TOKYO--(Marketwired - Jun 11, 2013) - Cyan (
Tokyo-based KVH, a leading provider of integrated IT and network services, is among the carriers interested in delivering this capability to their customers. According to Yoshiyuki Hamada, KVH Vice President of Systems & Technology, "We see SDN service orchestration that includes both data center and network assets as being hugely important not only for KVH but, more importantly, for our customers. For KVH, this obviously improves our competitive differentiation and service profitability. For our customers it means more rapid, flexible, and cost effective services."
The SDN demonstration includes solutions from the following partners:
- Accedian Networks - Accedian Networks is the leader in Performance Assured Networking™ for mobile backhaul, business services and cloud connectivity.
- Demo Solution: Accedian Networks MetroNID GT™
- Arista Networks - Arista Networks was founded to deliver SDN solutions for large data center and computing environments and provides a portfolio of 1/10/40 and 100GbE products.
- Demo Solution: 7050S 10G/40G data center switches and EOS (extensible operating system) software enabled with E-API, OpenFlow and OpenStack Quantum OVS drivers
- Canonical - Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu the reference operating system for OpenStack, provides a range of products and services to speed Cloud deployment, management and support.
- Demo Solution: Ubuntu, the reference operating system for the OpenStack project, incorporates leading solution plug-ins that compliment OpenStack components like Quantum
- Cyan - Cyan enables network transformation through its SDN solutions that deliver orchestration, visualization and scale to networks that, until now, have been static and hardware driven.
- Demo Solution: Blue Planet SDN system and Z22 packet-optical transport platforms
- Overture Networks - Overture Networks delivers Carrier Ethernet Access Devices for the metro edge that enable performance-assured Ethernet services over any media including fiber, copper and TDM.
- Demo Solution: Overture 26
- RYU - RYU is part of NTT Laboratories' Open Source Software Computing Group.
- Demo Solution: OpenFlow controllers that fully support OpenFlow 1.0, 1.2, 1.3
Tom Corker, Cyan vice president of strategy added that, "What's really interesting here is the extension of SDN concepts beyond the data center and into the carrier network and enterprise. This closes the loop on service orchestration and also enables much more compelling business models both for data center operators and carriers (or any other network operator). The whole purpose of the Blue Orbit Ecosystem, also announced today, is to test SDN use cases and prove interoperability in multi-vendor environments. The SDN Use Case demonstration here at Interop Tokyo shows this work in action."
Arista vice president of business development and alliances, Ed Chapman, views this demonstration as "the next logical step for SDN. We first virtualized compute and storage resources in the data center. Next we tackled the virtualization of intra-data center networks. The demonstration illustrates both inter-data center and data center to enterprise virtualization, critical to network operators around the world."
The SDN use case demonstration involves applications running on an enterprise server dynamically placing requests for additional cloud data center virtual machines and associated network resources using OpenStack application program interfaces (APIs) and OpenFlow. Cyan Blue Planet, a complete SDN system, services the request on behalf of network resources and proxies the compute and data center network demands to an OpenStack server in the cloud data center. Blue Planet performs all functions necessary to turn up additional services across the multi-vendor carrier network including carrier Ethernet and optical edge devices from Overture and Accedian Networks. The data center instance of OpenStack negotiates with compute resources and with Arista data center switches to allocate the necessary network and compute capacity.
To see the live demonstration, stop by the Cyan booth within the SDN Showcase at Interop Tokyo, June 12-14, 2013.
Cyan enables network transformation. The company's software-defined network (SDN) solutions deliver orchestration, visualization, and scale to networks that, until now, have been static and hardware driven. Serving carriers, enterprises, governments, and data center operators globally, Cyan's open platforms provide multi-vendor control and visibility to network operators, making service delivery more efficient and profitable. Cyan solutions include Blue Planet SDN software, Z-Series packet-optical transport platforms, and Cyan Pro professional services. For more information, please visit www.cyaninc.com or follow Cyan on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CyanNews.
- Information Technology
- Internet & Networking Technology
Merritt Group for Cyan
For Blue Orbit Ecosystem Partner inquiries related to the demo, please contact:
D. Mark Durrett