- 5 Stocks Just Added to Credit Suisse Top Picks List @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Here are five new members of the Credit Suisse Top Picks list in five separate market sectors. They look poised for a solid remainder of 2015.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: BP, Exxon, Exelon, Home Depot, Sirius XM, McDonald’s, Disney and … @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Thursday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include BP, Exxon Mobil, Exelon, Home Depot, Sirius XM, McDonald's, and Walt Disney.
- 5 Merrill Lynch SMID-Cap Alpha Stocks to Buy Now @ 24/7 Wall St. - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
24/7 Wall St. screened the Merrill Lynch SMID-Cap Alpha list for five stocks to buy now with exceptional upside potential.
- Apache: Analyst Slashes Target By $33 But Says It's Still a Buy @ Barrons.com - 19 hours ago
Argus analyst Michael Burke slashed his price target on Apache (APA) but insists it's still a Buy: We are reiterating our BUY rating on Apache Corp., but are lowering our target price to $79 from $112 based on our lower commodity price assumptions. The company also has a relatively strong balance sheet and may take advantage …
- Cliffs Natural Resources Shares Respond — Slightly — To Insider Buy Benzinga - 20 hours ago
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (NYSE: CLF ) shares responded –- slightly -- to an insider buy on Wednesday afternoon, rising about 1 percent as the news broke. Shares have since fallen back to the day's ...
- GE: Traders Get Bullish On Succession Chatter @ Barrons.com - 20 hours ago
Speculation is swirling that Jeff Immelt, GE’s chairman and chief executive, could be replaced by Jeff Bornstein, GE’s (GE) chief financial officer. Bornstein’s “focus on costs, cash flow, earnings quality, and transparency is getting traction,” Barclays’ Scott R. Davis recently opined in a research note. There is a view …
- What to Expect from Vivint Solar Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - 20 hours ago
Vivint Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSLR) is set to report its fourth-quarter financial results after the markets close on Wednesday. Thomson Reuters has consensus estimates of for a net loss of $0.37 per share ...
- The Firearms Industry Is Still Growing Benzinga - 21 hours ago
According to a recent report by DA Davidson, the firearms industry is thriving. The report included several positive notes on the space. NICS Data The National Instant Criminal Background Check System ...
- Why Analysts May Now Prefer McDonald’s Over Yum Brands @ 24/7 Wall St. - 22 hours ago
According to some analysts, there appears to be a changing of the guard in the fast-food world, with McDonald's taking the place of Yum Brands.
- Barclays Expands Coverge To 7 New Biotech Stocks Benzinga - 23 hours ago
Barclays announced expanded coverage on seven biotech stocks Wednesday. Below are the new ratings and price targets along with comments from analyst Geoff Meacham. Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ...
- UBS Makes Big Changes to Equity Focus List For March @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 10:10 AM EST
A new report from UBS shows some serious changes made to the firm's Equity Focus list for March.
- What Ambarella Results Might Mean for GoPro @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:45 AM EST
One of the biggest takeaways from Ambarella's strong earnings report is what it means in terms of the company's relationship with one of its top business partners, GoPro.
- 4 Chip Stocks That Are Big Winners With New Samsung Galaxy S6 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:25 AM EST
Four semiconductor stocks rated Overweight at J.P. Morgan should see a direct benefit from the new Galaxy S6.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Alcoa, Apache, Bob Evans, F5 Networks, McDonald’s and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:55 AM EST
Wednesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations includes Alcoa, Apache, Bob Evans, F5, Hain and McDonald's.
- The 5 Most Loved Biotech Stocks of Portfolio Managers @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:35 AM EST
A big part of the Nasdaq is biotech, and a new report from Cowen details the stocks that big money managers love and are staying with.
- Could Tesla See A Short-Term Rally? Here's A Technical Breakdown Benzinga - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:25 AM EST
Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) shares have gone from being the darling of the Street in 2014 to being a disappointment thus far in 2015. The company has one of the coolest toys around for the big money ...
- Post-IPO Low at Alibaba Could Signal Worse to Come @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:10 PM EST
More selling of Alibaba could be on the way as those protecting gains from the IPO price may start to sell, and sell big, especially with the huge flood of shares coming via lockup expirations.
- MannKind's Short Interest Has 'Grown High,' Analyst Says Benzinga - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 10:47 AM EST
In a report published Monday, Goldman Sachs analyst Jay Olson pointed out that the short interest in shares of MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ: MNKD ) has "grown high" over the past two years. According ...
- Goldman Sachs Says MannKind Has 55% Downside Benzinga - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 10:07 AM EST
Goldman Sachs downgraded MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ: MNKD ) to a Sell from Neutral, noting that the risk/reward ratio from selling the stock is 55 percent to the downside versus just 5 percent to the ...
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AK Steel, AmEx, Citi, MannKind, Micron, Ocwen, Seagate and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 8:40 AM EST
Tuesday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include AK Steel, American Express, Citigroup, MannKind, Micron Technology, Ocwen Financial and Seagate Technology.
- 4 Biotechs Expected to See Huge Buying on PowerShares Rebalance @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 8:25 AM EST
All the major money management firms that run exchange traded funds have to do regular quarterly rebalances to reset their portfolios to the proper allocation levels.
- Ultimate Stock-Pickers' Top 10 Buys and Sells @ Morningstar - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Top managers continue to find opportunities for new-money purchases (albeit fewer than in past periods), while taking full advantage of a rising stock market to book some gains.
- 12 Companies Expected to Raise Their Dividends Very Soon @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 3:45 AM EST
With stocks having hit all-time highs and with the bull market now six years old, investors have to consider carefully which stocks and sectors they want to invest in.
- Traders Bet Japanese Stocks Will Zoom Higher @ Barrons.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Japanese equities are becoming a favorite momentum play for international investors. Trading is reminiscent of how investors once treated China when it seemed higher highs were always up ahead, and the government’s mastery of the markets and economy was unshakeable. China’s central bank just recently lowered key interest …
- Nasdaq hits 5,000 for the first time since 2000 @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 11:21 PM EST
The Nasdaq hit 5,000 again. Time to head for the hills, right?
- Nasdaq at 5,000: Time to be very, very afraid? @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 7:20 PM EST
For the longest time, I promised myself that I would stay in the stock market until the Nasdaq Composite index reached its dot-com era peak of just above 5,000. Then I'd bail out.
- First Take: Back to the future — Nasdaq 5000 circa 2015 @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 6:06 PM EST
The tech-packed index tops 5000 for the first time since the dot-com crash in 2000.
- March comes in like a Wall Street lion @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 6:01 PM EST
Broad market rally propels tech-heavy index to 5008, a 15-year high.
- Apparel Retailers Break Out: How to Pocket Gains @ Barrons.com - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 4:07 PM EST
The breakout event was driven by Gap Inc. (GPS), which jumped Friday after the company announced a new $1 billion share buyback program, which follows its previous $500 million program announced last October. They may not have formed official breakouts but many, such as L Brands (LB) have been in solid bull trends for …
- Goodrich Offers 12 Million Shares in Secondary Offering @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 1:22 PM EST
Goodrich Petroleum announced Monday morning that it would have a secondary public offering of 12 million shares.
- Nasdaq hits 5,000 after 15-year absence @ Financial Times - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 1:03 PM EST
After an absence of 15 years, investors briefly watched the Nasdaq Composite trade above the fabled 5,000 threshold on Monday. The US technology benchmark previously stood above this level in March 2000 ...
- Warren Buffett's Best Dividend Stocks @ Kiplinger - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Consider adding these big payers, all owned by Berkshire Hathaway, to your portfolio.
- 5 Dividend Stocks to Buy as European Index Crushes S&P 500 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 10:20 AM EST
Owning a few top European stocks in a well-balanced portfolio makes good sense at this juncture, especially with the U.S. markets hovering near all-time highs.
- Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: CenturyLink, IBM, Isis, J.C. Penney, Wayfair and More @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 8:40 AM EST
Monday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include CenturyLink, IBM, Isis Pharmacutical, J.C. Penney and Wayfair.
- 3 Blue-Chip Tech Stocks That Are Cheaper Now Than Last Year @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 8:15 AM EST
Any way you look at it, the current stock market is rich. Yet, three of the UBS's four top IT hardware stocks are actually trading cheaper that a year ago.
- Short-sellers abstain as China opens door @ Financial Times - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 3:09 AM EST
A new scheme allowing global investors to short-sell mainland Chinese stocks through Hong Kong failed to attract a single order on its first day of operation, highlighting the flaws in the programme. The ...
- American Express, General Electric And Other Stocks Insiders Have Been Buying Benzinga - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 10:56 AM EST
Even with markets reaching for record highs, insider buying has remained strong of late. American Express, General Electric and Sprint were among those that have seen significant insider buys in the past ...
- 7 Top Earnings Previews for the Week Ahead @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 9:15 AM EST
24/7 Wall St. has put together a preview of some of the larger companies reporting in the first week of March, including Include Staples, Costco and Kroger.
- 5 Small Cap Analyst Stocks Under $10 With Massive Upside Potential @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST
Here are five recent analyst stock picks in the small cap arena with shares under $10 but with big upside potential.
- Bankia reports a rise in fourth-quarter profits @ Financial Times - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 11:02 AM EST
Bankia, the Spanish lender that came to embody the country's crisis, reported a rise in profits in the fourth quarter despite charges to compensate investors for its ill-fated 2011 initial public offering. ...
- Biotech, Digital Ad IPOs on Calendar for First Week of March @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 9:25 AM EST
Last week was a downer for initial public offerings. Perhaps the action will pick up a bit in the coming week with a couple of new IPOs scheduled to begin trading.
- Massive Insider Selling as Market Hits Record Highs @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 9:15 AM EST
We cover insider selling each week at 24/7 Wall St., and despite the big numbers and share counts that are starting to hit the tape, there is no immediate reason for alarm.
- Huge Blue-Chip Purchases Highlight Recent Insider Buying @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 9:10 AM EST
The insider buying data that hit our screens this week showed not only a marked increase in the trade size, but also in the dollar values.
- 13D Filings @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:03 AM EST
Source: InsiderScore.com On Feb. 19, Sarissa Capital Management notified Ariad of its intent to appear at the company’s 2015 annual meeting and nominate Richard Mulligan and Anna Protopapas to the eight-member staggered board of directors. It also declared its intention to “unseat” Harvey Berger, Ariad’s chairman and …
- Home Depot Boosts Payout 26% @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Tables: Week’s Dividend Payments: NYSE | Nasdaq | AMEX Week’s Ex-Dividend Payments: NYSE | Nasdaq | AMEX The world’s largest home-improvement chain is sprucing up its shares with a heftier dividend and a new buyback plan. Home Depot ratcheted up its quarterly dividend 26% last week, to 59 cents per common share from …
- Emerging Market Dividend Payers Currently Offer Value Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:05 PM EST
Emerging market dividend payers are offering value, given their high volatility.
- Big Short Interest Swings In Semiconductor Stocks Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:41 AM EST
Early February brought some big swings in the short interest among the leading semiconductor stocks. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ: MRVL ), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA ) and QUALCOMM, Inc. ...
- Why Short Sellers Piled On eBay Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:40 AM EST
eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY ) stood out among the leading social media companies based in the United States for its surge short interest between the January 30 and February 13 settlement dates. Short sellers ...
- 5 Reasons Deutsche Bank Thinks This Data Center REIT Is Now A Buy Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:39 AM EST
On February 26, Deutsche Bank upgraded mega-data center landlord QTS Realty Trust Inc (NYSE: QTS ) from Neutral to Buy, and raised its price target from $36 to $39, noting "strong growth ahead" ...
- 5 US Companies Focused on Returning Capital to Shareholders @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:15 AM EST
UBS reports that corporations are generating an incredible $1 trillion a year in cash, and the believe these five top companies will stay focused on returning capital to shareholders.