Foreclosure filings were down 10 percent nationally from November to December. According to RealtyTrac, a California-based firm that tracks foreclosures, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in December. Nationally, 1 in every 810 housing units received a foreclosure filing last month.
Did your state make the top 10 foreclosure list?
|States1||Average price2||Ratio of foreclosures3||Rates4||Income tax5|
|$279,432||1:457||3.43%||1.25% to 10.30%|
|$88,427||1:473||3.41%||0.578% to 5.925%|
|$159,611||1:558||3.44%||2.59% to 4.54%|
|$103,603||1:582||3.40%||1% to 6%|
|$140,633||1:683||3.35%||Up to 7%|
- 1States: According to RealtyTrac, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in December.
- 2Average price: The average price of all properties sold during the month that were in some state of foreclosure.
- 3Ratio of foreclosures: Ratio is based on the total number of properties entered into RealtyTrac's database during the month, broken out by type of filing.
- 4Rates: Average interest rate charged in the state for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage based on Bankrate.com's Jan. 16, 2013, overnight averages.
- 5Income tax: The range of taxes levied by states on personal income. The tax is based on earned and unearned income.
More From Bankrate.com