- Google backs Magic Leap, a mysterious augmented reality startup (updated) @ Engadget - 6 hours ago
Google has just thrown its weight behind an augmented reality startup shrouded in mystery. Along with Qualcomm and film production Legendary Entertainment (among many other companies), Mountain View has ...
- Hollywood, Silicon Valley make $542-million bet on curious Magic Leap @ San Jose Mercury News - 9 hours ago
Virtual-reality headsets block out the real world and transport them into a digitally created one. But what if the digital stuff could simply pop into people's normal view of the reality? That's the goal ...
- MLB is bringing Apple Pay to the 2014 World Series @ Engadget - 11 hours ago
Tonight, Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants will begin battling it out for Major League Baseball's biggest prize: the World Series. And to make things better for ballpark attendees, MLB and MasterCard ...
- Google leaps into new virtual reality @ Financial Times - 15 hours ago
A group of investors led by Google has ploughed $542m into an ambitious private company that claims to have invented a new form of virtual reality, in the second biggest technology venture capital funding ...
- What's on your HDTV: World Series, 'Boardwalk Empire' and Wyatt Cenac @ Engadget - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 7:32 PM EDT
This week baseball fans tune into their championship series as two once-unlikely contenders do battle for the crown. If you prefer your drama on stage and screen however, you'll probably be saying goodbye ...
- Big Money: VC Investing Is Hot in 2014 Entrepreneur - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 1:21 PM EDT
More than $33 billion was invested in startups by venture capitalists in the first three quarters of this year, surpassing the $30 billion invested by venture capitalists in all of 2013.
- Long Wait in Kansas City Sends World Series Tickets to Record Prices @ BusinessWeek - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 10:42 AM EDT
Royals fans have been saving for this moment since 1985
- Google Ventures spells out strategy for investing in Europe @ Financial Times - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 8:20 AM EDT
Google Ventures, the investment arm of the US technology group, has set out its strategy to fund European start-ups, saying it plans to hunt for major "late-stage" deals in co-operation with ...
- Are Startup Incubators and Accelerators Still Worth It? Entrepreneur - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 8:15 AM EDT
- Coke Is Luring Experienced Entrepreneurs to Create New Startups Entrepreneur - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 12:53 PM EDT
- 'Super Size Me' Filmmaker Is Producing a New Web Series on Entrepreneurship Entrepreneur - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
- Fidelity to offer Betterment wealth management platform @ Financial Times - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 9:08 AM EDT
Betterment, one of a crop of tech-savvy wealth management start-ups, has won the endorsement of the fund manager Fidelity, as the race to popularise investment apps intensifies. Fidelity will offer the ...
- The Golden Rule of Startup Capital: Don't Waste Money Entrepreneur - Mon, Oct 13, 2014 3:30 PM EDT
- 3 Tips to Keep Entrepreneurs Out of the Weeds Entrepreneur - Mon, Oct 13, 2014 2:45 PM EDT
- Steve Case: Great Companies Will Thrive, Despite Where They're Based Entrepreneur - Mon, Oct 13, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
- The trailer for PlayStation's 'Powers' series doesn't hold anything back @ Engadget - Sun, Oct 12, 2014 12:51 PM EDT
If you were worried that Sony's transformation of Powers into a PlayStation Network show would lose the comics' grittiness, you can (probably) relax. The first trailer for the original series is now available, ...
- Inland Real Estate Corporation Prices Public Offering Of 6.95% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Preferred … Benzinga - Fri, Oct 10, 2014 9:32 AM EDT
Inland Real Estate Corporation (NYSE: IRC ) (the “Company”) today announced that it has priced an underwritten public offering of 4,000,000 shares of its 6.95% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Preferred ...
- Billionaire Shahid Khan Pulls the Plug on a Startup Accelerator @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Oct 9, 2014 3:03 PM EDT
Displeasure with management led billionaire Shahid Khan to walk away from the Jacksonville program
- 7 Tips For Hiring The Best Startup Talent Entrepreneur - Thu, Oct 9, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
- Stanford on Whether You Can Teach Startups to MBAs: Sort Of @ BusinessWeek - Wed, Oct 8, 2014 4:26 PM EDT
Russell Siegelman, who teaches a Stanford class on entrepreneurship, explains what you can and can't teach about the field
- 7 Principles for Propelling Your Startup to Success Entrepreneur - Wed, Oct 8, 2014 2:15 PM EDT
- Y Combinator's Stanford Startup Course: Where The Teachers Are Millionaires Benzinga - Wed, Oct 8, 2014 1:48 PM EDT
This college semester, Stanford University is trying something new by hosting a class from startup accelerator Y Combinator. The class, called “ How To Start A Startup ,” is mainly taught by Y Combinator ...
- 4 Pieces of Bad Startup Advice That You Should Ignore Entrepreneur - Wed, Oct 8, 2014 1:45 PM EDT
- Truecaller is EU's latest start-up to draw Silicon Valley funding @ Financial Times - Wed, Oct 8, 2014 10:11 AM EDT
Truecaller, a Swedish company attempting to create a "universal phone book" app, has secured $60m in funding from some of Silicon Valley's biggest investors, in the latest sign of the growing ...
- Microloan Startup Brings Banking to the 'Unbanked' Entrepreneur - Wed, Oct 8, 2014 9:02 AM EDT
- Blockchain Raises $30 Million in Biggest-Ever Funding Round for a Bitcoin Company Entrepreneur - Tue, Oct 7, 2014 12:15 PM EDT
- Amazon green lights 'Hand of God' and 'Red Oaks' for full series @ Engadget - Fri, Oct 3, 2014 12:09 PM EDT
After earning positive reviews during Amazon's Pilot Season, Hand of God and Red Oaks will become full series. If you'll recall, the online retailer offered the masses the opportunity to watch a smattering ...
- The 10 Most Reliable Ways to Fund a Startup Entrepreneur - Fri, Oct 3, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
- 4 Fundamental Strategies for Launching a Successful Ecommerce Startup Entrepreneur - Fri, Oct 3, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
- The 5 False Expectations That Could Destroy Big-Brand Partnerships Entrepreneur - Thu, Oct 2, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
- What Do Snoop Dogg, Marc Andreessen and Peter Thiel Have in Common? Reddit, Y'all. Entrepreneur - Wed, Oct 1, 2014 3:25 PM EDT
- Reddit community braces for change after site raises $50 million @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Oct 1, 2014 1:32 PM EDT
Social news site Reddit has raised $50 million from celebrities such as rapper Snoop Dogg and actor and musician Jared Leto, raising concerns among the loyal Reddit community that changes may be ahead ...
- Beats sues headphone startup CEO for saying he's a co-founder (updated) @ Engadget - Wed, Oct 1, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
Beats isn't happy that ROAM CEO Steven Lamar is taking credit for co-founding its headphone business and demanding extra royalties -- it's firing back with a lawsuit of its own. The Apple-owned company ...
- Anworth Announces Increase to Series B Preferred Stock Conversion Rate Benzinga - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH ) announced that in accordance with the terms of Anworth's 6.25% Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock, or Series B Preferred Stock, the conversion ...
- Blackstone, PAAMCO Funding Hedge Fund Startup Raveneur @ Barrons.com - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Mark S. Black's Raveneur hedge fund has already lined up nearly $400 million in assets, largely from deep-pocketed Blackstone Group (BX) and Pacific Alternative Asset Management (PAAMCO), according to sources close to the low-profile startup. PAAMCO sank $150 million into the fund, with Blackstone expected to follow shortly …
- Quinn: Listening to the VC dog whistle @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:48 PM EDT
Key figures in the venture capital world are starting, in a very subtle way, to raise hints that some air may soon be taken out of the Silicon Valley economy.
- Quoted: Marc Andreessen predicts big-spender startups will go poof @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
“New founders in last 10 years have ONLY been in environment where money is always easy to raise at higher valuations. THAT WILL NOT LAST. When the market turns, and it will turn, we will find out who ...
- Online survey company Qualtrics nabs $1 billion valuation @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 7:07 PM EDT
Qualtrics is the latest software company to join the $1 billion club with a mega investment from Silicon Valley venture firms Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners. The online-survey creator on Wednesday ...
- 3 Hard Choices That Can Boost Your Odds of Startup Success Entrepreneur - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
- Behind the Venture Capital Boom: Public Pensions @ BusinessWeek - Tue, Sep 23, 2014 12:52 PM EDT
Public pensions, responsible for the retirement of nearly 20 million Americans, have been the biggest source of venture capital funding for at least two years
- When Your Big Business Idea Stalls, Ask These 3 Questions Entrepreneur - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
- On topic: Tech news to know now @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:53 PM EDT
Once again, we’ve got your tech news links right here. Well, that didn’t take long. Google announces that its next-generation Android OS will have encryption turned on by default, just like Apple’s iOS. ...
- What Co-Working Spaces Can Teach You about Morale and Engagement Entrepreneur - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:15 AM EDT
- Want to Get Your Startup Into an Accelerator? Try These 5 Things. Entrepreneur - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
- Which Is a Better City for Startups, San Francisco or New York City? Entrepreneur - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
Entrepreneurs, investors and executives weigh in.
- UC plans VC fund to finance startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 6:52 PM EDT
The University of California on Monday announced plans for a $250 million venture capital fund to finance startups created by students and faculty, signaling a growing interest to cash in on companies ...
- Mark Cuban Explains What Separates Silicon Valley From Everywhere Else Benzinga - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 5:03 PM EDT
Mark Cuban knows a thing or two about investing. Over the past two decades, he has built up a net worth of $2.6 billion and turned around an NBA franchise. Mark Cuban's appearances on ABC's "Shark ...
- UC proposes $250 million venture fund for faculty- and student-led startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:07 PM EDT
The University of California has announced plans for a venture-capital fund to finance startups created on campuses, offering financial resources to the university-housed enterprise projects that VC firms ...
- University of California announced plans to create new venture fund for startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
The University of California announced Monday plans to create a $250 million independent venture fund to pursue investments in enterprises funded by UC research, subject to approval by its Board of Regents....
- UC proposes $250 million venture fund for faculty- and studet-led startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:09 AM EDT
The University of California has announced plans for a venture-capital fund to finance startups created on campuses, offering financial resources to the university-housed startups that VC firms often steer ...