MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 9, 2012) - Egnyte, the leading provider of cloud file sharing infrastructure for businesses, today announced EgnytePlus™, a new partner platform for creating complete cloud file sharing infrastructure for the enterprise. Partners are certified using a rigorous set of tests designed to ensure that each solution exceeds Egnyte's stringent functionality, reliability and performance criteria. The first EgnytePlus™ certified products include: IBM N-Series and DS-Series Storage, NetApp FAS Unified Storage, NETGEAR® ReadyNAS® and NETGEAR ReadyDATA™ and Synology DiskStation. EgnytePlus is the only solution available today that delivers the economies of the cloud along with the in-the-office experience of on-premise storage.
"We've consistently heard from our enterprise customers that the cloud is not enough, and what they want is the utility of the cloud combined with secure on-premise storage," said Vineet Jain, Co-founder and CEO of Egnyte. "By partnering with world class storage players like NetApp, IBM, NETGEAR and Synology, EgnytePlus™ does precisely that. The cloud is married to any number of users, any number of offices, and any number of access points or devices to create a cohesive extended workplace for today's enterprise employee."
"Our integration with EgnytePlus™ enables mobile users to access and share files hosted on secure, enterprise-class NetApp storage solutions," said Tim Russell, Vice President, Data Center Lifecycle Management Group, NetApp. "The solution leverages our expertise in data management to scale the file sharing experience as organizations grow."
EgnytePlus™ adds the following tiers to traditional storage solutions:
- Sharing tier - enables controlled secure sharing of files with mobile devices for anywhere, anytime, any device sharing of files
- Replication tier - enables controlled secure site-to-site replication
- Archive tier - enables controlled secure archiving and file backup
- Mobile tier - enables users to share files with different mobile devices (e.g., laptops, Apple iPhone/iPad, Android phones/tables, Amazon tablets)
EgnytePlus™ leverages hybrid cloud technology to deliver flexible online file sharing to local storage:
- Access files from anywhere, with any device
- Uninterrupted access, online and offline
- No VPN or FTP required
- Collaborate in real time across multiple teams and offices
- Back up files safely in the cloud with remote data replication, immediate online data recovery and data encryption
- Sync files across multiple storage devices and offices
- Granular control of user access and folder permissions
"We're excited to continue our partnership with Egnyte," said Hien Nguyen, Vice President of American Sales, Commercial Business Unit, at NETGEAR. "Being able to provide controlled secure file sharing and real-time collaboration across distributed work environments is a key component of successfully implementing your file sharing infrastructure and a real differentiator for NETGEAR."
About EgnytePlus™ Partner Certification Program
EgnytePlus™ program provides qualified storage vendors and resellers with access to Egnyte's solutions, technical support, training, certification, marketing and sales assistance. Customers [or "end users"] benefit by being able to leverage best-of-breed hybrid cloud technology that delivers the flexibility of cloud-enabled online file sharing to local storage. For additional information about the EgnytePlus™ Partner Certification Program visit: http://www.egnyte.com/egnyteplus/egnyteplus-certification.html.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
Over 1 billion files are shared daily by businesses using Egnyte. Egnyte's unique technology provides the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud. Users can easily store, share, access and backup files, while IT has the centralized administration and control to enforce business policies. Egnyte, founded 2007, is based in Mountain View, California and is a privately held company backed by venture capital firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.
- Follow Egnyte on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Egnyte
- Join Egnyte on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Egnyte
- Connect with Egnyte on LinkedIn: Egnyte LinkedIn Group
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
- file sharing