HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Corbin Perception, a leading investor research and investor relations (IR) advisory firm, released its latest research on effective investor engagement. The white paper focuses on key themes relating to the role and relevance of investor presentations to the institutional investment community.
The findings are based on a survey of 68 financial professionals designed to identify and expand upon key themes that have emerged from Corbin Perception’s conversations with the buy side, as well as the firm’s research on best-in-class investor presentations and valuation-driving best practices in general.
Rebecca Corbin, Founder and President of Corbin Perception Group commented, “Our ongoing research confirms that the investor presentation is a highly influential source of information and often serves as an investment catalyst. Time spent developing a compelling investor pitch, one that not only provides rich content but that also clearly communicates the investment story, will yield a high return on investment. First impressions are lasting; ensuring that the investor presentation addresses critical elements as defined by the buy side is essential to securing maximum mindshare.”
Selected Key Findings
- 92% of surveyed financial professionals consider the investor presentation a leading source of information
- 88% indicate that the investor pitch has served as an investment catalyst; 61% report that it has positively influenced their opinion post-review
- 53% assert that receiving an email alerting them to an investor presentation update or new post prompts them to visit the IR website immediately or soon thereafter
- 68% recommend companies archive investor presentations for at least five years
- Irrespective of industry or market-cap, surveyed financial professionals seek the following elements in a company’s investor pitch: clear long-term strategy, including tactical initiatives and growth path, capital deployment plans and near- and long-term milestones (i.e., financial targets and timeframes)
- 58% prefer companies provide three-year financial targets to other timeframes, including two and five years
- 47% are keen on companies providing both annual and quarterly guidance
- Most sought financial metrics include revenue, organic growth and EBITDA
- For companies operating in multiple business segments, information most important to investors includes growth strategy and initiatives, market data, margin and sales rates and business drivers
- When asked to rank sustainable competitive advantages, a critical element of best-in-class investor presentations, investors assert they place the greatest importance on: 1) operational excellence; 2) high barriers-to-entry; 3) operational agility; 4) management quality; and 5) innovation
- While acknowledging that innovation can be difficult to quantify, investors look at organic growth track records and initiatives, market share trends and, where appropriate, R&D pipeline
- Worst practices include not being forthright, overpromising, not presenting relevant information in a clear and easy-to-follow format and focusing too much on valuation
About Corbin Perception Group, LLC
Corbin Perception is a leading investor research and investor relations (IR) advisory firm assisting public companies with driving long-term shareholder value. As thought leaders, we leverage our broad industry experience, ongoing buy side research and knowledge of IR best practices to achieve results. Our core advisory services include Investor Perception Studies, Investor Targeting, Investor Days, Investor Presentations, Investor Communication, as well as Strategy Development and Positioning.
- Investment & Company Information
- investor relations
Bronwyn Swanson, 860-321-7309