WAKEFIELD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
The Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA), the international non-profit organization created to guide and enhance the growing field of customer experience management, held a special Atlanta-area networking event at "Hatch," Chick-fil-A’s innovation and learning center. Both CXPA members and non-members went behind the scenes at the well-known company on Wednesday, March 5. The event was soon over-subscribed; so popular that a repeat session will be scheduled.
In this behind-the-curtain session, CXPA members and other attendees heard how innovation and creativity make their way into the company's culture. Participants – some of whom came from more than a thousand miles away -- saw firsthand how idea exploration and imagining the future can energize an organization, and they took home valuable insights for their own customer experience innovation efforts. Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family owned and privately held restaurant company that is credited with inventing the chicken sandwich. Chick-fil-A operates 1,700 restaurants in the United States.
“Putting people first is the cornerstone of the discipline of customer experience, and we were eager to see how Chick-fil-A is living this ideal at Hatch and throughout its organization,” said Mike Wittenstein, CXPA member and Atlanta area leader. "The Chick-fil-A visit more than filled our expectations. This high-profile event, and the repeat version, give attendees a taste of what's in store at the CXPA's Insight Exchange event, being held in Atlanta for the first time in May."
"Local events like this – planned, organized and managed by CXPA grassroots teams – are the backbone of the CXPA's shared-experience approach to professional learning," said CXPA Chair and co-founder Bruce Temkin. "We applaud the Atlanta team's hard work, and we hope to see all the attendees at our upcoming Insight Exchange."
Event attendees voiced their enthusiasm:
- Samantha Bailey, NovoLogic: "This was a mind-blowing experience of an exciting, creative place. The CXPA is doing a good job at getting members to experience everything that's out there that can help their businesses."
- Mike Milburn, Confirmit: "Seeing some of the innovations here, seeing how they handle the idea process, is fascinating. I love the way they've set it up so that it's OK to fail."
- Rich Goidel, Dangerous Kitchen: "Trying to figure out in your head what works only goes so far. With all the prototyping they do here, using real people in virtual spaces, they can make real-world decisions based on real information, not assumptions."
- Lesley Lykins, CXPA Director of Member Engagement: "It's this kind of event that helps us grow the discipline of Customer Experience, and share best practices. It's what the CXPA is all about: sharing and inspiration, and the feeling that you're not alone, that you're working with others toward a greater goal of providing a better customer experience."
The CXPA's fourth annual Insight Exchange event takes place May 13-14 at the Loews Atlanta Hotel in the heart of Atlanta; more information is available on the CXPA website.
Led by respected experts in the customer experience field, the CXPA supports the professional development of its members and advances the field by providing research and education, establishing standards, offering networking and career opportunities, promoting the industry, and creating a better understanding of the discipline of customer experience management.
About the CXPA
The Customer Experience Professionals Association is a global, non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management best practices. It provides customer experience management professionals with educational and networking opportunities to help them succeed, and facilitates the industry-wide advancement of the discipline of customer experience management. The CXPA’s members include individuals who develop, manage, optimize, and envision how organizations interact with their customers. This community includes customer experience practitioners within companies, vendors who support customer experience efforts, and other stakeholders in the industry.
Founded in April 2011, the CXPA has 80 Corporate Members and more than 2,400 customer experience professionals in its community. CXPA Gold Sponsors include Confirmit, ForeSee, Genesys, Oracle, and Verint. Clarabridge, Inc., Corsential, LiveOps, Mattersight Corporation, Medallia, ResponseTek and TNS are CXPA Silver Sponsors. For more information, visit www.cxpa.org.
Customer Experience Professionals Association, CXPA, and the CXPA logo are trademarks of the Customer Experience Professionals Association. All other company names mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Professional Services
- Employment & Career
- customer experience management
Judith Vanderkay, +1-781-876-6208