The real star of the Alabama-Notre Dame BCS National Championship game tonight wasn't quarterback A.J. McCarron. It was his 23-year-old, pageant-winning girlfriend, Katherine Webb.
She was only on TV for a few minutes, but the announcers went wild. They called Webb a "beautiful woman" and recommended boys in Alabama start "playing catch in the backyard" to win a woman like Webb.
After that, Twitter followers poured in. While her boyfriend was playing on the field, she surpassed him in fans. Even Lebron James started following her account, @_KatherineWebb. Now, she has more than 92,000 followers and counting.
Who is Webb? Here are a few fun facts about Miss Alabama 2012:
- She first tried for Miss Georgia in 2007 and lost.
- She graduated from Alabama's rival, Auburn, in 2011
- Webb currently works for Chick-fil-A, but she also models.
- She enjoys playing paintball.
Here's the shot that made the Twitterverse explode, via Bleacher Report.
AJ McCarron's girlfriend and mom watching the National Championship game twitter.com/BleacherReport…— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 8, 2013
More From Business Insider
- Texans Player Arian Foster Changed His Twitter Avatar To A Boston Globe Column About How His Team Stinks
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Break Up After Blowout In The BVI [Exclusive Report]
- This Technology Could Save Lives And End The Gun Control Debate Right Now
- Sports & Recreation
- BCS National Championship game