AUSTIN, Texas, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA) at its annual board meeting April 30 – May 01 in Fort Worth, Texas, announced its newly elected 2014-15 Management Committee, including CAA's new president of the board Bill Martin, new treasurer Pete Bibby, new second vice president Mack Purifoy and re-elected secretary Robert Porter. CAA is a closed managing general agency (MGA) committed to strengthening the independent insurance agency system through profitable growth, quality and service with members located in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma.
"I'm honored to serve as the new president of the 4th largest agency aggregator group in the nation. With tremendous organic and membership growth at CAA over the last 5 years, we kicked off this year with the new marketing position of Director of Carrier Relations & Program Management and hired Bill Wade to manage and strengthen carrier relationships and its expanding programs," said Bill Martin, CAA president and president of Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance, San Antonio, Texas. "Moving forward in 2014, we look to build our exceptional service for clients by providing more in-depth data about the niche markets we are writing as a group to our insurance company partners."
Each CAA management committee member is elected to serve a staggered two-year term and is selected by its board of members based on their leadership abilities and contributions to the organization. The new 2014-15 Management Committee includes:
- President – Bill Martin, president of Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance, San Antonio, Texas. Martin serves on the America First Agents Advisory Council, and the Liberty Mutual Executive Council.
- Chairman of the Board – Bill Kliewer, managing partner of BKCW Insurance Agency, Killeen, Texas.
- Executive Vice President – Bill Barnard, CIC, partner at Barnard Insurance Agency, LLP, Wichita Falls, Texas.
- Second Vice President – Mack Purifoy, AAI, CIC, owner of Purifoy & Company Insurance, Temple, Texas.
- Secretary – Robert Porter, CIC, CRM, president of Porter Insurance Agency, Brownwood, Texas.
- Treasurer – Pete Bibby, managing partner of Bibby, Brilling & Associates, LLP, Dallas, Texas, with another location in Ennis, TX (dba Arden Insurance Agency).
- Past President – Roger Luttrell, CIC, president of Benton-Luttrell-Brown, headquartered in Van Alstyne, Texas. Luttrell serves on the State Auto Agents Advisory Council.
CAA's member agencies convene on a quarterly basis to knowledge share, discuss industry issues, review its relationships with insurance carriers, and assess CAA operations. Highlights from the recent board meeting include:
- Golf tournament at Golf Club Fossil Creek (Fort Worth, TX)
- Insurance carrier presentations by Liberty Mutual, Republic Group, Travelers Personal Lines, Travelers Commercial Lines, and Premium Assignment Corporation (PAC),
- Republic Group hosts lunch at Omni Fort Worth,
- Travelers Personal Lines hosts social at Omni Fort Worth, and
- PAC hosts dinner at Omni Fort Worth.
About Combined Agents of America, LLC
Founded in 1997, Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA) is based in Austin, Texas, and is comprised of 52 independent insurance agencies located throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. By funneling the agencies' combined premiums, CAA brings larger volume commitments to insurance companies, while empowering its members to realize greater benefits from insurance companies, vendor discounts and other incentives. In 2012, CAA generated more than $566.7million in combined property and casualty annual premiums, and currently works with 18 of the largest insurance companies in the nation. All CAA member agencies remain independent and are recognized by insurance companies as a key component to their future growth and goal commitments. Additional information is available at www.combinedagents.com.
CAA member agencies include: Aars & Nelson Insurance Agency, Barnard Insurance Agency, Bartlett, Baggett & Shands, Benchmark Insurance Group, Benton-Luttrell-Brown Company, Bigham-Kliewer-Chapman-Watts Insurance Agency, Bibby Brilling & Associates LLP, BRIA Insurance & Risk Consultants, Bosworth & Associates, Bryan Insurance Agency Ltd., Brownrigg Insurance Agency Inc., Cravens Warren & Co., Crockett Insurance Service, DFB Insurance Group LLC, Ed Berrong Insurance Agency, Ed Weeren Insurance Agency Inc., EFGI Insurance & Bonds LLC, Elliott Insurance Group, Evans-Ewan& Brady Insurance Agency Inc., First Insurance Services, First Texas Insurance Services LLC, Fouts, Davidson, Burks Agency LLC, Fuqua Ruth Typer Insurance, Henry Norris Insurance Agency, Inc., HC&H Insurance Group, Garrett Insurance Agency, Inc., GBS Insurance Agency Inc., Grona Boles Martin & Bloxsom Insurance, Hill County Insurance Agency, HC&H Insurance Group, ICI Insurance, Insurance Net Inc., JHC Insurance Agency Inc., J. S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency, Keller-Leopold Insurance, Inc , McCorkle Commercial Insurance Agency, Mr. Insurance Agency, Inc., NTX Insurance Group, Inc., Pierson-Fendley Insurance Agency, LLC, Pinnacle Insurance Group Inc., Porter Insurance Agency Inc., Purifoy Insurance Agency, LTD, SBS Insurance, The Shropshire Agency Inc., Siegeler Insurance Agency, Inc., Southern Star Insurance, Walthall-Sachse & Pipes, Inc., The Weatherby-Eisenrich Inc., Wellmann Insurance Agency, Inc., Western Insurance Agency, Whorton Insurance Services, and Wood-Dulohery Insurance, Inc.
Courtney R. Holder
Tel: (512) 627-0779