CHICAGO, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Devine Color Creamy Wall Coatings is an artist-created paint brand that has been a category innovator since its inception more than 14 years ago. At that time, founder Gretchen Schauffler created Devine Color in her home studio because there was no paint worthy of the colors she imagined – a personal yet bold move that caused major paint brands to take note. Today, Devine Color is continuing to push category boundaries with the launch of a new e-commerce website that aims to revolutionize the paint purchase experience.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/61221-devine-color-creamy-wall-coatings-paint-new-e-commerce-website
Capitalizing on the ever-growing consumer appetite to shop online, the refreshed DevineColor.com is designed to remove the barriers and fear behind ordering paint online. A unique user experience guides site visitors through a color discovery process towards a guaranteed-to-be-successful paint purchase. In addition to website sales, Devine Color will be available on e-tail giant Amazon.com.
"Unlike standard paint chips, our exclusive Devine Color Discovery Cards allow people to visualize color options holistically in the context of the light, architectural features, fabrics and furnishings in their home," said Joel Wasserman, the brand's general manager. "Helpful videos demonstrating how to use the cards and apply the paint are available on the website for added inspiration and education. We really are making it fool-proof."
To further boost consumer confidence, the brand created the Devine Color Promise – if you are not completely satisfied with the color selected, it will be replaced with another for free. The promise gives consumers the confidence they need to purchase and select paint in the comfort of their homes without having to take multiple trips to the paint store. The site also features a paint coverage calculator to easily determine how much paint is needed based on the dimensions of the space.
Devine Color is available in 209 trend-proof luminous hues organized into 19 inspiring collections. Shauffler created each paint color, which is hand-mixed on canvas and home-tested. A new and improved premium formula delivers a Zero VOC interior paint that is easy to apply and boasts a fabric-like finish enhanced with light-enhancing pigments. The creamy wall coatings offer a better application process – with no dripping or spattering – that ultimately brings a room to life with rich, radiant color.
In addition to a redesigned website with enhanced e-commerce functionality and stronger distribution in select brick-and-mortar stores, the brand relaunch will be supported in the following ways:
- Strategic Partnership with the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID). Devine Color believes connecting with interior designers is critical to success. ASID will include the brand in various print and online publications and promote the partnership at Dwell on Design in Los Angeles in June. A new Designer Access Program offers professionals wholesale pricing with a 35 percent ongoing discount. Also offered for the design community are complimentary Devine Color Deluxe Swatches, personal service from the Devine Color Support Team and opportunities for future rewards and recognition.
- Email Marketing. Devine Color will launch an email marketing campaign to announce the Designer Access Program.
- Print Advertising. This year, Devine Color placed its first ever magazine ad in Dwell and the ad will run five times in 2013.
- Social Media. Devine Color will look to engage consumers and support all facets of the new campaign through its Facebook and Twitter platforms, using social media to help tell the story of Devine Color.
- Public Relations & Earned Media. All efforts of the integrated plan will be supported through editorial media relations efforts.
About Devine Color
Devine Color is dedicated to empowering designers and homeowners to create the story of light and color the way they imagined it. Pioneering a new concept in paint with exclusive light-enhancing pigments, artist Gretchen Schauffler used her background in art therapy and graphic design to found the company out of her own home in 1998. As part of the Valspar Corporation, Devine Color benefits from the global footprint as well as research and development capabilities of one of the world's leading coating manufacturers. Visit www.devinecolor.com for more information.
The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is a community of people—designers, industry representatives, educators and students—committed to interior design. Through education, knowledge sharing, advocacy, community building and outreach, the Society strives to advance the interior design profession and, in the process, to demonstrate and celebrate the power of design to positively change people's lives. Its more than 30,000 members engage in a variety of professional programs and activities through a network of 48 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. Learn more at www.asid.org.
- Home & Garden
- Arts & Entertainment