- Michigan Startup Raises $10 Million To Revolutionize A Multi-Billion-Dollar Industry Benzinga - 19 hours ago
FarmLogs , a startup that uses software and data science to improve agriculture, has raised $10 million in a Series B round of financing. SV Angel and Y Combinator President Sam Altman joined the existing ...
- 5 Signs Your New Business Venture Will Fail Entrepreneur - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 5:30 PM EST
- On the path of digital disruption @ Financial Times - Sun, Dec 14, 2014 5:39 PM EST
Would you like an MBA-style education but lack the necessary funds, the time or live too far away from a top school to contemplate full-time study? Well, there is an app for that. This is the rather bold ...
- Infographic: Are We In A Startup Bubble? Benzinga - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 12:22 PM EST
This is the second article in a two-part series. Click here to read part one. Last month, Benzinga shared a comprehensive look at the response to Marc Andreessen's Twitter commentary on startup valuations. ...
- BMW 6 Series now comes in three flavors @ USA TODAY - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 8:08 AM EST
There's a four-door, two-door and a convertible
- Artificial-Intelligence Startup MetaMind’s Bright Idea: Give Its Software Away @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 8:57 PM EST
MetaMind customizes its deep-learning software for businesses that want to learn faster
- Expense-Reporting Startup Finds Big Growth by Focusing on Small Companies @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Taking on larger rivals such as Concur Technologies, Expensify has doubled its revenue annually
- 4 Big Challenges That Startups Face Entrepreneur - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 3:30 PM EST
- BroBible, Uproxx and rest of Woven Digital network raise $18 million @ Los Angeles Times - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Dudes, bros, guys -- whatever you want to call them -- are the latest target for venture capitalists, who are displaying a continued appetite for advertising-supported news websites.
- Has the Disruption Metaphor Outlived Its Purpose? Entrepreneur - Wed, Dec 10, 2014 5:15 PM EST
- How Doing the Simple Startup Math Helps Avoid Overwhelm Entrepreneur - Wed, Dec 10, 2014 1:30 PM EST
- Staying Out of the Shark Tank: What To Consider When Choosing Investors Entrepreneur - Tue, Dec 9, 2014 9:15 AM EST
- Twitter Co-Founder Launches 'World Positive' Investing Fund Entrepreneur - Mon, Dec 8, 2014 2:35 PM EST
- The rise of China's entrepreneurial spirit @ Financial Times - Sun, Dec 7, 2014 5:31 PM EST
In the cold basement of an office block in northwest Beijing, a group of would-be entrepreneurs huddle around a computer screen, poring over their latest prototype. A few miles away, in a well-heated and ...
- 3 Dominant Ad-Tech Companies Share the Secrets of Their Success Entrepreneur - Thu, Dec 4, 2014 2:30 PM EST
- Uber Confirms $1.2 Billion Financing Round Benzinga - Thu, Dec 4, 2014 12:08 PM EST
Uber said Thursday it raised $1.2 billion in a new venture financing round, giving it additional capacity remaining for strategic investments. The new venture capital financing may value Uber at $40 billion, ...
- Y Combinator hires first black partner to recruit more minorities @ USA TODAY - Wed, Dec 3, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Michael Seibel is joining the incubator as a full-time partner to coach high-tech hopefuls.
- Stripe, a mobile payments startup, valued at $3.5 billion @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Dec 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Stripe, the digital payments company that helped drive Apple Pay’s early success, has raised $70 million in new funding, making it the 14th most valuable startup in the world. Thrive Capital and Sequoia ...
- The 5 Things You Need to Land Venture Capital Entrepreneur - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST
- 4 Ways to Tweak Your Marketing Message for Enterprise Clients Entrepreneur - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 6:00 PM EST
- Why I Back Eric Ries Over Peter Thiel Entrepreneur - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 1:30 PM EST
- Hollywood is giving tech start-ups the star treatment @ Los Angeles Times - Sun, Nov 23, 2014 8:00 AM EST
Japanese technology entrepreneur Ken Fukazawa was in San Francisco in March when his geeky friends told him about something awesome coming up in Los Angeles.
- Current immigration laws hamstring U.S. economy, tech industry says @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 2:16 PM EST
The presidential orders on immigration Thursday night offered little relief to the nation’s technology industry, with company executives, venture capitalists and lobbyists expressing frustration that Congress ...
- What the Father of Lean Startup Thinks You Need to Start Up Entrepreneur - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 12:18 PM EST
- Valley Veteran Gideon Yu Tries His Hand at Starting a Company @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Eva Automation is focused broadly on redesigning controls for electronics
- 8 Reasons to Launch Your Startup Outside of Silicon Valley Entrepreneur - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST
- Why I Left the 'Coolest Job in America' for a Startup Entrepreneur - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 9:45 AM EST
- Answer These 6 Questions Before Sinking Money Into Some Entrepreneur's Great Idea Entrepreneur - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 8:30 AM EST
- Report: Coinbase in talks to raise up to $60 million @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 2:07 PM EST
Silicon Valley high-profile investors appear to be lining up behind bitcoin, the crytocurrency that has won the hearts of many tech workers despite its volatility and uncertain future. Coinbase, an online ...
- Every Business Must Raise Funding and Other Startup Myths Entrepreneur - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Understand what options work best for your business with these expert tips.
- Starting a Business? Issues You've Likely Overlooked Entrepreneur - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 4:21 PM EST
- Ellen Pao steps in as Reddit CEO @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 6:59 PM EST
The leader of popular microblogging site Reddit is out, and taking over the top position is Ellen Pao, a former venture capitalist who landed in the spotlight in 2012 after suing her firm for sex discrimination....
- Need a Loan? Let's Look at Your LinkedIn Profile First. Entrepreneur - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 12:00 PM EST
- 3 Sizzling Stats to Consider About Silicon Beach Entrepreneur - Tue, Nov 11, 2014 5:00 PM EST
- Sam Raimi's bringing an 'Evil Dead' series to TV in 2015 @ Engadget - Tue, Nov 11, 2014 9:22 AM EST
In a world where any show with "The" and "Dead" in the title is a runaway success comes, er, another one. That's because Starz has teamed up with Sam Raimi to produce a new TV series ...
- 5 Tips for Succeeding When Your City's Startup Scene Sucks Entrepreneur - Mon, Nov 10, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Entrepreneurs live in communities across the country beyond Silicon Valley and Silicon Alley. Here's how to maximize your area's offerings.
- Uber in talks to raise another $1 billion @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, Nov 10, 2014 1:33 PM EST
Uber, the big gorilla in the car service startup space, is reportedly in talks to raise $1 billion to fuel the company’s rapid international expansion — and fund its ongoing heated rivalry with regulators ...
- Machinima rebrands itself under tagline 'Heroes Rise' @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Nov 10, 2014 9:00 AM EST
Machinima, a specialty YouTube network devoted mainly to gaming aficionados, announced Monday that it is rebranding under the tagline “Heroes Rise.”
- VC world changing as hedge funds target tech startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Nov 7, 2014 7:30 PM EST
Wall Street is becoming a bigger player in the tech startup scene, throwing gobs of money at companies, driving up funding rounds and creating monster-sized valuations.
- Who Invests in Private Companies and How Do You Reach Them? Entrepreneur - Fri, Nov 7, 2014 4:45 PM EST
- 3 Signs That Your Partner Program Is Going Belly Up Entrepreneur - Fri, Nov 7, 2014 12:30 PM EST
- Are You Cut Out to Work at a Startup? Entrepreneur - Thu, Nov 6, 2014 3:30 PM EST
- Netflix will make 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' TV show @ Engadget - Thu, Nov 6, 2014 7:47 AM EST
It's been 10 years since Lemony Snickets' A Series of Unfortunate Events was made into a movie, and you've probably accepted by now that there won't be a second one. We're not about to tell you that there ...
- Mitch Kapor challenges high-tech: Create social change @ USA TODAY - Tue, Nov 4, 2014 9:47 AM EST
Silicon Valley has the potential to actually do revolutionary things and create life-changing technologies.
- This Startup Wants to Shine a Light on Far Reaches of the Globe Entrepreneur - Tue, Nov 4, 2014 9:00 AM EST
- The Critical Process of Identifying the Right Co-Founder Entrepreneur - Mon, Nov 3, 2014 1:15 PM EST
- 12 Tips for Finding Seed Funding, Starting With a Close Look at Your Pocket Entrepreneur - Fri, Oct 31, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
- Game 7 of 2014 World Series gives Fox a home run in ratings @ Los Angeles Times - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 8:29 PM EDT
Game 7 of the 2014 World Series between the San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals helped Fox score big in TV ratings.
- Strong Ratings for Game 7 Save a Subpar World Series @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 5:56 PM EDT
For one night, baseball was doing just fine, as 23.5 million viewers saw the San Francisco Giants defeat the Kansas City Royals
- Charlie Rose Talks to Steve Case @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
The AOL founder turned venture capitalist discusses the urgency of nurturing America's entrepreneurs