SILICON VALLEY, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 15, 2013) - Proxim Wireless Corporation (
Proxim's new Tsunami® 825 compact product line reduces the footprint of the enclosure by seventy-five percent (75%) when compared to the current Tsunami 8200, while maintaining Tsunami's advanced 4G WORP® feature set. This small form factor enables wireless ISPs to easily deploy high performance wireless broadband networks, and security integrators to deploy low profile wireless video surveillance where needed. In addition, the IP67 all aluminum enclosure provides uncompromising reliability in extreme weather conditions.
"The 825 product series was designed specifically to maintain key WORP feature benefits while minimizing the enclosure footprint. The small form factor is particularly important when utilized in dense urban small cell and wireless broadband deployments. It delivers powerful performance coupled with differentiating features enabled by our WORP® software at compelling price point." -- Lee Gopadze, President & CEO, Proxim Wireless
Proxim Wireless Corporation (
Key Customer Segments
Wireless ISPs around the world are looking to build scalable wireless networks with high capacity products to serve the ever increasing bandwidth needs of their subscribers. Tsunami 825 series products are designed to offer WISPs and telecom operators the ability to deploy higher power (i.e., +26dBm) devices for enhanced coverage. The CoS / QoS and other features of Proxim's WORP deterministic software enable operators to offer differentiated service levels to their different classes of customers.
"Compact form factor of Tsunami 825 coupled with powerful WORP® features and optimal pricing enables quick deployment of high capacity wireless links by wireless ISPs to achieve faster return on investment," said Pau Fleming, President, Wecom, Wireless ISP.
Video surveillance and Security markets
Wireless networks are a key element in deploying IP based video surveillance. With wireless networks delivering 50-70% cost saving compared to deploying wired option (copper or fiber), Tsunami 825 series products ruggedized, compact footprint will serve the needs of security integrators with flexible mounting options. The small size is also critical in this application as the 825 will be able to be installed where the cameras need to be, not where the wires are.
"Proxim Tsunami 825 solution was tested at the Port of Felixstowe, United Kingdom. This high capacity, compact and feature rich product supports mobility and is ideally suited for port applications like video surveillance, and mobile data connectivity," said Lee Gopadze, President & CEO, Proxim Wireless.
Key Features of Tsunami 825 product
- Powered by WORP®: Tsunami 825 products are powered by Proxim's proprietary and unique deterministic WORP protocol which delivers increased overall net throughput and performance, especially in dense device applications. Also, utilizing smart scheduling algorithms, WORP enables more concurrent Subscriber Units (SUs) to be active in a wireless multipoint environment with managed delivery of quality of service (QoS) with low latency and jitter.
- Compact form factor: The 825 is a compact outdoor unit only 4.96 x 8.62 x 2.58 in and weighing only 2.1lbs -- a footprint reduced by 75% when compared to 8100/8200 SUs -- making installation quick and easy with robust scalability for WISP or video surveillance deployments
- Easy to install: Wide angle (30°) antenna to quickly pick up Base Station signal associated with LED indicator to finalize alignment for optimum performance
- Extended Coverage: High power radio capable of up to 26 dBm Tx power to extend the range and coverage
- Robust IP67 Grade metal Enclosure: The IP-67 rated 825 radios provides better ingress protection from extreme outdoor weather conditions compared the more common IP-65 rated enclosure.
- Seamless Roaming: With Proxim's own roaming technology, 825 CPE are able to operate with low latency handoffs and support real-time applications even at speeds of up to 93 mph (150 km/h)
- Wide Range Frequency Support: The 825 offers frequency support from 5.150 to 5.925 GHz for applications and regions throughout the world
- Product line compatibility: The 825 CPE can be paired with any of our Tsunami 8000 series base stations
- Extremely Secure: Tsunami® 825 provides secure remote management via SSL, SSH and SNMPv3, it also leverages MAC, Ether type and IP address packet filtering for granular network security and implements AES encryption technology to secure client-to-client communications
Initial launch of Tsunami® 825 compact, high power and cost-effective wireless solution comprises of two products:
For more information, please visit: http://www.proxim.com/
About Proxim Wireless
Proxim Wireless Corporation (
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could contribute to such differences including difficulties in overcoming the network installation and operational challenges relating to any specific customer or geographical area; factors beyond our control such as weather, geographic, governmental, and interference issues that may increase the costs and difficulties of wireless deployments; specific requirements of a given customer in their specific situations; whether the deployment will achieve the desired objectives of any given customer; and difficulties or delays in supplying products with the features, performance, compliances, certifications, cost, price, quality, and other characteristics desired by customers. Further information on these and other factors that could affect Proxim's actual results is contained in the filings made by Proxim with the OTC Markets (available at www.otcmarkets.com), including without limitation in the Annual Report filed by Proxim on March 30, 2010, and is and will be contained in its other public statements, which may be available on Proxim's website (www.proxim.com).