- Post Properties Hikes Dividend 32% @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
REIT also declared second quarter dividends on its Series A preferred stock.
- Making Money Behind the Scenes in Payments Is Tough @ Bloomberg - 17 hours ago
IP Commerce Inc., a startup backed by Venrock Inc. and Intel Corp.’s venture-capital arm, is shutting its key business, which handles credit-card processing for companies including Groupon Inc., citing ...
- Why Yahoo! Buying Tumblr Is Not Great For NYC's Tech Scene @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
By Greg Gretsch, Managing Director, Sigma West, an early-stage technology VC firm in Silicon Valley. For years we've been hearing about how the ascendant tech startup scene in NYC is going to rival Silicon Valley's tech-hegemony. It's a story the mainstream media has run with hard because, after all, NYC is [...]
- Bidding War? Google Joins Race to Acquire Mapping Start-Up Waze @ Fox Business - 20 hours ago
Google is considering buying the Israeli mobile satellite navigation startup, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook.
- [video] Why Start-Ups Need To Know About Bootstrapping @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
When start-up financing is scarce, entrepreneurs should look to bootstrapping. Angel Investor Dale Murray explains what it is and how to attract finance.
- [video] Start-Ups Swimming in Cash @ TheStreet.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 6:30 AM EDT
Internet startups are not finding any difficulties in raising money. TheStreet asked several new companies about their financing at Internet Week NY.
- Goodrich Petroleum Drills Down on Preferred Dividend @ Motley Fool - Thu, May 23, 2013 5:12 PM EDT
Oil and gas exploration and production specialist will make payout on Series C preferrers
- NYCs Hottest Startups for 2013 Weigh in on Tumblr @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:30 PM EDT
Time Inc. kicks off Internet Week with the ten NYC startups it believes are the next big thing. From shopping, to dating and pet-commerce, heres whats ahead for these companies and what they have to say ...
- ETF Firm RevenueShares Gets a Chinese Investor ETF Trends - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:45 PM EDT
RevenueShares, the ETF sponsor known for its six-ETF suite of revenue-weighted funds, landed a $7 million investment from a Chinese venture capital firm in exchange for a 22% stake in the issuer’s parent ...
- The Conde Nast Startup Story Yahoo Should Study For Tumblr @ Forbes - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:14 PM EDT
The announcement of Yahoo’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr on Monday has been the talk of Internet Week in New York, with many such as venture capitalist Eric Hippeau praising the purchase as a victory for the New York tech community. Now comes the hard part as founder David Karp [...]
- Supertel Hospitality Series A Convertible Preferred Stock Crosses Above 8% Yield Territory @ Forbes - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:23 PM EDT
In trading on Thursday, shares of Supertel Hospitality Inc's 8% Series A Convertible Preferred Stock (NASD: SPPRP) were yielding above the 8% mark based on its monthly dividend (annualized to $0.80), with shares changing hands as low as $10.00 on the day. This compares to an average yield of 6.37% [...]
- Another VC Is Born: Well-Known Internet Exec Ben Ling Joins Khosla Ventures @ AllThingsD - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
The former Google, Facebook and Badoo exec is the second high-profile Silicon Valley operating exec the VC firm has hired of late.
- Ride-share service Lyft raises $60 million from venture capital firm Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:17 PM EDT
Ride-sharing service Lyft said it had raised $60 million from venture-capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, underscoring the growing appeal of services that tap into consumers' willingness to share goods and ...
- Ride-share service Lyft raises $60 mln from venture capital firm @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:04 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO, May 23 (Reuters) - Ride-sharing service Lyft said it had raised $60 million from venture-capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, underscoring the growing appeal of services that tap into consumers' ...
- Lyft, A Year-Old Startup That Helps Strangers Share Car Rides, Just Raised $60 Million From Andreessen … Business Insider - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
A massive infusion of cash.
- Former Chrysler, Fisker CEO launches venture fund with Penske Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:55 AM EDT
Tom LaSorda, the former chief executive of Chrysler Group LLC and Fisker Automotive, is launching a venture capital fund with racing magnate Roger Penske to invest in technology startups. The fund, IncWell ...
- Internet service startup receives $100K Iowa award AP - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:09 AM EDT
An eastern Iowa startup that tries to help businesses find cheaper Internet service has been awarded $100,000 in state assistance to help develop the company. The Iowa City Area Development Group said ...
- Yahoo Scoops Up Another Small Startup: Gaming Platform PlayerScale @ AllThingsD - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:58 AM EDT
Yahoo said it had bought PlayerScale, a small gaming infrastructure startup for cross-platform gaming. Yahoo has been on a bit of a tear in buying up small companies for low prices, to strengthen its talent ...
- Former Fisker Chief LaSorda Teams With Penske on Venture Fund @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:54 AM EDT
Tom LaSorda, former chief executive officer of Fisker Automotive Inc. and of the predecessor of Chrysler Group LLC, is starting a venture capital fund with racing mogul Roger Penske to invest in technology ...
- LinkedIn acquires team of social polling start-up Maybe, TechCrunch reports @ Theflyonthewall.com - Thu, May 23, 2013 7:49 AM EDT
LinkedIn acquires team of social polling start-up Maybe, TechCrunch reports
- Australian Venture OneWind Plans $2 Billion in Power Projects @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:50 AM EDT
OneWind Australia, a venture backed by private equity fund Denham Capital Management LP, expects the first of as much as $2 billion in wind farms it plans in the country to start operating by 2015.
- [$$] Electric Car Startup Tesla Repays U.S. Loan @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:06 AM EDT
Electric Car Startup Tesla Repays U.S. Loan
- MetLife's Series A Preferred Shares Cross 4% Yield Mark @ Forbes - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:31 PM EDT
In trading on Wednesday, shares of MetLife Inc's Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series A (NYSE: MET.PRA) were yielding above the 4% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $1.0222), with shares changing hands as low as $25.45 on the day. This compares to an average yield of 5.05% [...]
- U.S. Herakles farms halts Cameroon palm oil development @ Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 1:28 PM EDT
YAOUNDE, May 22 (Reuters) - A company owned by New York venture capital firm Herakles Capital has suspended work on a giant palm oil plantation in Cameroon after protests by environmental groups and villagers, ...
- Dixon Doll on Immigration, Dish's LightSquared Bid @ Bloomberg - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:44 AM EDT
May 22 (Bloomberg) -- Dixon Doll, co-founder of venture-capital firm DCM Inc., talks about the Senate Judiciary Committee's approval of a measure to overhaul U.S. immigration law which includes an easing ...
- How much did Tumblr's VCs really make? @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:36 AM EDT
Reports of VC returns on Tumblr have been greatly exaggerated.
- Inside The $100M Startup: What They Do And Where They Grow @ Forbes - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:24 AM EDT
Startups that quickly grow to $100 million in sales or more are vital to the economy, a new study shows. There's a distinct pattern to where these super-successful startups launch and some surprising news on which sectors predominate.
- [video] Why Banks are No Use to Tech Start-Ups @ MarketWatch - Wed, May 22, 2013 4:15 AM EDT
Banks are of little value to tech start-ups says John Mullins, associate professor of management practice at London Business School. He explains where entrepreneurs might go instead. Photo: LBS
- NYC Startup Scene Boosted by 50-Fold Tumblr Deal Return @ Bloomberg - Tue, May 21, 2013 4:08 PM EDT
Tumblr Inc.’s $1.1 billion purchase by Yahoo! Inc. marks the biggest deal for a venture-backed New York startup, bringing a windfall for East Coast investors Union Square Ventures and Spark Capital while ...
- Hazards of the Buzzy Startup @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:55 PM EDT
Hazards of the Buzzy Startup
- [video] Ticketing startup's push to be a $1B biz @ CNNMoney.com - Mon, May 20, 2013 8:06 PM EDT
Ticketing startup's push to be a $1B biz
- Toronto's Tumblrs: New Crop Of Start-Ups Await The Big Time @ Forbes - Mon, May 20, 2013 4:47 PM EDT
From WattPad to MyShoebox, Toronto's start-ups ready for the big time.
- Ex-Div Reminder for Kite Realty Group Trust's Series A Preferred Shares @ Forbes - Mon, May 20, 2013 3:21 PM EDT
On 5/22/13, Kite Realty Group Trust's 8.250% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares (NYSE: KRG.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.5156, payable on 5/31/13. As a percentage of KRG.PRA's recent share price of $27.35, this dividend works out to approximately 1.89%, so look for …
- STAG Industrial's Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock Yield Pushes Past 8% @ Forbes - Mon, May 20, 2013 2:28 PM EDT
In trading on Monday, shares of STAG Industrial Inc.'s 9.0% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (NYSE: STAG.PRA) were yielding above the 8% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $2.25), with shares changing hands as low as $27.84 on the day. This compares to an average yield of [...]
- Urstadt Biddle Properties Series D Senior Cumulative Preferred Stock Yield Pushes Past 7% @ Forbes - Mon, May 20, 2013 2:25 PM EDT
In trading on Monday, shares of Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc's 7.5% Series D Senior Cumulative Preferred Stock (NYSE: UBP.PRD) were yielding above the 7% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $1.875), with shares changing hands as low as $26.47 on the day. This compares to an average yield [...]
- NEA Notches 3,000 Percent Return on Tableau Software Investment @ Bloomberg - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:23 PM EDT
For New Enterprise Associates Inc., its investment return on Tableau Software Inc. was off the charts.
- PartnerRe's Series D Preferred Shares Ex-Dividend Reminder - 5/21/13 @ Forbes - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:13 PM EDT
On 5/21/13, PartnerRe Ltd.'s 6.50% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares (NYSE: PRE.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4062, payable on 6/3/13. As a percentage of PRE.PRD's recent share price of $25.60, this dividend works out to approximately 1.59%, so look for shares of PRE.PRD to …
- MidAmerican and TransAlta Form Geothermal Venture in California @ Bloomberg - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:26 PM EDT
MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co. and TransAlta Corp. formed CalEnergy LLC, a joint venture to market electricity from 10 aging geothermal power plants they own in Southern California.
- [video] Nikkei Business Report @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:40 AM EDT
Mitsui, Mitsubishi and Nippon Yusen reached a joint venture agreement with the U.S. firm Sempra Energy. The project, estimated to cost $10 billion, plans to produce 12 million tons of liquefied natural ...
- AG Mortgage Investment Trust's Series A Preferred Shares Cross 8% Yield Mark @ Forbes - Thu, May 16, 2013 2:41 PM EDT
In trading on Thursday, shares of AG Mortgage Investment Trust Inc's 8.25% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (NYSE: MITT.PRA) were yielding above the 8% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $2.0625), with shares changing hands as low as $25.73 on the day. This compares to an average [...]
- What Are Hedge Funds Buying?: Money Moves (05/15) @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 16, 2013 1:09 PM EDT
May 15 (Bloomberg) -- "Money Moves" brings insight to investors looking for alternatives Deirdre Bolton talks to the professionals in hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, angel investing ...
- National Bank of Kenya Plans 2014 Rights Offer to Fund Expansion @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:21 AM EDT
National Bank of Kenya Ltd. will raise as much as 10 billion shillings ($119 million) in a rights offer to fund an expansion plan as it seeks to quadruple revenue by 2017, Managing Director Munir Sheikh ...
- SAP Will More Than Double Investments in Venture-Capital Funds @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 16, 2013 7:30 AM EDT
SAP AG’s venture-capital group said it’s more than doubling investments in early-stage funds as it seeks increased access to emerging business-software companies.
- Mexican builder ICA opens path for possible sale of OMA shares @ Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 11:27 PM EDT
MEXICO CITY, May 15 (Reuters) - Mexican construction company ICA said on Wednesday it had cleared a path allowing it to sell up to 100 million Series B shares it owns of airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario ...
- OMA Airports files to sell 100M Series B shares for selling holder Theflyonthewall.com - Wed, May 15, 2013 4:01 PM EDT
16:01 EDT OMA Airports files to sell 100M Series B shares for selling holder
- Amazon Is a Monster in Product Search: Jordan @ Bloomberg - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:21 PM EDT
May 15 (Bloomberg) -- Andreessen Horowitz Partner Jeff Jordan discusses the battle between Google and Amazon.com over e-commerce with Emily Chang on Bloomberg Television's "Bloomberg West." (Source: ...
- Fitch Rates AXIS Capital's Preferred Securities 'BBB' @ Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:19 PM EDT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, May 15 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned a 'BBB' rating to the $200 million of Series D Preferred Shares expected to be issued by AXIS ...
- The Power Of Social Capital @ Forbes - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:17 PM EDT
Who you know -- and who they know -- can be a powerful thing. Adam Lilling -- serial entrepreneur, accelerator co-founder, and new venture capitalist -- is banking on the fact that influence counts, and that social capital can be leveraged in an organized way. His new fund Plus Capital will bring startups and influencers …
- Activist Investing: Money Moves (05/14) @ Bloomberg - Wed, May 15, 2013 11:30 AM EDT
May 14 (Bloomberg) -- "Money Moves" brings insight to investors looking for alternatives Deirdre Bolton talks to the professionals in hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, angel investing ...
- Drones Take Off in Silicon Valley @ New York Times - Wed, May 15, 2013 7:30 AM EDT
Even before American skies are open to commercially operated drones, a drone start-up called Airware plans to announce Wednesday that it has raised $10.7 million in a financing round led by the venture ...