Stay ahead of key mobile trends with BI Intelligence, Business Insider's new research and analysis service focused on the mobile industry. Access the full library of research, data, and charts. Sign up for your free trial today >>
Facebook's earnings are out. The company beat Wall Street's profit and revenue expectations.
Besides financials, we got a glimpse into how people are using the social network and there are some pretty interesting findings.
For the first time ever, Facebook's m obile daily active users exceeded desktop daily active users.
Here are some other stats from the official press release:
- Monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.06 billion as of December 31, 2012 , an increase of 25% year-over-year.
- Daily active users (DAUs) were 618 million on average for December 2012 , an increase of 28% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs were 680 million as of December 31, 2012 , an increase of 57% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs exceeded web DAUs for the first time in the fourth quarter of 2012.
More From Business Insider
- Facebook Has Opened Up A New Front In Its War With Google For The Future Of Advertising
- FACEBOOK: Yeah, We're Getting Tough With Developers
- Facebook Is Hoarding Its Social Graph And Cutting Off Competitors Left And Right
- Technology & Electronics