REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire -07/31/12)- Oracle (ORCL)
- Choice Hotels International, one of the largest and most successful hotel franchises in the world, has implemented Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle BPM Suite.
- To support the growing IT demands of more than 6,100 hotels worldwide in 35 countries, Choice Hotels needed to replace its homegrown and legacy systems built over 25 years with a modern and flexible IT architecture.
- By leveraging Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle BPM Suite to replace dozens of complex systems and hundreds of point-to-point connections in its legacy architecture, Choice Hotels simplified application development, reduced IT costs and streamlined business processes.
- Using components of Oracle SOA Suite, including Oracle Service Bus and Oracle BPEL Process Manager, coupled with Oracle BPM Suite and Oracle WebLogic Server, Choice Hotels has standardized application development projects, enabling it to cost-effectively deliver innovative services to its customers faster than ever before.
- As part of its SOA initiative, Choice Hotels has been able to lower development costs by re-using existing IT investments and assets to launch 19 new services including an enhanced Online Travel Agent interface, Google API and other innovative solutions.
- Choice Hotels leveraged Oracle SOA Suite to dynamically integrate with the Google API to handle more than 3.7 million data points and 2.1 GB of data per week.
- The standardized architecture has also streamlined processes by empowering the IT department at Choice Hotels with the knowledge necessary to meet the rapidly changing demands of its global franchise network.
- "To support a vast global network and maintain a proud history of innovation, we needed to fundamentally rethink our IT architecture," said Rain Fletcher, vice president of application development and architecture, Choice Hotels International. "Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle BPM Suite have allowed us to replace a complex maze of legacy systems and point connections. With Oracle Fusion Middleware we have achieved faster time-to-market for new services and reduced operating costs."
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle BPM Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- "Migrating to SOA at Choice Hotels" Webinar
- Choice Hotels International
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.