The Puffs & Kleenex "blew away" the competition with an unusual combination of sturdiness and softness. The Puffs received a score of 87 out of 100 on the Consumer Reports scale, and the Kleenex received an 81. The latter was also deemed a Consumer Reports "Best Buy."
CR ran tests on 18 different types of facial tissue to evaluate their overall performance, evaluating both 2 and 3-ply products. Human hands determined the relative softness of each tissue while a machine was used to test tissue strength in terms of flexibility and resistance to tearing or stretching.
Here are the top five tissue brands and scores:
1. Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong: 87/100
2. Kleenex Lotion Aloe & E: 81/100
3. Puffs Plus Lotion: 75/100
4. Kleenex Ultra Soft: 73/100
5. Puffs Basic: 71/100
More From Business Insider
- The Evolution Of The Modern Toilet
- These The Most Expensive Items On Your Newborn's Checklist
- Scientists Use 3D Printer To Make Tissue-Like Material
- Consumer Discretionary