ETF Spotlight on the FlexShares Morningstar U.S. Market Factor Tilt Index Fund (TILT) , part of an ongoing series.
Assets : $699.3 million
Objective : The FlexShares Morningstar U.S. Market Factor Tilt Index ETF tries to reflect the performance of the Morningstar U.S. Market Factor Tilt Index, which provides enhanced exposure to U.S. equities by tilting the portfolio toward long-term growth potential of small-cap and value stocks.
What You Should Know :
- Norther Trust’s FlexShares sponsors the fund.
- TILT has a 0.27% expense ratio.
- The ETF has 2,584 holdings and the top ten components make up 9.8% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include financials 19.4%, information technology 17.6%, consumer discretionary 13.4%, industrials 12.3%, health care 12.3%, energy 8.7%, consumer staples 6.8%, materials 4.5%, utilities 3.3% and telecom services 1.6%.
- Market-capitalization weights include large-cap 57.6%, mid-cap 34.2%, small-cap 6.6% and micro-cap 1.6%.
- Style allocations include value- 34.3%, core 35.2% and growth 30.5%.
- The portfolio shows a price-to-earnings ratio of 17.4.
- TILT is up 4.5% over the past month, up 4.1% over the last three months and up 7.0% year-to-date.
- The fund is trading 7.6% above its 200-day exponential moving average.
- The ETF tries to enhance returns by tilting the portfolio toward small-cap and value stocks.
- However, the focus could cause the ETF to underperform in certain market conditions, such as a bearish market environment when small-cap stocks underperform large-cap categories.
Next page: The latest news