb. 27. Goldman Sachs is telling clients to buy March $56.50 calls that expire March 6. JPMorgan likes buying March $56 calls that expire on the same day. Both trades pay off if the stock, …
- Short Sellers Come Back To Biotech Stocks Benzinga - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:25 PM EST
By and large, short interest among the leading biotechs and emerging pharmaceuticals reversed course and rose again between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates. Leading that trend were Amgen, ...
- The 5 NYSE Stocks With the Highest Short Interest in February @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 11:35 AM EST
Surges in short interest between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates lifted Pfizer and Verizon Communications into the top five most shorted stocks on the New York Stock Exchange. All of the ...
- Rising Share Prices Temper Short Interest in 3D Printing Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 9:40 AM EST
Short interest in the two-week period ending February 13 rose for three of four of the 3D printing stocks we follow.
- Short Sellers Increase Bets Against Biotech as Shares Continue to Rise @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 9:25 AM EST
The short interest data are out for the February 13 settlement date. 24/7 Wall St. has reviewed the top biotech companies, without focusing on speculative companies.
- 5 Top Jefferies Bank Stock Picks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:55 AM EST
A new research note from the analysts at Jefferies concedes that some of the biggest banks are very cheap, but that doesn’t necessarily make them a great buy now.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: American Express, Cablevision, Groupon, Salesforce.com, T-Mobile, … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:45 AM EST
hursday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include American Express, Cablevision, Groupon, Salesforce.com, T-Mobile and Yelp.
- Short Sellers Bet Against Semiconductor Giants @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:25 AM EST
Recent short interest moves show that investors now seem to be doubting the semiconductor industry, after the previous short interest report was fairly positive.
- Short Interest in Solar Stocks Declines as Crude Oil Prices Rise @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Short interest among solar and alternative energy stocks was mixed during the two-week reporting period that ended on February 13.
- The 5 Most Shorted Nasdaq Stocks in February @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 7:27 AM EST
There was no change in the ranking of the most heavily shorted stocks traded on the Nasdaq in early February, even though two of them saw significant drops.
- Despite Stock Market Highs, 13 Major Dividend Cuts @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:58 AM EST
Most major companies seem to be raising their dividends year after year. That may be the case for most companies, but certainly not all.
- GE: A Cheap Bet Shares Will Rally on Earnings @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:53 PM EST
General Electric, which is as widely held as it is mistrusted, is doing something rarely seen in recent years: trading strongly into earnings. With first-quarter earnings scheduled for April 17, investors are buying bullish calls in anticipation shares rally on the news. General Electric (GE) earnings are rarely treated …
- 8 Stories JP Morgan Is Watching Today Benzinga - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 12:28 PM EST
JP Morgan issued its top eight market stories to watch on Wednesday. 1. Silver In the silver space, Coeur Mining Inc (NYSE: CDE ) was downgraded from Neutral to Underweight while Hecla Mining Company (NYSE: ...
- Why Was Trex Downgraded After An Earnings Beat? These Analysts Explain Benzinga - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST
Despite strong fourth quarter sales and earnings, Trex Company, Inc. (NYSE: TREX ) was downgraded at Stifel on Wednesday morning, from a Buy to a Hold. Trading above $48, the valuation “looks stretched,” ...
- Jamie Dimon Readies J.P. Morgan Investors for Much Larger Dividends Ahead @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:50 AM EST
Many investors will cheer the dividend and shareholder treatment comments from J.P. Morgan's investors day presentation by Jamie Dimon.
- Markets subdued ahead of Yellen's second testimony @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:35 AM EST
U.S. financial markets eased back from record highs in early trading Wednesday. Investors were monitoring corporate earnings from Lowe's, Target and several other companies. Federal Reserve Chair Janet ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Coeur, Comcast, First Solar, Marvell, ONEOK, Whole Foods and Mo … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Wednesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Coeur Mining, Comcast, First Solar, Marvell Technology, ONEOK and Whole Foods.
- Analyst Stocks Hitting 52-Week Highs That Are Still a Buy Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 8:50 AM EST
Jefferies tracks stocks in the S&P 500 Index touching or very close to 52-week highs. These five stocks are rated Buy at the firm.
- Is Alibaba Headed Back to the IPO Price or Lower as Lock-Up Expirations Near? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 8:35 AM EST
At the right price, Alibaba probably is a tremendous long-term stock to have in an aggressive growth portfolio. The question is, what is that price?
- Postal Savings Bank Of China Seeks $25 Billion IPO, And Pre-IPO Investors @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:06 AM EST
We may have a Chinese IPO that rivals Alibaba Group's (BABA) next year. China Daily reported today that Postal Savings Bank of China, China's sixth largest lender by assets, is seeking to raise up to $25 billion in an IPO next year. The bank, currently owned by the national postal service provider China Post Group Corp., …
- GoDaddy takes another step to IPO @ USA TODAY - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:52 PM EST
GoDaddy took another step to becoming a publicly traded company Tuesday
- Shake Shack's So Expensive Not Even Its Lead Underwriters Rate It a Buy @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 3:50 PM EST
How expensive is Shake Shack (SHAK)? Sure we can look at its forward price-earnings ratio of 620, and say very. Or we can take the words of its two lead underwriters, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan, who didn't ...