MEXICO CITY and SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire -06/06/12)- Coca-Cola is changing the way it reaches the youth market in Latin America in a year-long social media campaign in Mexico and throughout Latin America. In partnership with social software industry leader Thismoment, Coca-Cola is executing a large-scale marketing initiative that combines real world entertainment with the unique ability to distribute and support live broadcasts in a robust and engaging online social and mobile experience.
The Coca-Cola.TV Project was created to reach the large and increasingly social youth market across Latin America. Through this, Coca-Cola is seeking to create meaningful connections by bringing the best in entertainment to young people, wherever they are, with programs such as Coca-Cola.FM and now Coca-Cola.TV; a key marketing initiative for 2012 and beyond.
Paul McCartney Draws Record Audience with Social Media and Mobile
On May 10, Paul McCartney gave a free outdoor concert in Mexico City's central plaza, the Zócalo, to a record crowd of an estimated 200,000 people. Coca-Cola.TV live streamed the three-hour event to millions throughout Mexico, and engaged youth audiences by encouraging them to contribute to the social conversation via Facebook and Twitter. This concept was also leveraged for Vive Latino 2012, a three-day music festival in late March attended by hundreds of thousands in Mexico City, which featured four stages and numerous international acts such as Foster the People and Fat Boy Slim.
Furthermore, with the substantial quantity of digital content captured during the live events, Coca-Cola.TV will continue to broadcast concert videos to promote future programs and maintain engagement with youth audiences.
Given the challenges associated with reaching such a diverse youth audience spread across multiple social networks and mobile devices, a key element is maintaining focus on content and messaging, without the hindrance of technologies. Thismoment's seamless back-end system for Coca-Cola.TV allows Coca-Cola Latin America to focus on creative, execution and follow through.
- Estimated 200,000 attendees at the live event
- Nearly 500,000 unique users streaming
- Average Time Spent of 42 minutes per user
Vive Latino 2012:
- Estimated 100,000+ attendees at the live event
- More than 750,000 unique users streaming
- Average time spent per user of 23 minutes
About the Partnership with Thismoment
Coca-Cola leverages the capabilities of Thismoment to address the online youth market in a social/mobile environment via a flexible, scalable and easy-to-use platform. Together, Coca-Cola TV and Thismoment deliver a consistent, high quality branded experience to users across multiple social sites and devices. With Thismoment, Coca-Cola is able to leverage the formidable combination of an innovative technology platform, powerful infrastructure built on Amazon's EC2 stack, plus top-tier project and product management.
- Speed: Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) product CMS allowed Coca-Cola to quickly update all online and social properties associated with the Paul McCartney and Vive Latino events. Thismoment's DEC product offers a complete social content management platform for brands that want to engage customers across social sites and devices.
- Unification: Because Coca-Cola deployed several different sites across several different media types, Thismoment allowed Coca-Cola to simultaneously update programming and multi-media content on all properties, including YouTube, from one client interface.
- Integration: A cornerstone of the events is the ability to live stream. The ease with which live stream providers integrate into Thismoment ensures that Coca-Cola content will be effortlessly amplified to all target customers on web, mobile, and outdoor.
- Conversation: Coca-Cola leveraged powerful social conversation and moderation capabilities to aggregate comments from diverse social networks and devices including Twitter and Facebook comments, and ensure that all conversations were brand relevant and appropriate.
Juan Adlercreutz, Interactive Marketing Director, Coca-Cola Latin America
"Coca-Cola.TV offers a dynamic platform for Coke to engage directly with young audiences, and Thismoment is driving that effort behind the scenes. The strength of the Coca-Cola brand, combined with a compelling story narrative, well selected content, and great digital experiences provide the perfect formula to pioneer how global brands reach their broad ecosystem of customers."
John Broady, Senior Vice President of Partner Services, Thismoment
"Coca-Cola's on-line social and mobile traffic was, in a word, massive. Fan participation topped by 10X even the largest of our 28 US Super Bowl campaigns that we conducted for major brands. We are thrilled and very impressed with the great combination of our Thismoment social software technology and Coca-Cola's enormous assets and team. I strongly believe that this alliance can establish a new stepping stone in branded entertainment and social marketing."
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world's most valuable brand, our Company's portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.7 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system employees. For more information, please visit www.thecoca-colacompany.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo.
Thismoment is a pioneer in the development of Social Content Management Software for brands. Its Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) is a real-time platform for managing a brand's digital presence, including social content, conversation and creative assets across earned, owned and paid media channels on web, tablet, mobile, and digital outdoor devices. Launched in March 2010, DEC is already used by more than 100 Fortune 500 brands. To learn more, please visit thismoment.com.
- Latin America
- Paul McCartney