SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 20, 2013) - Cisco (
The best-in-class virtual application delivery controller will be tightly coupled into Cisco's virtual networking framework to provide superior network service provisioning and performance. Citrix NetScaler 1000V will be sold by Cisco and its channel partners worldwide and supported globally by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center.
Cisco's Cloud Network Services architecture is designed to simplify and accelerate cloud network deployments without compromising the critical security and application services that key data center applications require. It is comprised of a comprehensive portfolio of integrated, application-aware network services and security offerings designed for virtual and cloud environments. The delivery of Citrix NetScaler 1000V brings intelligent application delivery capabilities to Cisco Cloud Network Services. This unified, integrated approach represents the next evolution in ADC technology, fundamentally changing and uniquely enabling a tight integration with the Cisco network infrastructure that is unmatched by any other ADC on the market.
This technology collaboration delivers on the vision outlined at Citrix Synergy Barcelona in October, 2012 when the two companies announced they would expand their strategic alliance around three pillars: cloud, mobility and networking. Cisco and Citrix are turning the promise of that vision into reality with the first wave of joint innovation around application delivery services.
The joint offering announced today will include the following key capabilities.
- Integrated Solution: Bringing Cisco and Citrix technologies together into an integrated solution will help enterprise and service provider customers deliver true cloud service automation, speeding up service deployment and simplifying networking services.
- Easy Provisioning with Nexus 1000V: Unlike other ADCs, Citrix NetScaler 1000V will integrate with the Cisco Nexus 1100 Cloud Services Platform and vPath service insertion architecture to uniquely link to the Nexus 1000V. Cisco's vPath technology allows for the seamless insertion of application services -- such as NetScaler -- into virtual and cloud networks.
- Seamless Deployment with Nexus 7000: As part of the Cisco and Citrix collaboration in next-generation data center and cloud architectures, the Citrix NetScaler SDX service delivery networking platform and the Citrix NetScaler MPX hardware-based line of ADCs will also attach to the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switches in the future. This capability will provide customers the benefits of higher resiliency, plug and play installation, improved agility, and increased leverage of both their switching and ADC investments.
- Interoperability with Broader Cloud Network Services: A full portfolio of virtual services for the Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual networking environment will be available. These include the ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall, Virtual Security Gateway virtual firewall, virtual Wide Area Application Services WAN optimization solution, Cisco Prime virtual Network Analysis Module, and Cloud Services Router 1000V. The portfolio also includes best-of-breed third party virtual services offerings that are seamlessly integrated into the framework. Citrix NetScaler 1000V will seamlessly co-exist and interoperate with the broader Cisco Cloud Network Services family.
- Application Delivery in the Unified Data Center: Cloud Network Services form the virtual network services strategy of the broader Cisco Unified Data Center framework, which brings together a seamless architecture of virtualization and cloud-ready compute servers (Unified Compute Servers), network fabric (Unified Fabric) and automation platform (Unified Management). This new set of offerings delivers Intelligent Application Delivery services into Cisco's Unified Data Center framework.
- Simplified Go-to-Market: The two companies are also collaborating on go-to-market initiatives, including the publication of Cisco Validated Design (CVD) reference documents to assist customers gaining full leverage from Cisco's Unified Data Center strategy.
Jeff Jack, Group General Manager, Network Integration, Dimension Data
"Dimension Data welcomes the collaboration between Cisco and Citrix to provide clients with a truly integrated network services solution in the data center. As long standing partners of both Cisco and Citrix, we look forward to leveraging our skills and experience in this space to deliver the innovative, next-generation data center solutions our clients are demanding."
Rohit Mehra, Vice President, Network Infrastructure, IDC
"As enterprise IT aligns itself with cloud rollouts and virtualization, datacenters are becoming the cornerstones of business, driving the need for closer integration between functional elements, and optimizing how applications are delivered over IT and network infrastructure. In that context, the cloud network services-focused partnership between Citrix and Cisco is clearly a step in the right direction."
Ram Appalaraju, Vice President, Products, Data Center Group, Cisco
"With the addition of the Citrix NetScaler best-in-class application delivery controller tightly coupled into our virtual networking framework, Cisco is furthering our Cloud Network Services strategy. By partnering with Citrix, we will be able to offer critical application delivery services to our virtual networking and cloud customers on the Nexus 1K platform."
Sunil Potti, Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler Product Group, Citrix
"Both Cisco and Citrix believe that the data center is undergoing a fundamental transformation, driven by cloud, mobility and virtualization. Successfully managing application workloads in these modern data centers requires a flexible, scalable, application-aware network. To help customers make this transition, Cisco and Citrix are collaborating to unify best-in-class technologies based on Citrix NetScaler and Cisco Nexus to accelerate the transformation to new network service delivery models in the Mobile-Cloud Era."
Citrix NetScaler 1000V will be available via the normal Cisco sales and worldwide channels in Q3 of 2013.
- Citrix Blog Post: Citrix and Cisco: A New Playbook for New Times
- Cisco Blog Post: Citrix and NetScaler 1000V Taking Cisco Cloud Network Services to the Next Level
- Related Announcement: Cisco and Citrix Extend Partnership into Networking, Cloud and Mobility
- Related Announcement: Cisco and Citrix Simplify Go-to-Market with New Partner Accelerator Initiative (June 2012)
- Cisco and Citrix Overview Website
Follow Us Online
This release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements, which are subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, among others, statements regarding the IT industry being on the verge of the next major architectural transition, collaboration between the companies to unify best-of-breed technologies, significant joint investment, joint integration of the companies' products and development of integrated solutions, delivery of virtual desktop solutions, acceleration of the alliance into cloud, networking and mobility, bringing new innovations to the companies' joint customers and statements by executives of each company. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, the ability of the companies to partner successfully; the ability to achieve expected benefits of the alliance; business and economic conditions globally and growth trends and uncertainty in the information technology and networking industries; competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the network market, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; changes to product development timelines; demand for new products and services as well as risks associated with their development and distribution; revenue growth; Cisco's and Citrix's ability to protect their proprietary technology; and Cisco's and Citrix's ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; customer markets and various geographic regions; global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment; and other risk factors set forth in Cisco's most recent report on Form 10-K filed on September 12, 2012 and most recent 10-Q filed on May 21, 2013; and Citrix's most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q filed on February 21, 2013 and May 7, 2013, respectively. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Cisco and Citrix, which is subject to change, and neither Cisco nor Citrix assume any obligation to update the information after the date of this release.
Citrix®, NetScaler®, VPX™, SDX™ and MPX™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
- Technology & Electronics