MCLEAN, Va., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A debt-free college education, a first home, a new business venture, or early retirement – all of us dream about what we want to achieve in life, but the reality of saving enough money often gets in the way. That's why Capital One 360® is launching the 'What are you #Saving4?' contest, to get people talking about their savings aspirations and give them an exciting head start to achieving them.
Upload a Dream, Win the Reality
Starting November 8 through December 20, 'What are you #Saving4?' will give consumers hundreds of opportunities to win cash and help kick start their savings. Every day, winners will be selected to receive a $500 cash prize. There are two ways to enter and win:
- Show us what you are #Saving4: Upload an image that best captures your savings dream at www.capitalone360.com/saving4.
- Tweet us what you are #Saving4: Share your 360 Savings Account nickname via Twitter with the hashtag, #Saving4
- New customers can open a 360 Savings Account and create a personalized subaccount
- Current customers can add a subaccount via existing 360 Savings Account
- Contest judging criteria for all entries will be (see official rules at saving4.capitalone360.com/rules):
- 40% Originality
- 30% Creativity
- 30% Emotional Impact
"We all have dreams – things that we want to achieve for ourselves and for our families and visions of what is possible for our life's work," said Jim Kelly, Head of Direct Banking, Capital One 360. "Hoping and dreaming alone can't always bring those dreams to life – but money alone won't make them happen either. At Capital One 360, we want people to dream big and we want to help them get and stay motivated to make their savings dreams a reality."
Black Friday by Capital One 360
To celebrate savings dreams on the biggest spending day of the year, 'What are you #Saving4?' kicks into high gear through the Black Friday weekend. From November 29 – December 2, two winners will be selected every hour to win $500 each. The contest will award more than 190 winners over the four-day weekend.
In addition to 'What are you #Saving4'?, Capital One 360 is offering special deals for current and new customers during its annual Black Friday Sale, kicking off at 12:01am ET on November 29. One of the deals that will be unveiled is a $125 bonus* for new 360 Checking Account customers. Here's how it works:
- Open a 360 Checking Account between November 29 – December 2, 2013
- Make five debit card transactions or five deposits via CheckMate, Capital One 360's remote deposit capture feature (or a combination of both) within 45 days of opening your account
- Capital One 360 will put a $125 bonus into your new account
The complete list of deals will be available at 12:01am ET on Black Friday at www.capitalone360.com/blackfriday.
The Grand Finale
'What are you #Saving4?' will culminate with a Grand Prize winner receiving $25,000. In total, Capital One 360 will give away more than $160,000 to consumers to pursue their savings dreams.
*Details of the 360 Checking Account and bonus are:
- Must be a customer's first 360 Checking Account, including Electric Orange
- Debit card purchases can be either signature- or PIN-based
- The bonus will be received on day 50 of opening the account
- No fees and no minimum balance required
- Account gives access to 38,000 free Allpoint ATMs
- Current 360 Checking Account rates are variable:
- 0.20 percent APY on balances less than $50,000
- 0.80 percent APY on balances of $50,0000 to less than $100,000
- 0.85 percent APY on balances of $100,000 or more.
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company headquartered in McLean, Virginia. Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients through a variety of channels. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index. Capital One's subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A., and Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., had $206.9 billion in deposits and $289.9 billion in total assets as of September 30, 2013. Capital One, N.A. has more than 900 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Capital One 360 is a division of Capital One, N.A.
Video with caption: "A comfortable retirement? A new home? Ukulele lessons? No matter what you're #SAVING4, we want to help you get there. Just visit http://www.CapitalOne360.com/Saving4 from November 8th to December 20th and tell us what you're #SAVING4. You could win a daily $500 prize or the Grand Prize of $25,000 to help make your savings dreams a reality. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. See official rules at https://saving4.capitalone360.com/rules." Video available at: http://youtu.be/Q8zbvdwns5g
- Hobbies & Personal Activities
- Contests & Giveaways
- Capital One