- How One Man Brought Health Care to India's Poorest Populations Entrepreneur - 20 hours ago
- Flat6Labs CEO Ramez Mohamed: Abu Dhabi's Ecosystem Just Erupted, And Your Startup Might Fit The Bill Entrepreneur - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 1:07 PM EST
"Abu Dhabi is a perfect fit as a rapidly growing market. Abu Dhabi has more than US$100 billion earmarked for education, housing, and transportation under its 2030 Economic Vision. Abu Dhabi is also ranked 23rd of 189 economies for ease of doing business. The UAE is a highly conducive digital market with 78% smartphone …
- 20 Inspiring Quotes on How to Build a Successful Startup Entrepreneur - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 9:15 AM EST
- Andreessen to invest $58m in TransferWise @ Financial Times - Sun, Jan 25, 2015 7:35 PM EST
Andreessen Horowitz, the US venture capital group that was an early backer of Facebook, has won a competitive bidding process to invest in TransferWise, the money transfer group that is one of London's ...
- Quoted: on the rise of the ‘unicorn’ startups @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:12 PM EST
“It used to be that unicorns were these mythical creatures. Now there are herds of unicorns.” — Jason Green, a venture capitalist at Emergence Capital Partners, on the growing number of “unicorns,” or ...
- 3 Ways to Optimize Your Startup's Content Marketing Entrepreneur - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 8:45 AM EST
- Menorca Millennials Offers Startups a Pricey Summer Camp @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 5:47 PM EST
Menorca, a 270-square-mile Spanish island about an hour’s flight from Barcelona, is known for its undeveloped beaches, aromatic gin, and rich lobster stew. In June the island will play host to 20 teams of startup founders, plus tech industry veterans and venture capitalists, for a retreat aimed at supplying funding to …
- An Israeli Cyber Warrior Puts a Scare Into CEOs at Davos @ BusinessWeek - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 12:15 PM EST
Citigroup's chief and other corporate titans are told to learn from Islamic State in the battle against clever hackers
- Hulu's next series comes from the maker of 'Video Game High School' @ Engadget - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 3:10 AM EST
Many of Hulu's original shows are meant as equivalents to conventional TV, but the streaming service is about to take some of its internet rivals head-on. It just unveiled plans for a new series from RocketJump, ...
- Coinbase makes history, raising largest-ever round for bitcoin startup @ San Jose Mercury News - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 4:52 PM EST
No matter how dubious you — you, the general public, the consumer, the average person carrying a wallet with credit cards — are about Internet currencies such as bitcoin, venture capitalists and Wall Street ...
- Smart Jewelry Startup Ringly Cinches $5.1 Million in New Funding Entrepreneur - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 2:37 PM EST
- Jibo, the Personal Robot Startup, Lands $25 Million in Funding Entrepreneur - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 1:32 PM EST
- This Startup Cold Called Netflix, T-Mobile, Delta... And Won Benzinga - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 6:04 PM EST
Cold calling typically has a bad reputation. Yet, on the rare occasions, this practice can be undeniably fruitful. Look no further than Sparkcentral for evidence of such an instance. The customer engagement ...
- Google Joins in $1 Billion Round for Rocket Startup SpaceX @ Barrons.com - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 5:00 PM EST
Google (GOOGL) has participated in a $1 billion financing round for rocket startup SpaceX, according to a funding release by the startup this afternoon, confirming earlier rumors. Said SpaceX: Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) has raised a billion dollars in a financing round with two new investors, Google and Fidelity. …
- Coinbase Closes $75 Million VC Round, Largest-Ever for a Bitcoin Company Entrepreneur - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 12:16 PM EST
- With $15 billion valuation, Palo Alto-based Palantir looks to raise more money @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 8:50 AM EST
Palantir Technologies -- the big data company founded by entrepreneur and billionaire investor Peter Thiel -- is looking to raise yet another round of capital, after landing $500 million from investors ...
- Start-ups and their funders shoot for the stars @ Financial Times - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 8:23 AM EST
Last year's crashes of rockets operated by Virgin Galactic and Orbital Sciences came as a reminder of the risks inherent in commercial space ventures. But just three months later, a rush of new fundraising ...
- Home Improvement Startup Porch Raises $65 Million at $500 Million Valuation Entrepreneur - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 7:00 AM EST
- A Google-backed startup wants to change VR as we know it @ Engadget - Mon, Jan 19, 2015 6:51 AM EST
What do you do when a good idea fails? You invest in a better version of it. We've known about Google's huge bet on startup Magic Leap for months, but a recent patent application explains why Mountain ...
- Why This Collaborative Platform for Musicians Is Drumming Up Big Bucks Entrepreneur - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 12:30 PM EST
- Venture capital funding approaches dot-com levels @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Venture funding last year had its best year since the height of the dot-com boom, and Silicon Valley companies received nearly half of all the investments, according to a report released Friday.
- Medium moves forward with Foreword video series @ USA TODAY - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 5:29 PM EST
The video series with noted authors is Comedy Central meets TED, says host and author Kelly Corrigan.
- Where Famous Tech Founders Went to College (Infographic) Entrepreneur - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 12:13 PM EST
- Food-Tech Startup Soylent Snags $20 Million in Funding Entrepreneur - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 11:49 AM EST
- San Francisco pulls away as leader in venture money @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 9:26 AM EST
No other city with a booming tech scene came close to receiving the level of VC investments that San Francisco saw last year.
- Soylent, all-in-one foodmaker now based in L.A., raises $20 million @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Soylent Co., the Los Angeles start-up that makes a powdery food substance with a sweeping nutritional composition, has raised $20 million in additional venture capital, the company announced Wednesday....
- With mega funding round, Instacart plans to deliver more than groceries @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 10:34 AM EST
Instacart made it official Tuesday – the startup has raised its largest funding round yet, pocketing $220 million from venture capitalists and hedge funds, which will allow the company to expand its delivery ...
- The 3 Most Overlooked Ingredients of Startup Success Are All in Your Head Entrepreneur - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 9:15 AM EST
- Venture funds raise $29.8 billion as tech draws eager investors @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 8:41 AM EST
The lucrative tech boom is drawing investors from all ends of the globe, who are eagerly writing checks to venture capital firms in an effort to get a toehold in the startup scene that is creating newly ...
- Why That VP From Google Is Probably Not the Best Fit for Your Startup Entrepreneur - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 5:00 PM EST
- 7 Traits of Truly Sensational Startup Employees Entrepreneur - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- Meet the Startups That Faced Off at the First-Ever 'Pitch Night NYC' Entrepreneur - Fri, Jan 9, 2015 5:35 PM EST
- CES: Consumer Sensors, Open-Source 3-D Printing Among Gems of Gadget Previews @ Barrons.com - Thu, Jan 8, 2015 2:36 PM EST
It’s not all Intel (INTC) and Samsung Electronics (005930KS) at Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week. Press also try to glean the next thing from a myriad of startups. Press are in fact treated ...
- Peter Thiel’s VC firm invests millions into legal pot industry @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Jan 8, 2015 2:09 PM EST
Peter Thiel has likely become the first top-tier VC to invest millions into pot. Thiel, through his San Francisco venture-capital firm Founders Fund, has invested several millions into Privateer Holdings, ...
- This Startup Wants to Make Shopping Online Even Easier Entrepreneur - Thu, Jan 8, 2015 10:00 AM EST
- Founders Fund invests millions in cannabis venture Privateer Holdings @ Los Angeles Times - Thu, Jan 8, 2015 6:00 AM EST
The nation’s burgeoning legal cannabis industry now has a major tech player on its side.
- The Year in Startup Funding (Infographic) Entrepreneur - Sat, Jan 3, 2015 3:00 PM EST
- Snapchat raised $486 million in year of big deals @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Jan 2, 2015 1:32 PM EST
Another big VC round snuck into the top 10 deals of 2014 in the nick of time: Snapchat raised $486 million at a valuation of $10 billion, it said in a filing on New Year’s Eve. Southern California-based ...
- Win an Investor's Money by Acing These 5 Questions Entrepreneur - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 3:00 PM EST
- Grocery Delivery Startup Instacart Reportedly Raises $220 Million Entrepreneur - Tue, Dec 30, 2014 2:10 PM EST
The latest round is said to value the two-year-old company at roughly $2 billion.
- Instacart raises $220 million, adds to year of mega tech deals @ San Jose Mercury News - Tue, Dec 30, 2014 2:07 PM EST
Instacart, the scrappy grocery delivery service challenging AmazonFresh, revealed on Tuesday that it has raised up to $220 million, a boost for the quick-growing startup that has so far proven the throngs ...
- So, You Want to Move Your Startup to Silicon Valley. Now What? Entrepreneur - Mon, Dec 29, 2014 1:00 PM EST
- Quoted: on Xiaomi as most valuable tech startup @ San Jose Mercury News - Mon, Dec 29, 2014 11:55 AM EST
“I don’t think there’s any company that has reached $1 billion in revenue as fast as Xiaomi. In every conceivable benchmark, it’s almost unprecedented in terms of its speed of growth.” — Yuri Milner, billionaire ...
- 5 Essentials for Raising Your Growth Round of Funding Entrepreneur - Mon, Dec 29, 2014 8:30 AM EST
- 4 Qualities of the Right VC for Your Startup Entrepreneur - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:30 AM EST
- Thanks to Crowdfunding, This Food Startup Has a Growing Fanbase to Help Female Farmers Abroad Entrepreneur - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 9:30 AM EST
- Super Angels Answer the Prayers of Startups Starved for Funding Entrepreneur - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST
- Google Ventures-Backed Startup Wants To Change The Way You Trade Benzinga - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor, but Robinhood (a new Fintech startup) wants to give investors the ability to trade without robbing anyone. "We really intend for Robinhood to be ...
- How to Seek Early-Stage Funding That Won't Spoil Your Startup Entrepreneur - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 3:00 PM EST
- The Strategies 4 CEOs Used to Raise $50 Million in Venture Capital Entrepreneur - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 12:30 PM EST