REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 23, 2012) - Oracle (
- Finish Line, Inc., an athletic retailer offering footwear, apparel and accessories, has selected Oracle Retail Merchandising, Planning and Stores solutions to support its growth strategy across 640 stores nationwide and online at www.finishline.com.
- Finish Line will use Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management, Oracle Retail Merchandising Analytics and Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization to localize offerings by customer and regional preferences and improve merchandise, planning and supply chain operations.
- The company plans to use Oracle Retail Stores solutions to improve the in-store experience and bring new stores online faster.
- The combined Oracle solutions will allow them to drive smarter decisions, optimize operations and improve the customer experience.
- As part of an integrated solution, Finish Line will also implement Oracle CRM to manage customer information, which will help drive merchandising decisions and improve the customer experience.
- As the company continues to expand through organic growth and acquisitions, Oracle Retail applications offer Finish Line a scalable platform designed to meet its specific strategy and growth objectives.
- To maximize performance while reducing costs and decreasing the complexity of its IT infrastructure, Finish Line will also implement Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- The Oracle Retail applications will replace legacy systems that have been costly to maintain and slow to accommodate new business opportunities.
- "Oracle Retail solutions provide Finish Line with a broad functional fit, giving us a single, integrated platform with which to transform our merchandising, planning and stores processes," said Scott Hoffman, executive vice president, chief merchandise officer, Finish Line. "The ability to gain insight into our customers' preferences to make more informed merchandising decisions is a critical component of our strategy to exceed the expectations of our customers."
- "We selected Oracle Retail because they can provide us with the breadth and depth of enterprise systems we need to support our growth," said Terry Ledbetter, senior vice president, chief information officer, Finish Line. "In addition, we get a best-in-class retail solution set that helps us optimize operations and improve efficiencies across the business."
- "Oracle Retail's experience platform is designed to help companies like Finish Line solve the business challenges of growth while improving customer interactions," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. "Finish Line requires a powerful platform that will enable the company to take advantage of new market opportunities."
- About Finish Line, Inc.
- Finish Line on Facebook and Twitter
- About Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management
- About Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization
- About Oracle Retail Stores Solutions
- About Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- About Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Investment & Company Information