Trading on Wall Street has finally resumed after a prolonged weekend due to hurricane Sandy, prompting the closure of the New York Stock Exchange on Monday and Tuesday. Surprisingly, major equity benchmarks avoided volatile price swings at the open this morning despite the shortened trading week ahead of Friday’s key jobs report. From a technical perspective, immediate support for the S&P 500 Index remains at 1,400, along with near-term resistance at the 1,420 level [see Free 7 Simple & Cheap All-ETF Portfolios].Analyst Recommendations
Below, we highlight how the ETFdb Analyst Picks have been performing, noting any important fundamental catalysts while also keeping an eye on key technical levels for our recommendations:
Since recommendation, this position has oscillated back-and-forth, resulting in only a minimal gain as of today. From a fundamental perspective, the prevailing landscape remains largely unchanged and still plagued with uncertainties, which bodes well for this defensive-minded recommendation. XLU is keeping its head above the 200-day moving average which should continue to welcome buyers who are looking to scale back on risk-exposure without pulling out of the equity market entirely.ETFdb Analyst Pick #2: Long BDCL Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 45+ All-ETF model portfolios . Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF. Our ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition.
- ETF Analyzer allows investors to compile and download custom analysis reports, comparing any number of potential investments on the basis of cost, dividend yield, portfolio diversity, and historical performance, among other metrics.
- ETF Edge , the monthly Pro newsletter, delivers the latest ETF news and commentary, along with investment ideas, industry news, and reviews of new exchange-traded products.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged.
- Get high quality analyst research with 60+ ETFdb Category Reports that highlight price drivers, factors to consider, and intriguing ETF options for every asset class and strategy.
- Enhanced ETF Screener download capabilities , including the option to export results from this proprietary tool to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
- Investment & Company Information