REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 1, 2014) - Oracle (
Ermenegildo Zegna Group has gone live with Oracle Retail solutions to help accelerate planning cycles and drive more-informed decision making throughout its global business. By optimizing Ermenegildo Zegna's merchandising, buying and planning capabilities through a single integrated model, the Oracle Retail implementation will help to ensure that daily decisions align with business objectives and deliver on the company's brand promise.
- Ermenegildo Zegna Group, the global Italian menswear fashion and accessories brand, has gone live with Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning to help enable integration of its global merchandising and financial planning operations.
- The project was managed by a steering committee headed by Ermenegildo Zegna, the chief executive officer of the group, to help ensure full alignment between the business and IT teams.
- With more than 500 stores in more than 100 countries, Ermenegildo Zegna Group wanted to integrate merchandising and financial planning to capitalize on more global opportunities.
- Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning will offer greater integration between the Ermenegildo Zegna Group's financial and commercial planning operations, along with providing the capacity for faster identification of opportunities across market segments to support the retailer's goal of driving better, more profitable inventory investment decisions.
- After a competitive selection process that included a review of available solutions, Ermenegildo Zegna Group chose Oracle solutions due to the flexibility of the platform and Oracle's proven experience within the global marketplace.
- Accenture, a Diamond-level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork, and Oracle Consulting implemented the global retail solutions.
- With an ongoing commitment to driving innovation in products and fabrics, technology and processes, Ermenegildo Zegna Group will see the new Oracle Retail merchandise planning-based tools rolled out across all its branches via a deep change management process.
- Through the use of Oracle solutions, Ermenegildo Zegna has initiated a long-term integrated merchandise strategy to help ensure the group remains competitive and relevant in all of its key market segments, according to the needs of customers and related demand trends.
- "Ermenegildo Zegna Group has clearly defined goals for its global business to operate at a high level of efficiency across borders and across channels," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. "The successful implementation of Oracle Retail solutions will provide the company with the capability to make even better inventory planning decisions through access to accurate and consistent data, which will drive growth in a highly competitive international market."
- About Ermenegildo Zegna Group
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail International Blog
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Oracle in Retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Business Services & Activities
- Ermenegildo Zegna