OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Apr 7, 2013) -
- The writ of election was issued today by Elections Canada for the federal by-election to be held on Monday, May 13, 2013, in the electoral district of Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador) to fill one vacancy in the House of Commons.
- The local Elections Canada offices in this electoral district will be open shortly.
- All Canadian citizens in Labrador who are at least 18 years of age on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's address of ordinary residence must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the lists of electors, Wednesday, April 10, until election day, Monday, May 13.
- Electors will be able to vote at advance polls on Friday, May 3, Saturday, May 4 or Monday, May 6; on election day; or by special ballot. Electors who wish to vote by special ballot must apply for their special ballot voting kit no later than 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7. Applications are available at www.elections.ca, by phone or in person at local Elections Canada offices and Canadian diplomatic or consular offices.
Vote. Shape your world.
- Politics & Government
- Newfoundland and Labrador