SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's digital media studios, producers and broadcasters demand technology that can unleash the creative process and enhance the user experience for the entire life cycle of data in the world's most content-intensive workflows – from ingest to editing, transcoding, distribution and archiving. Organizations require solutions that enable collaboration and eliminate workflow management complexity without compromising performance.
Find DataDirect Networks (DDN) in Booth #SL8016 at the 2014 NAB Show, April 5-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, NV, where the company will demonstrate technology that addresses the storage, workflow performance and geographically distributed data center needs of the media and entertainment industry. Joined by customers Deluxe Entertainment Services Group and Level 3 Communications, DDN will showcase how its file and object storage solutions can help customers drive higher performance, simplify management, increase workflow efficiency, reduce time to market and lower total cost of ownership.
- At this year's NAB Show, together with Deluxe Entertainment Services Group and Level 3 Communications, DDN will showcase its technology expertise designed to address the life cycle of data in the world's most content-intensive media and entertainment workflows.
- DDN's end-to-end single platform approach for optimizing and cost effectively managing digital workflows advances storage for Media and Entertainment with:
- Up to 560 percent faster transcoding
- No SAN complexity
- 8,192 x larger namespaces
- Reduced power consumption with integrated SSDs and 40 percent less hardware
- Global, automated collaboration
- Ability to process HD, 2K, 4K, 5K, 8K, 3D and beyond with ease
- Flexible, policy-based solutions
- Multi-tiered, policy-driven automation
- Rich ecosystem of partners and technologies
- DDN's real-time, high performance tier-1 solutions (GRIDScaler™, SFA7700™, SFA12K®, SFX) deliver the highest performance to allow Media and Entertainment customers to create and produce, edit without bottlenecks, transcode to all optimal formats, and render and distribute to all device types.
- DDN delivers one simple and seamless solution through easy-to-use, integrated collaboration, distribution and archive capabilities with DDN's WOS® cloud and object storage solutions – WOS Bridge, WOS Access and federated GRIDScaler namespace.
DDN Showcases Active Archive and Content Delivery Use Cases at Booth #SL8016
- Active Archive Demo: The ultimate collaboration story told by global post-production company, Deluxe Entertainment Services Group. Learn how Deluxe uses DDN's WOS object storage platform to free up expensive tier-1 storage, increase utilization and efficiencies of geo-dispersed compute and creative resources, and create a much easier scaling path over time.
- Content Origin and Delivery Demo: Find out how the biggest content delivery networks solve their largest, unpredictable storage needs. Level 3 Communications will demonstrate its Cloud Content Exchange service powered by DDN's GRIDScaler solution.
- ASG Digital Archive Demo: Visit the DDN Booth #SL8016 from 2:00-2:30 p.m. PT every day to meet our partners from ASG and discover how their digital archive (ADA) solution utilizes DDN's WOS object storage platform to achieve the highest performance and most cost-effective disk-based archive solution in the market.
- Active Archive Alliance Session: Join DDN and the Active Archive Alliance in room S224 on Tuesday, April 8 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. PT for a panel session that will showcase the way active archive technology is delivering a new level of capability to media and entertainment IT environments, allowing them to store and easily retrieve data in ways that weren't possible before.
Get Involved with DDN at the 2014 NAB Show
- Happy TWO Hours: Join DDN, customers, partners and guests for two consecutive happy hours on Tuesday, April 8 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. PT. Guests will have a chance to enter a drawing to win an iPad Air.
- Japanese Language Tour: Visit the DDN booth at 1:30 p.m. PT every day for a booth tour in Japanese and to receive a complete overview of DDN's solutions and personal technical consultation on your projects.
- DDN iPad Air Giveaway: Visit http://www.ddn.com/nab2014/ to enter for a chance to win an iPad Air. NAB Show attendees have two chances to win.
- According to DDN CMO, Molly Rector, "The age of high resolution media broadcast production requires solutions that accelerate the creation, sharing and long-term access of content across the entire workflow. Production studios, broadcasters and other customers in the media and entertainment industry are looking for strategic alliances with their vendors so they may focus on the creative part of the process without having to worry about bottlenecks anywhere along the production journey. More than 600+ DDN media and entertainment customers, including global leaders Deluxe and Level 3, are already benefiting from DDN technology with unmatched performance, ease of management, increased workflow and cost efficiency –future proofing their production initiatives for tomorrow."
- DDN 2014 NAB Show Landing Page
- More on DDN Object Storage
- More on DDN File Storage
- More on DDN's work with Media & Entertainment companies
- Follow the DDN Blog, connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Follow the #StorageForMedia hashtag to join the storage for media conversation
- Subscribe to DDN RSS Feed
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies. With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 6,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information visit www.bydeluxe.com.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN, WOS, GRIDScaler, are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
DDN Media Contact:
Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications
- Professional Services
- Technology & Electronics
- Level 3 Communications