MANHATTAN BEACH, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 30, 2014) - While summer isn't quite over, school will be back in session in no time, which means consumers will be looking for the best ways to save as they shop for back to school essentials. Based on its proprietary deal data and enhanced shopping intelligence, DealScience.com is revealing the top ways consumers can save this season.
"The back to school shopping season is a close second to the holidays in terms of the amount of time and money consumers spend on retail goods -- same goes for the number of deals we see from stores," said Brandon Hunt, co-founder of DealScience.com. "DealScience.com is focused on providing a platform that helps consumers save every day, but we pay particular attention to how we can help users leverage our tools and data during big shopping seasons."
The DealScience.com ABCs of back to school savings, include:
- Apparel 101: Before loading up on the hottest fashion trends of the season, understand how and when to shop. Traditionally, August was the best time for deals, but recently clothing sales have started in late July and last through mid-September. Stores like Lucky Brand, Levi's, and Lee offer up to 80 percent off before the summer is even over, so now is the time to purchase that new pair of jeans. Gap and Old Navy often cut prices on school styles by 40 percent -- and because back-to-school season coincides with the end of the summer, most retailers offer deep discounts on summer apparel now too. Who says you can't prepare for next summer while you're shopping for the fall?
- Boots & more: Every student likes to start the year with a new pair of kicks. Because sites like Shoes.com and Famous Footwear offer special coupon codes and buy one, get one (BOGO) deals with short shelf lives, shoppers should act quickly when they see a good shoe deal.
- Classroom supplies: Before you tackle your school supplies list this year, be aware that many stores have already cut prices on supplies by up to 30 percent and/or are offering BOGO deals now. Department stores like Kohl's & Target and office supply stores like Office Depot & Staples are among those that have great seasonal savings (although office supply stores tend to offer bigger discounts).
- Department store savings: Shoppers can count on most department stores having designated back to school sales that cover a wide-range of products. For college students, in particular, now through Mid-August is the optimal time to purchase items for your dorm room like bedding, bath, and decor. Macy's and JCPenney are offering up to 75 percent on many home goods items that are already on sale.
DealScience.com is a technology company that delivers cutting-edge shopping intelligence that helps consumers make better purchase decisions. As veterans of the deal space, DealScience.com was developed to help consumers compare coupons from top deal sites, with one quick search. By aggregating the best deals, ranking their reliability and tracking top sales trends, users get peace of mind knowing they're getting the best deal. DealScience.com also provides store-specific shopping tips from nearly 10,500 retailers and counting. The result -- shoppers save time, money and are more knowledgeable about their favorite stores.
- Personal Finance - Career & Education
- Banking & Budgeting
Superior Public Relations
Aimee (at) superior-pr (dot) com