ERIE, Pa., April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The shareholders of Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE) at their annual meeting on April 17, 2013, reelected all 13 incumbent Directors to the Company's Board of Directors for a one-year term. The persons elected to the Board (and their tenure on the Board) are:
- J. Ralph Borneman Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Body-Borneman Insurance & Financial Services, LLC. (Director since 1992)
- Terrence W. Cavanaugh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Erie Indemnity Company and related companies (Director since 2008)
- Jonathan Hirt Hagen, Vice Chairman, Custom Group Industries (Director since 2005)
- Susan Hirt Hagen, Co-trustee of H.O. Hirt Trusts (Director since 1980)
- Thomas B. Hagen, Chairman of the Board of Erie Indemnity Company; Chairman/Owner of Custom Group Industries; and general partner of the Hagen Family Limited Partnership (Director since 2007; previous Board service 1979-1998)
- C. Scott Hartz, Chief Executive Officer, Hartz Group; Chief Executive Officer, Taasera, Inc.; and former CEO of PwC Consulting (Director since 2003)
- Dr. Claude C. Lilly III, President, Presbyterian College (Director since 2000)
- Lucian L. Morrison, Independent trustee and consultant in trust, estate, probate and qualified plan matters (Director since 2006)
- Thomas W. Palmer, Member and a Managing Partner of the law firm of Marshall & Melhorn, LLC (Director since 2006)
- Martin P. Sheffield, Owner, Sheffield Consulting, LLC, insurance consultants (Director since 2010)
- Richard L. Stover, Managing Principal, Birchmere Capital, L.P., private equity fund (Director since 2010)
- Elizabeth Hirt Vorsheck, Co-trustee of H.O. Hirt Trusts (Director since 2007)
- Dr. Robert C. Wilburn, Distinguished Service Professor and Director, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University, Washington, D.C. (Director since 1999)
At their annual meeting, the shareholders also approved the adoption of a new Equity Compensation Plan.
According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 15th largest homeowners insurer and 12th largest automobile insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 20th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has more than 4.6 million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance Group is a FORTUNE 500 company. Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion. ERIE is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Erie Insurance is also recognized on the list of Ward's 50 Group of top performing insurance companies, which analyzes the financial performance of 3,000 property and casualty companies and recognizes the top performers for achieving outstanding results in safety, consistency and financial performance over a five-year period (2007-2011).
News releases and more information about Erie Insurance Group are available at www.erieinsurance.com.