- With Investors Hungry for Fast-Casual Chicken, El Pollo Loco Makes Strong Public Debut Entrepreneur - 13 hours ago
- El Pollo IPO Going Loco 24/7 Wall St. - 13 hours ago
El Pollo Loco sold 7.14 million shares in an initial public offering Friday morning. The opening price was more than 25% above the top of the expected price range.
- Key Short Interest Changes in Defensive High-Yield Dividend Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - 13 hours ago
The short interest data for the July 15 settlement date is out and we have compared the defensive dividend stocks, aside of utilities, to what has happened since the June 30 settlement date. The interesting ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Amazon, Brightcove, Exxon, GM, Mylan, Petrobras, Twitter and Many … @ 24/7 Wall St. - 15 hours ago
These are this Friday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations from Wall Street firms on Friday, July 25, 2015. They include Amazon.com, Brightcove, Exxon, GM, Mylan, Petrobras and Twitter.
- Short Sellers Pour Back Into 3D Printing Sector 24/7 Wall St. - 16 hours ago
Short interest rose in all four of the 3D printing companies we follow, and it rose very steeply in one of the four. In the prior two-week period, share price hikes indicated a likely short squeeze, but ...
- The 5 Most Heavily Shorted Nasdaq Stocks: Who Bucked the Trend? @ 24/7 Wall St. - 17 hours ago
Short sellers shied away from four of the top five most shorted stocks on the Nasdaq between the June 30 and July 15 settlement dates. The outlier was Frontier Communications, which saw a small rise in ...
- IPOs Get Bigger but Leave Less for Public Investors @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
As companies stay private longer, public investors miss out on gains
- YTD Biggest Buyback Companies Trailing S&P In Stock Appreciation Benzinga - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
Stock buybacks are running at a near record pace in the year to date, but contrary to expectations, those with the highest buy-back ratios have trailed the S&P 500 index. The S&P 500 Buyback Index , which ...
- SodaStream Shares Sizzle in Anticipation of Private Buyer StockTwits - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:35 PM EDT
Sodastream getting significant boost from rumors of potential buyout.
- Meet the $100 Facebook Analyst Stock Call @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 12:35 PM EDT
It is without a doubt that Facebook hit a home run on its earnings report on Wednesday night. If Jefferies is right in its assessment, Facebook shares could be headed to $100.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Boeing, Facebook, Markit, Qualcomm, Verizon, Unisys and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations from Wall Street firms for Thursday, July 24, 2014. They include Boeing, Facebook, F5 Networks, Markit, Qualcomm, Verizon and Unisys.
- Searching for Cynk: The $6 Billion Penny-Stock Debacle, From Belize to Las Vegas @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Cynk had no assets and no revenue. But it got a $6 billion valuation. Then it blew up
- A Closer Look At Three Hot Restaurant IPOs Benzinga - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
It has been an outstanding year thus far for companies looking to raise money and go public. In fact, while 2013 was a record year for new offerings, 2014 may be even better. One of the more active sectors ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: DuPont, GE, King, Microsoft, Xilinx, McDonald’s and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:45 AM EDT
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations from Wall Street firms for Wednesday, July 23, 2014. They include DuPont, General Electric, King, Microsoft, Xilinx and McDonald's.
- Credit Suisse’s Top Mid-Cap Stocks to Buy for Rest of 2014 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
The Credit Suisse team, in a new report, says investors may want to look at the top mid-cap companies to own. They are also advising clients to avoid come of the popular and over-owned stocks.
- [$$] Facebook Earnings Offer An Options Opportunity @ Barrons.com - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
Strong engagement data is propelling Facebook into Wednesday's second-quarter earnings report. The social media company's market share of all time spent on the Internet was about 18% in June for desktops, and 20% for mobile devices, according to comScore data cited by JPMorgan research. Doug Anmuth, who follows Facebook …
- Investment Technology Up On News Activist Holder Buys 6.3% Stake Benzinga - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 3:28 PM EDT
Investment Technology (NYSE: ITG ) shares jumped more than four percent on news an activist investor group acquired a 6.3 percent stake and plans to lobby for its sale. The group, headed by Philadelphia ...
- Transocean Partners Submits IPO Filing 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 3:12 PM EDT
Transocean Partners LLC, a spin-off from Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG), has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for an initial public offering (IPO) of 17.5 million common units ...
- Bank Of America Suggests 'Not Chasing Move' On Apache Activist Investor Benzinga - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 2:18 PM EDT
Apache (NYSE: APA ) shares are trading five percent higher Tuesday following news that Jana has taken a $1 billion stake in the company. In response to Jana's new stake Apache, Bank of America has issued ...
- El Pollo Loco Sets IPO Terms, Remains Above Original Estimates 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
El Pollo Loco Holdings has set its formal terms for an initial public offering (IPO). Be advised that these terms can change before the formal IPO, literally up until the final hours ahead of the event. ...
- Compass Point: The Bull Case For Zion Bancorp Benzinga - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 11:02 AM EDT
Compass Point analyst Kevin Barker released a note upgrading Zion Bancorporation’s (NASDAQ: ZION ) rating from Neutral to Buy and raised the price target from $32 to $33. Barker said that due to several ...
- Puzzled by Investing Jargon? @ Morningstar - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
We clear up terms such as margin of safety, risk-free rate of return, and sensitive stocks.
- WH Group reboots Hong Kong IPO after cutting valuation @ Financial Times - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 2:25 AM EDT
WH Group, the world's largest pork producer, will list on the Hong Kong stock exchange on August 5, after dropping its targeted valuation significantly. The Sino-US company will now sell shares at $HK6.20, ...
- IPO Lookout: Lots of Action This Week, But Is Anything A Worthwhile Investment? Benzinga - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 4:37 PM EDT
The week of July 21 is a continuation of the IPO ramp-up, with 13 new issues expected to price, raising $1.5 billion in proceeds. Orion Engineered Carbons (NYSE: OEC ), the largest IPO, expects to price ...
- Tech Today: Apple Gets More Praise, Netflix, TI on Tap, EMC Action, Intel's Tablet Chips @ Barrons.com - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 12:02 PM EDT
Here are some things going on today in your world of tech: Shares of Apple (AAPL) are down 45 cents, or half a percent, at $93.98, despite two positive notes this morning, from JMP Securities's Alex Gauna raised his rating on the shares to Outperform from Market Perform, with a $135 price target, arguing Apple is poised …
- Activist Investors Could Face Trouble Influencing EMC and VMware Efforts @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 11:25 AM EDT
VMware could finally find itself independent of such strong control from former parent and super-majority shareholder EMC, but only with odds of "maybe" for investors and bookies.
- EMC Rising: Possible Elliott Action Highlights $35 to $37 Per Share Value, Says RBC @ Barrons.com - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 11:12 AM EDT
Shares of enterprise storage titan EMC (EMC) are up 88 cents, or 3.2%, at $27.86, after The Wall Street Journal's Dana Cimilluca and Shira Ovide this morning wrote that activist investors Elliott Management have taken a stake of more than $1 billion in the company, and are preparing to urge management to give up its 80% …
- UBS Cautious on Top Chip Stocks Before Earnings This Week 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
With some of the biggest companies in the semiconductor industry set to report numbers this week, the UBS team is giving investors insight into what may happen.
- Top IT and Data Stock Picks From Cowen for the Rest of 2014 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Jul 21, 2014 9:15 AM EDT
A new research report from the analysts at Cowen focuses on tech stocks that have flexed their muscle and added capacity in the past to be ready for the current and future increased demand.
- How Did Investors Beat The Market On Friday? Benzinga - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 3:53 PM EDT
The market saw five new initial public offerings (IPO) open for trading as the week came to a close. New issues for Friday were Globant (NYSE: GLOB ), Sage Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SAGE ), TubeMogul (NASDAQ: ...
- IPO Preview: The Deluge Continues 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 9:40 AM EDT
Of the 11 initial public offerings (IPOs) scheduled for the week ending July 19, the largest and arguably the most successful was that for TerraForm Power Inc. (NASDAQ: TERP), a yieldco spun off from SunEdison ...
- Top Stocks With Insider Buying and Selling This Week @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
After a week that had almost every possible component for investors, from good earnings to a steep sell-off to numerous geopolitical issues, there was still some sizable insider transactions on both the ...
- 12 Analyst Stocks to Buy Under $10 With Huge Potential Upside @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 9:16 AM EDT
In what started out as just another week with another round of highs for stocks, the picture changed by the time Thursday and Friday came around. Still, despite an Israeli ground troop effort and despite ...
- [$$] Juniper Networks: Why the Stock Could Climb 30% or More @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 12:22 AM EDT
Case in point, the trading in Juniper Networks, which in January attracted the attention of Elliott Management, a $25 billion multi-strategy hedge fund. The stock (JNPR) is up a mere 6% this year, at a recent $24, less than the Standard & Poor's 500's return thus far -- this despite the fact that Elliott, and the many …
- [$$] Europe's Recovery Now Looks a Little Frayed @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jul 19, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Dow Jones Global Indexes | Global Stock Markets The Portuguese banking drama has given investors a sharp reminder of how fragile the European recovery is, bringing defensive plays to the fore again only months after fund managers had started looking for growth stocks. The financial problems faced by Banco Espírito Santo's …
- Must-know: Will Alibaba help Yahoo? Market Realist - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
Before the IPO, Alibaba values itself at $130 billion.
- Less can be more when adding up IPO advisers @ Financial Times - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 1:28 PM EDT
How many advisers does it take to float a company? The answer these days seems to depend on the level of trust between the banks and the company's owners. A growing number of companies in UK and continental ...
- TubeMogul shares spike on first day of trading StockTwits - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 12:33 PM EDT
Video advertising company TubeMogul initiated trading Friday on the Nasdaq with a healthy pop. The company, which priced its shares at $7 late Thursday, made its market debut at $9 a share, enough for ...
- After slashing share prices, TubeMogul pops in first-day trading @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 11:48 AM EDT
TubeMogul stock soared in its market debut on Friday, with shares of the video-advertising company opening at $8.76, well above the $7 IPO price. Shares popped more than 25 percent within the first half-hour ...
- Investors See Long Term Potential in GE StockTwits - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 11:35 AM EDT
General Electric reported second quarter results today. Profit increased 13% from a year earlier to 39 cents a share, in line with expectations. Revenue went up 3.4 percent to $36.23 billion and missed ...
- SunEdison Spin-Off TerraForm Power Scores Hot IPO 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
TerraForm Power, another spin-off from SunEdison, opened its first day of trading Friday morning more than 33% above its initial public offering price.
- GE Lays Out Plan for Synchrony IPO 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 10:40 AM EDT
When GE reported second-quarter earnings Friday, it said that it hoped to get the spin-off of its North American consumer-finance business completed in an initial public offering by the end of July.
- UBS Lists 6 Stocks With Positive Catalysts Coming Soon 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Jul 18, 2014 10:15 AM EDT
In a recent research report, UBS specifically mentions six companies that it advises investors not to use an option strategy on, as they expect near-term catalysts to drive the stocks higher.
- [$$] Barrons.com Stock Picks Outpace the Market @ Barrons.com - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 7:03 PM EDT
The basket of 87 names favored by our online writers in Weekday Trader and Stock Alert articles published during the 12-month period that ended June 30 gained almost 10% on average, beating the average 8.1% increase by their relevant benchmarks. Among our biggest winners, Allergan (AGN), Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) and …
- Biz Break: CareDX, TubeMogul cool off Silicon Valley IPO market @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 5:15 PM EDT
Today: After strong end of second quarter, IPO market cools off with trimmed offerings from Silicon Valley firms CareDX and TubeMogul. Also: Earnings from Google and a host of chip companies.
- 10 Great Dividend Stocks to Own in Retirement @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
Age and circumstance matter when it comes to building an ideal portfolio. Whereas youngsters have both the time and the wages to make up for losses in the stock market, retirees need income and stability ...
- [$$] Why Dow Chemical Stock Will Continue to Rally @ Barrons.com - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 2:32 PM EDT
Over the past year, Dow Chemical has rallied some 50%, almost triple the total return of the Standard & Poor's 500 index. The remarkable quality of Dow's (DOW) rally is not the magnitude of its advance but rather its stealth. Dow Chemical has earned the respect of many investors, and now this dependable stock is attracting …
- Wall Street primed for Alibaba to make its NYSE debut in September @ Financial Times - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 2:14 PM EDT
Alibaba's hotly anticipated initial public offering - which is expected to be among the largest ever stock market listings - will not come until after the US Labor Day holiday on September 1, according ...
- Must-know: 2 stock market segments offering good value Market Realist - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
Equities in the more expensive market segments are particularly vulnerable.
- Fiat says no truth to VW merger report @ USA TODAY - Thu, Jul 17, 2014 9:46 AM EDT
German magazine says VW, Fiat controlling families discussed merger, but Fiat denies it