CUPERTINO, CA--(Marketwired - June 11, 2014) - Curriki, the leading K-12 global community for creating, sharing, and finding open educational resources (OER), today announced the launch of the Curriki Student Ambassador Program. The new program encourages students to help spread the word about Curriki's best-in-class learning community so that every teacher, parent and student -- wherever they are located -- has access to thousands of free, high-quality learning materials so that a quality educational experience is available globally to all children.
Student Ambassadors will be actively involved on all Curriki social media platforms, and will earn volunteer hours, gain valuable marketing and leadership experience, and proudly show their commitment by being featured on the website. Other responsibilities will include promoting Curriki by giving presentations or creating videos, and providing critical feedback to the organization's leaders and administration.
"I like that it's [Curriki] free, and has very reputable content. It's not random stuff -- which is what the internet offers," said Kristen Blomstrom, Curriki Student Ambassador President. "Plus, there's the Curriki Review System, so I know I'm getting top-quality resources.
Curriki Student Ambassadors, like Kristen, are creative and resourceful individuals who are passionate about learning and want to spread the word," said Kim Jones, Curriki's CEO. "Serving as a student ambassador is a great way to get more involved in the global learning community and share the values of an organization that exists to help students around the world learn in ways that make sense for them."
BENEFITS OF JOINING
- Help grow the Curriki community (and spread our mission) around the world.
- Gain marketing experience.
- Receive certificate of volunteer hour completion at the end of one year of service.
- Permission to use "Curriki Student Ambassador" (on student resume, social media pages, etc.) to show your leadership and passion for education.
- Be featured on a Curriki website page.
- Potential for a Curriki internship.
WHAT AMBASSADORS WILL DO
- Promote Curriki in their schools by giving presentations on how and why to use Curriki. Video of presentations may be featured on the Curriki website.
- Educate others about Curriki's mission by sharing cool Curriki content in social media.
- Upload learning content (videos, animations, simulations, etc. to the Curriki website.
At this time, new participants are being accepted into the program. Find out more here.
A non-profit organization, Curriki is the leading K-12 global community for teachers, students and parents to create, share, and find open learning resources that improve teacher effectiveness and student outcomes. A Computerworld Honors Laureate for 2012, Curriki was selected as the 21st Century Achievement Award winner for Digital Access. With more than 400,000 members and 56,000 learning assets, Curriki reaches more than 9.8 million users worldwide. Join today www.curriki.org.
The following files are available for download: