- Why 'Entrepreneur' Magazine and Nashville's Entrepreneur Center Are Suing Each Other @ BusinessWeek - Fri, Jun 7, 2013 4:00 PM EDT
A magazine with a reputation as a trademark bully is suing a business incubator. The incubator is suing back
- Who Gets Rich in the Tumblr-Yahoo Deal @ BusinessWeek - Wed, May 22, 2013 4:37 PM EDT
Union Square Ventures tops the list, followed by Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, and Tumblr founder David Karp
- We're Living in a 'Tech Depression': Andreessen CNBC - Tue, May 14, 2013 6:01 AM EDT
Don't expect a game changing tech IPO anytime soon. Private tech companies are steering clear of going public as long as they can, said Marc Andreessen, the co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen ...
- Rent a Nerd: Start-up Offers MBA Students for Hire @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 11, 2013 8:53 AM EDT
If you're a small business and always wanted a fancy consultant on your payroll for tasks ranging from accounting to building a mobile-social media strategy, there's a new start-up just for you. Hourly ...
- Seeking a New Startup Idea? Try Farming CNBC - Mon, Oct 29, 2012 1:33 PM EDT
Over the last few years, sustainable farming startups have managed to get loans from companies like Whole Foods, or sold equity stakes to venture capitalists like Michael Dell's brother, Adam. A lot of ...
- Facebook's Fallen Stock, a Cautionary Tale for Startups CNBC - Wed, Aug 22, 2012 11:35 AM EDT
As Wall Street watches Facebook's stock continue to plummet, it's not just impacting investors, it's also casting a long shadow across venture-backed startups.
- Start-up Is in Business of Inventing Inventors CNBC - Tue, Aug 21, 2012 1:20 PM EDT
Kaufman's three-year old start-up aims to solve the pesky problems of everyday life.
- Silicon Valley vs. Silicon Beach? Tech Start-Ups Flock to L.A. @ CNBC - Thu, Jul 5, 2012 1:00 PM EDT
"Silicon Beach", is attracting talent and funding for tech startups, entrepreneurs drawn to LA's ability to brand and sell ideas...plus the weather.
- Facebook Investor Peter Thiel Opens New VC Fund @ CNBC - Wed, Jun 20, 2012 12:52 PM EDT
The venture capitalist and hedge fund manager is launching a $402 million venture capital fund that is focusing on mid-stage technology companies looking to grow, but stay private while doing so.
- The 4 Standout Startups From Dreamit Demo Day Business Insider - Wed, Aug 10, 2011 4:58 PM EDT
All 14 startups were great, but here were our favorites.
- Networking-Of-The-Future Startup Plexxi Closes $20 Million Series B Round Business Insider - Thu, Jul 28, 2011 2:37 PM EDT
From Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners and Northbridge Venture Partners.
- Quid Closes A $10 Million Series C Round From Ron Conway And Peter Thiel Business Insider - Mon, Jul 25, 2011 10:36 AM EDT
More money for the human intelligence software company.