- UPDATE: Barclays Upgrades Tibco Software Inc. On Acquisition News Benzinga - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Barclays upgraded Tibco Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX ) from Underperform to Equal-Weight and raised the price target from $19 to $24. Analysts Raimo Lenschow and Saket Kalia upgraded the rating due to news ...
- Why Deutsche Bank Upgraded Teekay @ Barrons.com - 4 hours ago
Shares of Teekay (TK) have surged more than 15% this morning after the shipping company announced a new dividend policy after yesterday's close. Deutsche Bank's Amit Mehrotra think the news is good enough to be worthy of an upgrade for Teekay: We are upgrading our recommendation on shares of Teekay Corp. to Buy from Hold, …
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On NiSource Inc. Following Analyst Day Benzinga - 5 hours ago
In a report published Tuesday, Morgan Stanley analyst Brian Lasky reiterated an Equal-Weight rating on NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI ), and raised the price target from $43.00 to $45.00. In the report, Morgan ...
- 6 Top Energy Stocks That May Be Targets After Encana Buys Athlon @ 24/7 Wall St. - 5 hours ago
UBS analysts list six top energy stocks, some of which are already swirling in the rumor mill, as possible takeover or merger targets.
- Why an undiversified portfolio could mean fewer profits Market Realist - 6 hours ago
Another common investor mistake is to have an under diversified portfolio. In a 1991 to 1996 study of the customers of a large US discount brokerage, more than 25% held only one stock and more than 50% ...
- Credit Suisse High-Quality Strong Momentum Stocks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
A new report from Credit Suisse includes a screen for high-quality and momentum thematic growth stocks.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Alcoa, Apple, CSC, Kellogg, Raytheon, Toyota and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
These are the top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations covered by 24/7 Wall St. for Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
- [$$] Alibaba's Post-IPO Stability Bodes Well @ Barrons.com - 15 hours ago
Alibaba (BABA:NYSE) By Wedbush ($90.46, Sept. 28, 2014) We believe Alibaba offers a compelling combination of size, growth and profitability, on a global basis. We expect the post-initial public offering (IPO) discussion to become more balanced between risk and reward going forward, but expect Alibaba (BABA) shares to …
- PNC buys advisory boutique Solebury @ Financial Times - 23 hours ago
PNC Financial Services has bought independent equity advisory firm Solebury Capital, in an unusual move that gives the US regional lender a foothold in the niche but growing market for IPO advisory. The ...
- Must-know: Caesars’ performance since its memorable IPO Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 2:59 PM EDT
Caesars Entertainment's first trade day was one of the best initial public offering performances in the history of the U.S. stock market.
- Digital Ally, Inc. At Critical Price Level Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Shares of Digital Ally, Inc. (NASDAQ: DGLY ) are pulling back sharply Monday, retracing all of Friday's gains as a general retreat in momentum stocks and profit taking are pushing the shares towards the ...
- New York widens global lead for IPOs @ Financial Times - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:56 PM EDT
The US has strengthened its position as the preferred destination for initial public offerings, and is set to rank as the top country for new equity fundraisings for the fourth straight year, following ...
- Pfizer Inc. Stock Fails To Break Out: Is It Headed Back Down? Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:55 PM EDT
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE ) shareholders have experienced the short-term euphoria of seeing their stock rally a massive 10 percent from August to September. The stock failed to eclipse key “triple threat” ...
- Is TIBCO’s Buyout Fairly Valued? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 11:55 AM EDT
TIBCO Software announced Monday morning that private equity firm Vista Equity Partners would be taking it private.
- MLP Watch: Columbia Pipeline Partners Files for IPO 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 11:05 AM EDT
Columbia Pipeline Partners has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for an initial public offering.
- American Eagle Outfitters, Continental Resources, Inc. And Other Insiders Have Been Buying Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:44 AM EDT
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO ), Continental Resources, Inc. (NYSE: CLR ) and Restoration Hardware Holdings Inc (NYSE: RH ) are among the companies that have seen insider buying recently. Insiders ...
- Private equity-backed IPOs could hit seven-year high @ Financial Times - Sun, Sep 28, 2014 7:02 PM EDT
A surge of private equity backed flotations could see global initial public offering activity this year reach the highest level since 2007, according to EY. But the professional services firm has warned ...
- A Baker’s Dozen of IPOs on Tap for Next Week @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
So far in September, 16 IPOs have priced and four have been withdrawn. In the coming week, we are looking for as many as 13 IPOs.
- Insider Buying Consistent This Week, Despite Volatile Market @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
In a week that saw multiple moves of over a percentage point up and down, insiders looking to buy stock still were very busy adding to or initiating positions.
- Earnings season could revive ailing stocks @ USA TODAY - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 8:33 AM EDT
Don't let one bad week shake your confidence in stocks.
- [$$] Alibaba's Advantage: For IPOs, Large Is in Charge @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 2:29 AM EDT
Dow Indicator Alibaba Group Holding is struggling to keep up with the hype. After surging 36% out of the gate, the largest-ever initial public offering traded on Friday 4% below its opening trade. At least seven brokerage firms have already initiated coverage of the e-commerce giant, all with Buy ratings. When big companies …
- [$$] Zalando, Rocket Internet May Soar, Then Stumble @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 2:25 AM EDT
Dow Jones Global Indexes|Global Stock Markets Initial public offerings of two German Internet companies could jump when they debut, but the new stocks may struggle to live up to the hype. Fast-growing fashion retailer Zalando could dress up any portfolio, and Rocket Internet could reach a low orbit. The buzz is understandable: …
- How Will the Market Treat the Yodlee IPO? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 2:55 PM EDT
Yodlee Inc. filed over the summer with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering, and now this IPO is on deck for the week ahead. The company is planning to issue 6.25 million ...
- Yahoo Higher As Starboard Suggests Cost-Cutting Moves, AOL Partnership @ Barrons.com - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 12:32 PM EDT
Yahoo (YHOO) hasn't had a great week. Since hitting a 52-week high of $44.01 on Sept. 15, it's drifted lower, hurt in part by Alibaba (BABA): Though once priced for its stake in the Chinese e-commerce firm, the market is punishing Yahoo as Alibaba remains below $90, a letdown after it spiked to nearly $100 on Sept. 19, …
- Digital Ally, Inc. Shares In Play Following Military Contract Announcement Benzinga - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 11:19 AM EDT
Shares of Digital Ally, Inc. (NASDAQ: DGLY ) were up 30 percent Friday morning following the company’s announcement of a $200,000 order of its complete video evidence-gathering system from a U.S military ...
- Metals and Mining Suffer Worst Stretch Since 1990s: Is a Turnaround Imminent? 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 9:05 AM EDT
A new research report from the global metals and mining team at Credit Suisse cites factors most investors in the stocks are painfully aware of.
- 5 Very Oversold Tech Stocks to Buy After Huge Sell-Off @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
A new research report from UBS analysts tracks the tech stocks that are the most overbought and oversold on a relative strength basis.
- First take: Did Alibaba IPO mark a top for stocks? @ USA TODAY - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 10:25 PM EDT
The stock market has been heading in one direction since the Alibaba IPO: down. Is the top in?
- [$$] Alibaba: Investors Will Get a New 'First Chance' @ Barrons.com - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 4:48 PM EDT
If you missed out on the Alibaba IPO, fret not. Options are scheduled to begin trading on Sept. 29, enabling investors to get a piece of the year's hottest initial public offering Alibaba Group's (BABA) puts and calls should instantly rank among the most volatile in the options market. One dealer says the options could …
- The 4 Stocks That Tanked the Market 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
September 25, 2014: Markets opened lower on Thursday as tech stocks led by Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) had dropped more than 2% about half an hour before the close. A weak report on U.S. durable goods orders ...
- Alibaba IPO Pours Shares Into Shrinking Pool of Stock @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
The company's public debut makes a big splash in a pool of equities that's shrunk by $900 billion in four years
- Travelport IPO Faces Warm Reaction on Otherwise Cold Day @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 2:05 PM EDT
Travelport shares held relatively strong in its initial public offering debut.
- Tech stocks lead US equities lower @ Financial Times - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 12:51 PM EDT
The technology sector led the broader US equity market lower on Thursday as investors shifted out of riskier investments ahead of the third quarter's end next week. The move reversed gains on Wednesday ...
- Travelport stock climbs 10% on first day of NY trading @ Financial Times - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 12:42 PM EDT
Shares in Travelport - the UK travel business backed by private equity group Blackstone - rose 10 per cent on their first day of trading in New York, after the group succeeded in its third attempt to float ...
- Semiconductor Short Interest Ticks Higher @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
The short interest data for the semiconductor sector have come out for the September 15 settlement date.
- Short Sellers Run for Cover in Defensive High-Yield Dividend Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 9:50 AM EDT
24/7 Wall St. takes look at what is happening in the short interest of the go-to high-dividend defensive stocks.
- Key Short Interest Changes in Solar Stocks 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 9:40 AM EDT
Three of five solar stocks we track for short interest saw a decline during the two-week period to September 15.
- KLR Group Upgrades Shares Of W&T Offshore Benzinga - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 8:47 AM EDT
On Thursday, analysts at KLR group upgraded shares of W&T Offshore Inc. (NYSE: WTI ) to Buy, and maintained an $18 price target on the stock. Gail Nicholson finds that the company offers 45 percent upside ...
- More Than Half of One 3D Printing Company’s Shares Are Short @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 8:45 AM EDT
Short interest in the two-week period ending September 15 fell for two of the four 3D printing companies we follow.
- GT Advanced Technologies Bucks Short Interest Trend In Solar Stocks Benzinga - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 8:02 AM EDT
Among the leading U.S. solar-related stocks, short interest in Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEIS ) and Real Goods Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: RGSE ) shrank again in the first two weeks of September. ...
- 3 Social Media Stocks With Rising Short Interest Benzinga - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 7:58 AM EDT
Among the leading social media companies based in the United States, eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY ), Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR ) and Zynga Inc (NASDAQ: ZNGA ) experienced significant upswings in short interest ...
- The Worst Performing DJIA Stocks of 2014 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 6:43 AM EDT
Not all Dow stocks are participating in this year's bull market. Eight of the 30 stocks were recently trading with negative total returns in 2014.
- US funds sign up to $104m Adaptimmune fundraising @ Financial Times - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 7:07 PM EDT
One of Britain's fastest-growing biotech companies has raised $104m from US venture capital funds in a sign that American investors are looking to Europe for opportunities after the surge in US biotech ...
- [$$] With Ford Stock Stuck, a Win-Either-Way Trade @ Barrons.com - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 6:40 PM EDT
Ford Motor Co. presents options traders with ideal trading conditions. The company faces two key events, low implied volatility, investor skepticism and an indecisive stock trading pattern. Add all of ...
- Must-know: Why opportunities lie elsewhere for US investors Market Realist - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
I suggest focusing new allocations on select international markets where valuations are less challenging. In particular, I like international developed equities in Japan and Europe as well as stocks in ...
- United Biscuits shortlists potential buyers including Kellogg's @ Financial Times - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 2:14 PM EDT
United Biscuits has shortlisted three companies including US foods group Kellogg's as its private equity owners consider a sale that could value the UK snacks business at about £2bn, people familiar with ...
- RBS aims to sell another 25% stake of Citizens Financial @ Financial Times - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 1:57 PM EDT
Royal Bank of Scotland aims to sell a further 25 per cent stake in Citizens Financial as early as next March to bolster its balance sheet after completing the $3bn initial public offering of its US subsidiary. ...
- The Driving Force Behind the CyberArk IPO Surge @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
CyberArk Software entered the market Wednesday morning with shares priced for its initial public offering at $16.00.
- Alibaba, Yahoo! Rise on Speculation Despite Negative Analyst View @ Barrons.com - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 12:16 PM EDT
Shares of Alibaba Group Holding (BABA) are up 59 cents, or 0.7%, at $87.76, bouncing back from yesterday's 3% decline, breaking a two-day losing streak since the stock soared Friday on its New York Stock Exchange debut. I would note that Briefing.com this morning noted that there was chatter about activists possibly pressuring Yahoo! …
- Why the Citizens Bank IPO Does Not Live Up to Advance Billing 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 12:15 PM EDT
Citizens Financial Group priced its initial public offering (IPO) at $21.50 a share, below the expected range of $23 to $25.