- Short AUDUSD from 1.0582, Stop at 1.0630, Target 1 at 1.0515, Target 2 at 1.0460, Target 3 at 1.0415
- Long EURCHF from 1.2018, Stop at 1.1990, Target 1 at 1.2500, Target 2 at 1.2750
- Short EURUSD from 1.3085, Stop at 1.3130 (daily close), Target 1 at 1.3030, Target 2 at 1.2950, Target 3 at 1.2880
- Long USDJPY from 80.65 (1/2), Stop at 82.05 (daily close), Target 2 at 83.30, Target 3 at 84.00
Recently Closed Positions:
- Exited Short EURUSD from 1.2975 at 1.3030 for -55-pips
- Exited Short NZDUSD (1/2) from 0.8379 at 0.8405 for -26-pips
Time Frame: 1-day to 1-week
The past few days I've said: "sell US Dollar strength ahead of the Fed meeting tomorrow, in particular against high beta (AUD, CAD, NZD)...I will be looking long USD following Chairman Bernanke's press conference, as I imagine that the AUDUSD (1.0610/30), EURUSD (1.3110/30), and S&P 500 (1435) will be near key resistance levels."
The US Dollar has indeed rebounded, but the move has been shallow and uninspiring (but for against the Japanese Yen). Accordingly, my bias holds although these trades might be cut short; I think it is possible for a rally in high beta currencies and risk-correlated assets into yearend.
--- Written by Christopher Vecchio, Currency Analyst
To contact Christopher Vecchio, e-mail email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter at @CVecchioFX
To be added to Christopher’s e-mail distribution list, please fill out this form
- Investment & Company Information