Stocks have endured a harsh trading week as broad-based profit taking pressures managed to swoop in with little warning following the U.S. election. Although the price action on Wall Street has been far from optimistic, we remain hesitant to pull out entirely given a number of positive developments; for starters, weekly jobless claims came in better-than-expected again, showcasing that the recovery in the domestic labor market is not a case of fudging the numbers as some continue to rant about. Additionally, solid consumer sentiment data also suggests that optimism is building on Main Street, leading us to believe that this week’s rather frightening sell-off may have been a bit overdone as negative headlines from Europe conveniently stole the show [see Free 7 Simple & Cheap All-ETF Portfolios].
Below, we highlight how the ETFdb Analyst Picks have been performing, noting any important fundamental catalysts while also keeping an eye on key technical levels for our recommendations:
This recommendation took a tumble for the worst this week as post-election profit taking hit the utilities sector particularly hard. With XLU below its 200-day moving average, we advise keeping a close eye on it as it has neared our suggested stop-loss level. Nonetheless, we feel this sell-off is a bit overdone and will hold onto this recommendation as the recent pullback should welcome back buyers over the coming weeks.
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios . Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
- ETF Insider: Flat And Thin
- ETF Insider: Bulls Look To Data Before Resuming Rally
- AdvisorShares Rolls Out SectorSAM ETF (SSAM)
- Dividend ETF Special: 25 Equity ETFs With Attractive Distribution Yields
- What Are Italian Stocks Doing In The Argentina ETF?