- Want to Get Your Startup Into an Accelerator? Try These 5 Things. Entrepreneur - 16 hours ago
- Which Is a Better City for Startups, San Francisco or New York City? Entrepreneur - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
Entrepreneurs, investors and executives weigh in.
- UC plans VC fund to finance startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 6:52 PM EDT
The University of California on Monday announced plans for a $250 million venture capital fund to finance startups created by students and faculty, signaling a growing interest to cash in on companies ...
- Mark Cuban Explains What Separates Silicon Valley From Everywhere Else Benzinga - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 5:03 PM EDT
Mark Cuban knows a thing or two about investing. Over the past two decades, he has built up a net worth of $2.6 billion and turned around an NBA franchise. Mark Cuban's appearances on ABC's "Shark ...
- UC proposes $250 million venture fund for faculty- and student-led startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:07 PM EDT
The University of California has announced plans for a venture-capital fund to finance startups created on campuses, offering financial resources to the university-housed enterprise projects that VC firms ...
- University of California announced plans to create new venture fund for startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
The University of California announced Monday plans to create a $250 million independent venture fund to pursue investments in enterprises funded by UC research, subject to approval by its Board of Regents....
- The trouble with too much seed capital @ Financial Times - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 7:11 AM EDT
Xenios Thrasyvoulou has followed the Silicon Valley rule book when it comes to ambitious tech start-ups. Barely a year after launching his freelance jobs website, PeoplePerHour, the London-based founder ...
- UC proposes $250 million venture fund for faculty- and studet-led startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:09 AM EDT
The University of California has announced plans for a venture-capital fund to finance startups created on campuses, offering financial resources to the university-housed startups that VC firms often steer ...
- 25 Reasons I Will Not Invest in Your Startup Entrepreneur - Mon, Sep 15, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
What’s the point in losing money on purpose? Here are some telltale clues that your business is not a sound proposition.
- Go Fund Yourself Entrepreneur - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
- Google buys an online polling startup to help improve Google+ @ Engadget - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 9:03 PM EDT
You know what Google+ really needs, more than anything else? Polls. Right, maybe not, but Google did just acquire a startup (yes, another one!) called Polar that specialized in crafting buzzy online polls ...
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. Returns 40% YTD And Has More Great News For Investors Benzinga - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
Data center REITs provide investors an innovative way to cash in on the exponential growth of big data and the cloud computing revolution. Industry pioneer Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: DLR ) has increased ...
- BMW reveals all-new 2 Series convertibles @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Sep 10, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
BMW’s cheapest coupe lost its top Tuesday as the automaker unveiled the all-new 2 Series convertible.
- Cambridge puts record sums into high-tech ventures @ Financial Times - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 7:07 PM EDT
The University of Cambridge has invested a record amount this year to turn nerdy academics into high-tech entrepreneurs, sinking £2.7m into early-stage start-ups as it seeks to improve the UK's reputation ...
- BMW introduces topless 2 Series @ USA TODAY - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 6:01 PM EDT
The cloth top can be opened or closed in 20 seconds in speeds up to 30 miles per hour
- Diageo Asks Tech Startups to Solve These Boozy Problems @ BusinessWeek - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 2:23 PM EDT
Diageo is offering to fund pilots by tech companies to help reduce irresponsible drinking and theft
- salesforce.com, inc. Launches $100 Million Venture Fund Benzinga - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 2:02 PM EDT
salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE: CRM ) launched a $100 million venture fund to invest in companies developing mobile apps related to the Salesforce products. The San Francisco-based customer relations and cloud ...
- A New Program to Support Entrepreneurs Entrepreneur - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 12:45 PM EDT
- Salesforce Launches $100 Million Fund to Invest in Entrepreneurs Building Apps On Its Platform Entrepreneur - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 11:58 AM EDT
- 4 Ways Large Companies Can Rediscover Their Inner Startup Entrepreneur - Fri, Sep 5, 2014 5:15 PM EDT
- Angel Investor Ali Partovi joins food-tech startup Hampton Creek @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Sep 4, 2014 7:59 PM EDT
Ali Partovi, a top tech angel investor, has joined food-tech startup Hampton Creek to pioneer the company’s growth, becoming the latest in a wave of Silicon Valley leaders to latch onto a movement that ...
- Your Startup Can Thrive Without VC That it Will Probably Never Get Anyway Entrepreneur - Thu, Sep 4, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
- The Largest VC Fund ($500M) Raised by Majority-Female Partners Quietly Closed in June Entrepreneur - Wed, Sep 3, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
- Google's health startup forges venture with AbbVie Associated Press - Wed, Sep 3, 2014 2:09 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Google's ambitious health startup is teaming up with biotechnology drugmaker AbbVie in a $500 million joint venture that will try to develop new ways to treat cancer and other diseases such as Alzheimer's.
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Joint Ventures Entrepreneur - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 3:45 PM EDT
- When Picking a Startup to Join, Think Like an Investor Entrepreneur - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 10:15 AM EDT
- Recent equity developments and management outlook Market Realist - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Safe Bulkers' management believes that it doesn't want to over leverage the company. It wants to maintain a controlled debt level of ~50%. Also, it doesn't want to issue shares at this point and dilute ...
- Top 50 Universities for VC-Backed Entrepreneurs Entrepreneur - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
- Why Carmelo Anthony Is Funding SeatGeek @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
Call it the Kayak of sports and concert tickets
- Jessica Alba's Startup Raises $70 Million as It Prepares to Go Public Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
- 7 Illusions to Shed in the First 100 Days of Your Startup Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
- Quoted: on startups and changing the world @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:17 PM EDT
“I’d love to create more meaningful products that have a significant impact on the world, but how can I if I can’t afford to pay my own rent first?” — Pieter Levels, 28, whose goal is to launch 12 startups ...
- Nutanix raises $140 million as it readies for 2015 IPO @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
San Jose-based Nutanix announced a new round of funding Wednesday that pushes its value to more than $2 billion.
- Honest Co. hauls in $70 million from investors as it eyes IPO @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 9:45 PM EDT
As the Jessica Alba-founded start-up Honest Co. eyes a listing on the stock market, it's picking up an additional $70 million in funding.
- 3 Unconventional Tips on Building a Startup Entrepreneur - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
- Quoted: on Russia’s startup environment @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 12:14 PM EDT
“The chances of any startup working are already low, and if you add up the corruption risk and legal and political risk, it’s insane to start a company [in Russia] if you could move it to California or ...
- USC, UCLA, Caltech get joint grant to fuel tech start-ups in L.A. @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 12:10 PM EDT
With funding from the National Science Foundation, three of the top universities in Southern California are teaming up to supply instruction, events and research aimed at helping technology start-ups flourish ...
- Job listing service ZipRecruiter raises $63 million @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 11:34 AM EDT
ZipRecruiter, a Santa Monica start-up that tries to simplify tasks for recruiters, has raised $63 million in initial venture capital funding as the 4-year-old service races to keep up with growing demand....
- [$$] Join the Money Crowd @ Barrons.com - Sat, Aug 23, 2014 1:36 AM EDT
Once the purview of the very wealthy, the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act allowed accredited investors—defined as those with $200,000 in annual income ($300,000 for couples) or a household net worth of $1 million or more, not including a primary residence—to provide angel investing. Prior to the act's implementation …
- Swiss startup creates a wearable chair so you can rest anywhere @ Engadget - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 9:17 PM EDT
Most of the wearable gadgets getting people hot and bothered either strap onto your face or your wrist, but Swiss startup noonee has cooked up a little something that straps to your legs instead. Well, ...
- Is Google Too Big for Pittsburgh? @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 6:20 PM EDT
Startups blame the company for stealing engineers and driving up wages
- This Is Y Combinator's Next Hot Area of Investment Entrepreneur - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 1:06 PM EDT
For the first time, the accelerator program is actively recruiting startups outside the tech space.
- LG's L-series phones keep the flair but drop the specs @ Engadget - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 8:11 AM EDT
With its latest L-series devices, LG is sticking to its script of building low-spec devices that retain some of the design cues, features and software of its higher-end handsets. Like earlier models, both ...
- Big Business Meets the Startup World Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 11:47 AM EDT
- Security software makers learn to counter-punch more @ USA TODAY - Sun, Aug 17, 2014 2:24 PM EDT
Successful intrusions into the computer systems of Fortune 500 companies are fast becoming routine.
- Google snags Instagram-scanning city guide startup Jetpac @ Engadget - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 8:28 PM EDT
Google's summer of startup acquisitions rolls on, ladies and gentlemen. In today's installment, the search giant snapped up a San Francisco-based travel startup called Jetpac for (you guessed it!) an undisclosed ...
- Transitioning From the Secure Corporate Nest to Entrepreneur Digs Entrepreneur - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
- 5 Startups to Watch at Y Combinator's Demo Day Entrepreneur - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
- Why Leveraging Sales to Finance Growth Is Better Than Wooing a VC Entrepreneur - Thu, Aug 14, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
- 4 Tips From Experts on Hiring the People Who Make the CEO a Star Entrepreneur - Wed, Aug 13, 2014 6:30 PM EDT