MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 18, 2013) - eHealth, Inc. (
According to a recent poll1, four in ten Americans are uncertain whether the ACA remains effective or has been repealed by congress or overturned by the Supreme Court. Many more Americans may still be confused about specific aspects of the ACA or the upcoming open enrollment period, running from October 2013 through March 2014, when consumers will be able to purchase fully-reformed 2014 health plans and apply for subsidy assistance.
The ACA Resource Center provides an open enrollment timeline and a broad selection of easy-to-understand videos, articles, and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) explaining different aspects of the health care reform law and the health insurance shopping process. Through eHealth's ACA Resource Center, consumers can find answers to questions such as:
- "When is the new open enrollment period?"
- "What new provisions of the law are coming into effect in January 2014?"
- "Am I required to have health insurance?"
- "Will health insurance cost more in 2014?"
- "How will Obamacare subsidies work?"
- "What does the ACA mean to me if I'm not eligible for a subsidy?"
- "How much are the Obamacare tax penalties?"
- "Can my application be denied?"
- "Will I pay more for health insurance if I'm unhealthy?"
- "Do small employers have to pay a tax for not offering insurance in 2014?"
- "Will I be able to change plans after 2014?"
- "What happens if I have a lapse in coverage in 2014?"
- "Can I keep my non-grandfathered health plan?"
- "Do I need to be on the same health plan as my spouse?"
eHealth's Resource Center also provides consumers with a subsidy calculator to help them estimate their eligibility for government assistance in purchasing coverage. Consumers are invited to provide their age, zip code, and estimated income, and are advised of any subsidy amount they may potentially be entitled to in 2014. A final subsidy determination can only be made by the government health insurance exchange in a consumer's state.
"eHealth has long been a trusted resource for consumers shopping for health insurance, as evidenced by the over three million Americans that we've helped enroll in quality coverage," said eHealth President and Chief Operating Officer Bill Shaughnessy. "As access to health insurance is expected to expand in 2014, eHealth is offering consumers the resources and straight-forward answers they need to help understand what the law means for them."
eHealth's new ACA Resource Center is accessible through a link on the eHealthInsurance.com homepage or directly at www.ehealthinsurance.com/affordable-care-act.
New articles and videos addressing consumer concerns will be added to the ACA Resource Center on an ongoing basis during the upcoming open enrollment period and into 2014.
1 Source: Kaiser Health Tracking Poll, August 2013. See: http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-august-2013/
eHealth, Inc. (
For more health insurance news and information, visit the eHealth consumer blog: Get Smart - Get Covered.
- Health Care Industry
- health insurance