• Shares of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE:MAR) dropped 6.4% yesterday after reporting second quarter 2012 earnings of $0.42 per share, at par with the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Marriot also lowered its fee revenue estimates
• SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE:SVU) crashed 49.2% a day after reporting first quarter fiscal 2013 earnings per share of $0.19, sharply lower than the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.38. Further, the company suspended its dividend.
• Shares of The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE:PG) jumped 3.8% on reports that Pershing Square Capital Management LP has been granted early antitrust approval by the Federal Trade Commission which will enable it to acquire a large stake in the company
• Fastenal Company (NASDAQ:FAST) jumped 6.3% a day after it announced second quarter 2012 diluted earnings of $0.38 a share, a penny ahead of the Zacks Consensus Estimate
More From Zacks.com
- Investment & Company Information