DUBLIN, Mar. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
) has announced the addition of the
report to their offering.
Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) can be categorized into four broad categories: Head-Mounted Display (HMD), Head-Up Display (HUD), Smart Glasses and AR Apps. HUDs were initially used in military aircraft, however, their application area has expanded to commercial aviation as well. General Motors became the first automotive company to introduce HUDs in its luxury cars. With the growing road safety concerns, HUDs are now being increasingly deployed in passenger cars, especially in high-end passenger cars of General Motors, Audi, BMW, etc.
HMDs are being used in military applications for training & simulation. With the recent technological advancements, HMDs are also witnessing growing adoption in consumer electronics segments such as gaming and television. AR Apps for smartphones and tablet PCs were initially introduced in 2009 by Yelp' for locating hotel chains, restaurants and food outlets. AR Apps are gaining momentum and the adoption level continues to witness robust growth. Another booming segment in US AR space are AR smart glasses, which were introduced by Google in 2012 (beta version) for developers.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Analyst View
2. Global Augmented & Virtual Reality Market Outlook
3. United States Augmented & Virtual Reality Market Outlook
4. United States Augmented & Virtual Reality Head-Mounted Display Market Outlook
5. United States Augmented Reality Head-Up Display Market Outlook
6. United States Augmented Reality Smart Glasses Market Outlook
7. United States Augmented Reality Apps Market Outlook
8. Augmented & Virtual Reality Market Trends & Developments
9. United States Economic Profile
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Strategic Recommendation
12. Research Methodology
- Ad-Dispatch Inc.
- BAE Systems Plc
- Delphi Automotive LLP
- Denso Corporation
- Google Inc.
- Johnson Controls Inc.
- Layar B.V.
- Rockwell Collins, Inc.
- Thales Group
- Vuzix Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9tx4v6/united_states
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consumer Discretionary
- Sectors & Industries
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality