NEW ORLEANS, LA--(Marketwired - Oct 8, 2013) - There's nothing like football season in Louisiana, and the color and passion of fall wouldn't be the same without Louisianians' year-round obsession: food.
Great food is essential to a great tailgating or football-watching party. It can't be just any kind of food, though. The best football party foods are tasty, filling, spicy (to encourage beverage consumption) and easy to eat with fingers (to make cleanup a breeze).
Football parties, in other words, are made to order for VooDoo BBQ's catering service, which can serve up unique, New Orleans-style BBQ for a party or occasion of any size. It's a critical part of our business and a key boon for our franchise owners.
"From the time we opened our first restaurant in 2002, we wanted VooDoo to reflect the culture and flavor of south Louisiana, and our franchise partners gain a lot of fans and income from preparing food that's made to order for football parties in the fall," said CEO Tony Avila.
Most lists of the most popular football foods include items such as ribs, chicken wings and tenders, nachos and dips. VooDoo's main menu contains plenty of those items -- but with a distinctive VooDoo kick our franchise partners have no trouble selling to hungry football fans:
- Our Smoked Monster Wings, tossed in one of our unique or traditional sauces.
- Our Big Ch-Easy Fries, topped with cheddar cheese, queso and green onions and served with chipotle ranch.
- Slow Smoked Brisket, Pulled Pork and Cajun Smoked Sausage sandwiches.
- Competition-style VooDoo BBQ ribs, seasoned well enough to eat alone or with one of VooDoo's three distinctive sauces.
- Unique side dishes such as our famous corn pudding and sweet potato soufflé.
VooDoo BBQ & Grill opened its first location in New Orleans on Mardi Gras 2002 and has expanded to 57 locations in six states. VooDoo serves competition-style barbecue beef, pork and chicken with unique side dishes, plus salads and sandwiches, in a clean, colorful fast-casual environment. For more information, visit voodoobbq.com or voodoofranchise.com.