PUNE, INDIA--(Marketwire -05/23/12)- Dhingana, the leading player in the Indian music streaming market, today announced that it has surpassed 10.5 million monthly active visitors, making it the world's top on-demand streaming Indian music service. The company also released a set of usage statistics that provide an idea of how music streaming has become a mainstream activity for a majority of Indian Internet users; both on their PCs and laptops as well as mobile devices.
- Dhingana receives over 4.5 million monthly active visitors from its mobile apps.
- Dhingana adds over 200,000 new users per month.
- Dhingana mobile apps are downloaded close to 10,000 times each day.
- Almost 100 Million minutes of music served every month.
- Over 60% web traffic from India.
- Of total Android traffic, Dhingana receives 68% traffic from India.
- Of total Nokia traffic, Dhingana receives 98% traffic from India.
- Of total BlackBerry traffic, Dhingana receives 50% traffic from India.
- Of total iPhone traffic, Dhingana receives 30% traffic from India.
(Please find a detailed info-graphic for more information attached).
According to Snehal Shinde, CEO and Co-founder, Dhingana, "We are excited to announce our usage statistics which show that we are the largest player in the Indian music streaming industry today. We believe this is the result of our strong focus on mobile devices as well as continuous efforts towards providing the best and largest collection of music in the Indian music space spanning across 300+ labels like T-Series, Saregama, Tips, Venus, Aditya and many others. We will continue our efforts to provide the best music experience to our users over the net as well as through mobile devices."
In addition to this, Dhingana also released statistics regarding their user base as well as recent tie-up with Facebook.
- Facebook users listen two times longer than other users on the web, and the average daily user listens for 15 mins.
- Over three-quarters of Dhingana's listeners are between the ages of 18-35 and over 68% are male.
- Dhingana's top musical genre is Hindi, followed by Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu and Tamil.
According to Swapnil Shinde, Co-Founder & COO, Dhingana, "We are growing at a phenomenal pace and adding close to 200,000 users every month. Also, our partnership with Facebook is showing great results with Facebook users listening to music twice as long than web. We have always believed that social music discovery is the way forward for Indian music and the results confirm that our listeners are consuming more music when they listen to it together with friends on Facebook. We will continue to deeply integrate with Facebook and add more features to sharpen the social focus of Dhingana."
Dhingana originally launched as a streaming music service for the web in 2007, but has since offered apps for every major mobile device, including Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Nokia smartphones.
Dhingana is the leading social music streaming service that allows users to easily discover and enjoy Bollywood and Indian music. The Dhingana music platform is accessed by millions of users across 220+ countries/territories every month. The company today has a collection of over 350,000 songs across 35 different genres which are available, legally and for free. By using Dhingana, consumers also become device independent and can access their favorite music across different devices and platforms like iPhone / iPad / iPod, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia based devices, as well as their PCs and laptops.
Twin brothers Snehal and Swapnil Shinde launched Dhingana.com in February 2007. The co-founders come with over 10 years of experience in driving Engineering and Product Management for companies like Yahoo!, IBM, and Symantec in the past. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Dhingana also has their offices in Pune, India. To know more, please visit: http://www.dhingana.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1992528