By Ian Gilson, CFA
Hydrocarb Energy has released more details of the field outcrop study (mentioned below) done in the Namibia concession, in which Duma Energy (OTC BB:DUMA) has a 39% working interest.
The study has indicated significant porosity and the presence of degraded crude oil. These studies indicate excellent porosity within the carbonate reservoir of the Huttenberg Formation. High porosity suggest that oil extraction costs would be low, depending on the pressure at the well.
Hydrocarb Energy estimates that the Oponono Prospect could include between 1.1 billion barrels (10% probability) and 235 million (90% probability) if oil is present.
For additional research on small-cap stocks, please visit scr.zacks.com.
To become a subscriber to Zacks SCR and receive SCR blogs and research reports emailed directly to your inbox, please visit our Subscribe page.
- Nature & Environment