- Only 1 IPO Might Try the Market in the Short Week Ahead @ 24/7 Wall St. - 11 hours ago
Just one IPO may price in the short holiday week ahead, after failing to price last week.
- Insider Buying Heats Up in Spite of Big Market Rally @ 24/7 Wall St. - 12 hours ago
Despite continued trading to the upside, and new highs on all the indexes, the inside buyers returned this week, and returned in force.
- An Options Play for a Low-Return Market @ Barrons.com - 21 hours ago
Goldman Sachs, whose ideas and actions help to set Wall Street’s tone, is telling clients the Standard & Poor’s 500 index will barely rise in 2015. Goldman is forecasting that the benchmark index, now ...
- Sohn Outlook: Value in Zillow, Trouble in China @ Barrons.com - 21 hours ago
Investment picks at last wednesday’s Sohn London Investment Conference included online real estate portal Zillow, Russian gas giant Gazprom, French hotel operator Accor, and Italian scooter and motorcycle ...
- China opens stock exchange to foreign money @ USA TODAY - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 4:59 PM EST
China opened its Shanghai exchange to offshore investors.
- The 4 DJIA Stocks That Boosted Markets Friday @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 4:01 PM EST
November 21, 2014: Markets opened sharply higher on Friday and managed to close on the positive side after gradually declining for most of the day. China’s central bank cut its deposit rate to 2.75% and ...
- WSJ: Big Bank Fees from Alibaba Bond Sale @ Barrons.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Alibaba Group’s (BABA) debut $8 billion bond sale could be a windfall for the banks involved in the deal. The Wall Street Journal reports today that the Chinese Internet giant, which went public in September ...
- HK stock connect: baby steps @ Financial Times - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Buy the rumour, sell the fact. This week, Hong Kong and Shanghai's long awaited Stock Connect scheme opened for business. Having rallied over one-tenth from May lows, Hong Kong fell 4 per cent over the ...
- UBS’s Top Tech Stocks to Buy for 2015 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 10:25 AM EST
In a new research report, the tech analysts at UBS have updated commentary and analysis on the firm's top technology stocks to buy.
- Nomura: Intel's Outlook A Positive For Micron Benzinga - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Shares of Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: MU ) has outperformed year-to-date, but most of the gains in share prices occurred during the first half of 2014. Analysts at Nomura commented on Friday that ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Amazon, Best Buy, Caterpillar, EMC, JetBlue, Intel, Microsoft and … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 8:25 AM EST
Friday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include Amazon.com, Best Buy, Caterpillar, EMC, JetBlue, Intel and Microsoft.
- The New Technical Take On Alibaba Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) just went through one of the most anticipated IPOs in history, and has managed (thus far) not to be a huge disappointment to investors. The stock is certainly pulling ...
- The 4 DJIA Stocks That Lifted Thursday’s Market @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 4:01 PM EST
November 20, 2014: Markets opened lower on Thursday following PMI reports from China, Japan and the eurozone that were disappointing. A 13-month high in existing home sales and a huge jump in the Philadelphia ...
- Is Twitter Insider Selling Holding Back Its Recovery? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 2:41 PM EST
Twitter has not recovered with the rest of the bull market. If insider selling persists there could be a longer road to recovery than once thought.
- Mosaic Co Shares Are Running Into A Ceiling Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 11:49 AM EST
Mosaic Co (NYSE: MOS ) stock has rallied nearly 20 percent off the October lows, but is still nowhere near setting new all-time highs. That unfortunately makes the stock a laggard vs. the market and makes ...
- Investors More Than Just Hungry for Habit IPO @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 11:40 AM EST
Habit Restaurants entered the market Thursday morning in its initial public offering.
- Can A REIT Save Caesars? Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 11:11 AM EST
After the bell on November 19, there was frenzied aftermarket trading activity on the beleaguered gaming company Caesars Entertainment Corp (NASDAQ: CZR ). This was in no doubt triggered by reports that ...
- Shares Of Second Sight Medical Continue Showing Strength Following Wednesday's IPO Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:34 AM EST
Shares of Second Sight Medical Products Inc (NASDAQ: EYES ) surged more than 100 percent on its first day of trading on Wednesday and the buying frenzy carried over into Thursday's trading action. The ...
- El Pollo Loco Huge Discount Secondary Creates Ugly Technical Event @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:20 AM EST
Unfortunately for El Pollo Loco shareholders, the decline in the stock has been bad enough that it has created a very unfortunate technical event in its stock chart.
- Will The Habit Burger Grill IPO Be The Best Of 2014? Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Finally, an IPO investors can really sink their teeth into. In the wake of restaurant IPOs like Zoe's Kitchen Inc (NYSE: ZOES ), El Pollo LoCo Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: LOCO ) and Papa Murphy's Holdings Inc ...
- UPDATE: MLV & Co Reiterates On Galena Biopharma As External Risks Have Subsided Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:05 AM EST
In a report published Thursday, MLV & Co analyst Vernon T. Bernardino reiterated a Buy rating on Galena Biopharma (NASDAQ: GALE ), and raised the price target from $3.00 to $5.00. In the report, MLV & ...
- The Key Component That Will Drive These 3 Top Social Media Stocks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:00 AM EST
A new UBS research report noted the key takeaway recent UBS tech conference as the increasing importance of content marketing for establishing mind share with end customers.
- Deutsche Bank Raises JetBlue Price Target Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 9:38 AM EST
Deutsche Bank changed its forecast on JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU ) Wednesday after attending the company’s analyst day. The firm raised its price target from $13 to $17 and maintained a ...
- GoPro Prices Secondary Offering at Huge Discount: Opportunity and Risk @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 9:15 AM EST
A new filing indicates that the GoPro secondary offering will be about 10.4 million shares at $75 per share.
- Oxford Lane Capital Corp. Announces Preferred Stock Offering Benzinga - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 9:15 AM EST
Oxford Lane Capital Corp. (the "Company") (NASDAQ: OXLC ) (NASDAQ: OXLCP) (NASDAQ: OXLCO) and (NASDAQ: OXLCN) today announced that it plans to offer shares of its Series 2024 Term Preferred Shares ...
- 4 Biotech Catalyst Stocks to Buy With 60% to 100% Upside Potential @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 8:55 AM EST
A new report from the biotech team at Stifel focuses on catalysts from companies that are presenting at the firm's annual health care conference.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AmEx, Apache, Cliffs, Denbury, JetBlue, Synchrony and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 8:40 AM EST
Thursday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include American Express, Apache, Cliffs Natural Resources, Denbury Resources, JetBlue Airways and Synchrony Financial.
- Synchrony Files for $7.5 Billion Debt Offering @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Many investors are wondering when the real filings will come from General Electric outlining additional exit details of Synchrony Financial.
- Ocean Shore Holding Co. Announces Stock Repurchase Program Benzinga - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Ocean Shore Holding Co. (Nasdaq: OSHC ) today announced that the Company's board of directors has approved the repurchase of up to 130,000 shares of the Company's outstanding common stock, which is approximately ...
- The 4 DJIA Stocks That Weighed Down the Market 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:01 PM EST
November 19, 2014: Markets opened lower on Wednesday following foreign markets that were trading no better than flat. The FOMC minutes were released in the afternoon and caused a brief spike in stock prices, ...
- OTPP adds new position in Grupo Aval Market Realist - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:00 PM EST
OTPP added a new position in AVAL during the third quarter that ended in September. The position accounted for 0.11% of the fund's total portfolio.
- What Are Publicly Traded Athletes? Fantex CEO Buck French Explains Benzinga - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Fantex Brokerage Services (FBS) is the world’s first registered trading platform that lets traders invest in tracking stock linked to the brand value of athletes such as Chicago Bears wide receiver, Alshon ...
- Paramount Group up 4.2%; Biggest IPO by a U.S. REIT @ Barrons.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 12:24 PM EST
After delivering the largest initial public offering by a U.S. real estate investment trust, does Paramount Group (PGRE) have room to run? It does today. The stock opened Wednesday morning at $18.49, on ...
- Hedge Fund Guru Emmanuel Lemelson Just Revealed How He's Trading Apple (And 3 Other Stocks) Benzinga - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Recently on Benzinga's PreMarket Prep , Reverend Emmanuel Lemelson shared his thoughts on recent events in the financial world. The hedge fund manager's past and current results are hard to beat. Year-to-date, ...
- 10 Painful Mistakes New Traders Make Benzinga - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 11:38 AM EST
Many new stock traders lose confidence and money when they first start trading on their own. By sidestepping common mistakes, new investors can avoid learning these lessons the hard way. 1. Believing An ...
- Buy Or Sell Petrobras? Ratings Mixed As Charges, Debt Weigh On Stock @ Barrons.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 10:47 AM EST
UBS downgraded shares of Petrobras to Neutral from Buy, listing the energy company's high leverage as a major obstacle. But one could argue the bad news is in the stock, whose U.S.-traded shares have tumbled ...
- UBS Spotlights 4 Top Software Stocks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 10:10 AM EST
Technology should continue to lead in 2015, and these are four solid software stocks for aggressive growth accounts to consider.
- Credit Suisse’s Top Technology Trading Idea @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 9:15 AM EST
A new research note from the tech analysts at Credit Suisse lays out the components for what maybe an amazing pairs trade for aggressive investors.
- J.P. Morgan’s 5 Top International Stock Picks @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 8:35 AM EST
A new research report from J.P. Morgan, makes the case that the time to buy some of the top stocks in Europe is right now.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: BlackBerry, ConEd, Enbridge, Halliburton, Rackspace, TransCanada … @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 8:20 AM EST
Wednesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include BlackBerry, ConEd, Enbridge, Halliburton, Rackspace and TransCanada.
- How to Be Smarter About Risk Management @ Morningstar - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Investors should only take risks that the market rewards--and that they can live with.
- Demand for China's Stock Connect slumps @ Financial Times - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 6:23 AM EST
Demand for a new stock trading scheme linking Shanghai and Hong Kong has fallen sharply just three days after launch, prompting the head of the Hong Kong exchange to admit that the project was overhyped. ...
- Yahoo! Slips Following New Wave of Alibaba Enthusiasm @ Barrons.com - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Shares of Yahoo! (YHOO) are down 72 cents, or 1.4%, at $51.65, retreating from some gains yesterday prompted by continued optimism about the company monetizing the 384 million-share-stake in Alibaba Group Holding (BABA) following the latter's IPO on September 19th. Yahoo! stock is up 4.1% in the last five days, besting …
- 9 Widely Overlooked Small Banks That Offer Big Profit Potential Benzinga - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Last week we talked about riding the coattails of bank stock activists to earn outsized profits in the stock market. A study released by analysts at Sterne Agee as well as the practical experience of investors ...
- 4 Ways To Manage Risk In Your Portfolio Benzinga - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 1:42 PM EST
With the S&P 500 making new all-time highs on a weekly basis, many investors are starting to get nervous about stock prices. While no portfolio is entirely risk-free, there are several ways that every ...
- Opower Climbing On Upbeat Q3, Q4 Revenue Forecast @ Barrons.com - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Shares of cloud computing software firm Opower (OPWR) jumped nearly 5% following its upbeat third-quarter report. The firm said it lost 8 cents per share in the quarter, a much smaller loss than the 19 ...
- Mid-Day Losers From November 18: Omega Protein, Urban Outfitters, Celldex Therapeutics, Amicus Therapeutics, … Benzinga - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Omega Protein Corporation (NYSE: OME ) -19% - On Monday after hours, the company reported financial results missing top and bottom line estimates. Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ: URBN ) -9% - Shares are ...
- What Blackstone’s Offering Will Mean for La Quinta @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 12:45 PM EST
La Quinta announced Monday that it will have a secondary offering of 20 million shares, which could be worth around $400 million.
- Mid-Day Gainers From November 18: TerraForm Power, Sunedison, Virgin America, Organovo, InvenSense Benzinga - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 12:17 PM EST
TerraForm Power Inc (NASDAQ: TERP ) +30% - Shares are up sharply following the company’s announcement that TerraForm and Sunedison will acquire First Wind for $2.4 billion. Sunedison Inc (NYSE: SUNE ...
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On Ally Financial As Prime Net Losses See Seasonal Uptick Benzinga - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 9:59 AM EST
In a report published Tuesday, Morgan Stanley analyst Betsy L. Graseck reiterated an Overweight rating on Ally Financial (NYSE: ALLY ), but removed the $40.00 price target. In the report, Morgan Stanley ...