ARLINGTON, Va., June 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CEB (CEB), the leading member-based advisory company, hosted its fourth-annual Global Impact Day with more than 3,000 staff providing support to charitable organizations in 50 cities around the world. This year was the most impactful to date, as CEB employees increased participation worldwide by more than 20 percent and dedicated over 15,000 volunteer hours.
"Through Global Impact Day, CEB staff have the opportunity to truly embody the Spirit of Generosity and help bring our philanthropy goals for 2014 to life," said Jerry Sorkin, executive director, CEB. "This dedicated day of service enables CEB to bring positive social change and have a material impact in the communities where our employees and business partners live and work."
The day of service represents an important component of CEB's philanthropic efforts. For more than 30 years, CEB and its staff have donated millions of dollars in financial and in-kind resources to promote community building and enable innovation and entrepreneurship in the public sector. In 2014, CEB provided support to non-profit organizations in cities around the world including Washington, D.C., London, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney. Services span from revitalizing local schools with City Year, to providing insights and expertise to help solve management challenges for local non-profit organizations with Taproot Foundation.
"CEB's leadership and desire to innovate have significantly transformed pro-bono service and non-profit capacity building around the world. We here at the Taproot Foundation are thrilled to have been a part of Global Impact Day for the second year in a row and look forward to working with CEB as a dedicated partner in the pro-bono movement for many years to come," said Max Skolnik, executive director, Taproot Foundation.
Non-profit organizations involved in this year's Global Impact Day included:
- Taproot Foundation makes business talent available to organizations working to improve society by leading, mobilizing and engaging professionals in pro-bono service that drives social change. (Washington, D.C.)
- SURAKSHA helps to improve the quality of life of vulnerable women and children through health awareness, income generating and educational programs, and provides rehabilitation services for young victims of human trafficking. (Bangalore, India)
- Dress for Success promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and life. (Sydney, Australia)
- Bikes for the World makes quality, used bicycles and parts affordable and available to lower income individuals and communities in developing countries to enhance their lives and livelihoods through better transport. (Washington, D.C.)
- Chicago Cares builds volunteer experiences that mobilize and inspire people to make Chicago a stronger community. (Chicago, Ill.)
As part of its Global Impact Goals for 2014, CEB strives to engage 1,000 social sector leaders, deliver $2 million in value to non-profits and provide more than 30,000 volunteer service hours to the social sector throughout the year. These goals embody the company's commitment to extend its talent management and leadership acumen to the social sector and help provide support to the communities in which it operates.
CEB, the leading member-based advisory company, equips more than 10,000 organizations around the globe with insights, tools and actionable solutions to transform enterprise performance. By combining advanced research and analytics with best practices from member companies, CEB helps leaders realize outsized returns by more effectively managing talent, information, customers and risk. Member companies include nearly 90% of the Fortune 500, more than 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com
- Professional Services
- Society & Culture
- Taproot Foundation