SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Cisco (
Specifically, through Cisco's hosted cloud collaboration offering, D+M Group is increasing the depth and frequency of communication between employees, including those brought in through future acquisitions. The company is also looking to optimize IT resources, reduce operational costs, seek out the best talent regardless of location, and globalize its IT, human resources and finance functions.
Cisco's partners offering HCS include service providers, systems integrators, wholesalers and resellers. Partners can also offer a version of HCS called HCS-LE (Large Enterprise) that supports private cloud deployments. This deployment option is often suitable for large companies seeking an "IT-as-a-Service" model, but would prefer not to utilize a public cloud option.
- "As-a-Service" offerings utilized by D+M Group include:
- IP Telephony
- Web Conferencing (via WebEx)
- Unified Messaging
- Contact Center
- HCS offerings are built on an architecture that is fully tested and validated by Cisco. HCS capabilities provide the security, performance, and reliability previously possible only with traditional on-premises deployments.
- The flexible deployment models enable partners to scale the offering to companies with a variety of needs around the world.
John Jackson, vice president, Global Infrastructure and Vendor Management, D+M Group:
"We've always wanted technology that would help us reduce silos across the company by increasing collaboration. At D+M, we deliver premium audio solutions around the world. In order to be successful, exceptional collaboration between our more than 2,000 globally dispersed employees is key. We looked for a hosted solution that's scalable, secure, reliable and expansive. Working with Cisco partner, West IP Communications, we have implemented Cisco's HCS and are already seeing the cloud-based technology drive cultural change at our company."
Eric Schoch, senior director and general manager, Cisco Hosted Collaboration Business Unit:
"We know that a company focused on providing top quality video and audio solutions to their customers expects the same from the collaboration offerings they deploy inside their organizations. We are delighted D+M Group has chosen Cisco cloud collaboration, delivered through West IP Communications, to facilitate outstanding collaboration among their employees around the world."
- Read the announcement highlighting Cisco's growth in cloud collaboration and new collaboration capabilities and services for enterprises, service providers and partners
- Engage with us through the Cisco Collaboration Community, @CiscoCollab on Twitter, and Cisco Collaboration on Facebook. And, hear directly from our Cisco Collaboration leaders through our Cisco Collaboration Blog.
- Partners: Visit the Cisco Partner Central website
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions offered across on-premise, cloud-based or virtualized platforms, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
- Technology & Electronics