KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
eBay Enterprise, an eBay Inc. company, today announced global momentum after securing 451 clients and 862 extension and renewals in the first half of 2014 across the company’s diverse mix of retail-optimized commerce technologies, marketing solutions, order management, fulfillment and customer service.
Leading brands that turned to eBay Enterprise to power their retail growth include: Alex and Ani, BOXPARK, Destination XL, Karmaloop, MailPix and StubHub.
Current clients have also added new services to enhance the consumer experience. “We have been using eBay Enterprise Dropship for four years and have seen great success with the solution in terms of expanding our dropship partner network, maintaining visibility to inventory, and eliminating manual processes. In January, we launched Ship-from-Store to leverage in-store inventory for online sales. As a result, we can minimize out-of-stock situations and sell down merchandise prior to markdowns. Both solutions have helped us improve our customer’s shopping experience by allowing us to offer more style, size and color assortments regardless of where the inventory is located,” stated Chris Shortall, Vice President of Customer Service at Destination XL.
“We are leading local commerce with close to 4,000 stores enabled with store-based fulfillment globally,” said Tobias Hartmann, interim president of eBay Enterprise. “We continue to help merchants compete in a global marketplace having recently launched our ship-from-store solution for a leading retailer in North America, Europe, and China, which is an industry first.”
Highlights for eBay Enterprise in 2014 thus far:
- In January, eBay Enterprise announced the ability to implement ship-from-store technologies for retailers in 99 days and offer clients who have implemented this solution with additional freight discounts of up to 50% off published rates.
- In March, eBay Enterprise announced its expanded operations in Canada with a new fulfillment center.
- In April, Advertising Age ranked eBay Enterprise within the top 15 in its “50 Largest U.S. Digital-Agency Networks” report for the fifth year in a row.
- eBay Enterprise was recently recognized as the #1 commerce provider to the mid-market according to the 2014 Internet Retailer Top 500. For the fourth consecutive year, Magento remains the most popular platform, with a 34 percent increase in online retail sites since last year, according to a recent study by Tom Robertshaw.
- In May, eBay Enterprise announced the availability of two new extensions for Magento merchants now available in the Magento Connect Marketplace: the eBay Enterprise Display Extension, enabling retailers to deliver personalized product-specific ads to retarget lost customers; and the eBay Enterprise Affiliate Extension, offering best-in-class reporting tools to analyze, track and launch affiliate programs and easy integration with eBay Enterprise’s network of more than 200,000 affiliates.
- Magento Enterprise 1.14 and Community Edition 1.9 were launched in May, drastically reducing the barrier for merchants to get a tablet and smart phone friendly responsive site. The new editions also integrate Bill Me Later and PayPal Express Checkout empowering merchants to further streamline checkout. Initial customers on the Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14 include Shop3M and Hallhuber.
“Our strategy of enabling commerce innovation for fast-growing companies through our eBay Enterprise and Magento solutions is clearly proving successful with initial synergies between Magento customers and our marketing solutions,” said Hartmann. Clients leveraging both include Munchkin, Rebecca Minkoff and Alex and Ani.
eBay Enterprise drives industry leading ROI for the Internet Retailer Top 500 through its comprehensive mix of demand generation solutions, as demonstrated in its ability to help Alex and Ani increase ROI by 80 percent through Facebook ads. “The strategies and best practices championed by the eBay Enterprise Marketing Solutions team helped drive insights that refined our Facebook advertising program, making it a force for our direct response goals,” said Ryan Bonifacino, vice president of digital strategy at Alex and Ani.
eBay Enterprise will be showcasing its commerce technologies at Booth #829 at the 2014 Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition from June 10-13, 2014 in Chicago, Illinois. eBay Inc. CEO John Donahoe will be presenting a keynote session titled “Connected Commerce: The New Opportunity for Retailers in an Evolving Retail Environment” on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 8:30 – 9 a.m. CT.
To learn more, please visit eBay Enterprise.
About eBay Enterprise
eBay Enterprise is a leading global provider of retail-optimized commerce solutions, including the Magento platform, order management, fulfillment, customer care, and marketing solutions. We enable brands and retailers of all sizes to deliver consistent omnichannel experiences across all retail touch points to attract and engage new customers, convert browsers into loyal buyers, and deliver products with speed and quality. With unrivaled flexibility and control, our clients are armed to accelerate sales growth and win with today’s digitally connected consumer. eBay Enterprise is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pa. and has offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, Los Angeles, New York and Shanghai. eBay Enterprise is an eBay Inc. (EBAY) company. More information can be found at www.ebayenterprise.com and www.magento.com.
- Information Technology